Login

russian armor

2 years

25 Sep 2015, 16:42 PM

So I decided to look into this a little and it looks like there are a couple of bugs:
1. Any team weapon or vehicle they capture loses speech
2. Any open top vehicle they capture displays male partisans

The speech may require a bit of effort to fix. Yes the T-34 has a chance that it will be a female driver and it does have female speech, but a lot of that speech refers to the T-34 itself i.e. "T-34 moving out" "T-34 on the move" "T-34 ready for action". So it would require a bit more work than just attaching the current female voice to it. We would probably need to create a duplicate set of female vehicle speech and edit the lines so they no longer say T-34.

As for the open top vehicle issue I'd think it would just require a bit of a code, but I'm not a programmer and don't know for sure. I don't think it is something that can be done in the AE alone.

Thanks for this.

Yes female partisans are cool, but don't forget the amount of knock on things that happen. If they could not recrew or capture things it would be easier.

Think about it this way, is it worth spending resources on a model update that will require lots of behind the scenes work for two commanders, for a couple games out of 100's. I would rather see resources deployed elsewhere.
25 Sep 2015, 17:19 PM

So I decided to look into this a little and it looks like there are a couple of bugs:
1. Any team weapon or vehicle they capture loses speech
2. Any open top vehicle they capture displays male partisans

The speech may require a bit of effort to fix. Yes the T-34 has a chance that it will be a female driver and it does have female speech, but a lot of that speech refers to the T-34 itself i.e. "T-34 moving out" "T-34 on the move" "T-34 ready for action". So it would require a bit more work than just attaching the current female voice to it. We would probably need to create a duplicate set of female vehicle speech and edit the lines so they no longer say T-34.

As for the open top vehicle issue I'd think it would just require a bit of a code, but I'm not a programmer and don't know for sure. I don't think it is something that can be done in the AE alone.

Like Imagelessbean said, thanks!

Sounds like the toughest part is voice acting, and one doesn't want an unpolished game where females suddenly change / lose voices because there are no lines.

Dang, gents, looks like we aren't getting this one unless we can find the original VAs for cheap / get new cheap VA.
25 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM
Donator 11

Thanks for this.

Yes female partisans are cool, but don't forget the amount of knock on things that happen. If they could not recrew or capture things it would be easier.

Think about it this way, is it worth spending resources on a model update that will require lots of behind the scenes work for two commanders, for a couple games out of 100's. I would rather see resources deployed elsewhere.

I would have to agree, the new smg animations may not even be built for those models either which would require either new motion capture or to get the dev team to change the animations.

I love the inclusion of female partisans and I would love to see more but it may require more resources than its worth tbh. That being said I'm not a dev but would be a nice ascetic change
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 18
Sweden 77
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak