Login

russian armor

Enough about the brits SU-76 STILL OP FOR COST

12 Sep 2015, 00:20 AM

Honestly in 1v1 this unit is just a killer supported with a pak and t70. it penetrates almost every time and is easily spammable. Not to mention it also has a no cost AT. This units needs some changes. 2 of them tank out a jaqg head on lol
12 Sep 2015, 00:25 AM

I agree. Why this light assault gun has to penetrate medium/ heavy armor is something I still don't understand. SU76 + KV8 makes some easy wins atm OpieOP
12 Sep 2015, 00:37 AM

It should be able to fight mediums, but it shouldn't be the be all end all to soviet AT. At some point they should need to get heavier AT like the SU-85. They should reduce the pen so that it can penetrate the P4 somewhat reliably, but struggle with Panthers and Tigers.

It needs to be good vs mediums so soviets can go T1 and not get completely rolled over if a P4 comes out early.
12 Sep 2015, 00:44 AM

this is a l2p issue
12 Sep 2015, 00:51 AM

What I don't understand is why it has the same penetration as the SU-85, at the same time as being a lot quicker and can use a barrage ability for free. I mainly play Soviets, and the SU-85 seems really pointless when you can just get multiple SU-76s.
12 Sep 2015, 00:53 AM

This is what happens when Relic locks the T-34-76 in Tier 4:foreveralone:

Anyway, the best way to deal with SU-76s is to use AT infantry, such as volks or Panzergrens.
Seeing as all the soviet tier 3 vehicles are squishy, they can either kill the things if the player isn't paying attention, or at least force them back to give you room to advance.
12 Sep 2015, 01:05 AM

It just doing same job as stug, u can snipe it with paks and its too weak against panzershrecks.
12 Sep 2015, 01:31 AM

What Dustbin said, also their rotation rate is terrible. If you can seize an opportunity to blitz around them you can really garden them up easily if other supporting AT isn't nearby. Though I know that using Blitz offensively is kind of a novel concept :P
12 Sep 2015, 01:32 AM

It's completley free barrage ability is what bothers me the most...

what if... it barraged like that usually? like... it's barrage becomes it's main attack?... sort of like the US's motor howitzer thingy.... and then you had to spend munitions to load Anti-Tank shells for a certain amount of time?

It's barrage isn't the best anyways... and it's the anti-tank capabilities that currently seem to be the issue.... however... i suppose it might be difficult to do that since it's turretless...idk...

just an odd idea that popped into my head while reading this that seemed interesting... what do you guys think of it?
aaa
12 Sep 2015, 01:38 AM

whut. SU76 is piece of trash. Easyly desroyable by anything.
12 Sep 2015, 01:48 AM

It's completley free barrage ability is what bothers me the most...

what if... it barraged like that usually? like... it's barrage becomes it's main attack?... sort of like the US's motor howitzer thingy.... and then you had to spend munitions to load Anti-Tank shells for a certain amount of time?

It's barrage isn't the best anyways... and it's the anti-tank capabilities that currently seem to be the issue.... however... i suppose it might be difficult to do that since it's turretless...idk...

just an odd idea that popped into my head while reading this that seemed interesting... what do you guys think of it?

Barrage should probably be a vet 1 ability
Better than trip flares or secure territory or whatever crap soviet units have
12 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM

I don't know about you guys, but the fact that the SU-76 having the same pen as the SU-85 doesn't mean that the 76 is overperforming, it's that the 85 is underperforming. An end-game tank destroyer shouldn't have the penetration rates of an AT gun you can build from minute one. For its cost and immobility, it shouldn't have such a large chance to bounce shots on Panthers or higher. The fact that the su-85 is underperforming is the reason that you see su-76s in spades. If you want it to stop, start threads for SU-85 buffs, please.

Like so many have said before me in previous threads, buff SU-85 penetration, nerf fire rate at vet 2 and higher. Buff maneuverability a smidgen to compensate for assault gun pathing.
12 Sep 2015, 04:25 AM

No the SU85 is fine but the SU76 is slightly OP now. It shouldn't have the same pen as the SU85. Maybe 170/150/130 will be in line with its cost imo. It can still pen Pz4 easily with this adjustment, but will have some trouble to pen Panther or Kingtiger.
12 Sep 2015, 05:29 AM
Donator 11

oh god, not again
12 Sep 2015, 05:33 AM

this is a l2p issue
12 Sep 2015, 06:15 AM

this again??

k mate should i tell you ways to hard counter it in 1vs1 or the soft ways to counter it???
12 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

I agree. The SU76 needs a penetration nerf so it has a harder time penetrating heavy tanks.
13 Sep 2015, 10:53 AM

I agree. The SU76 needs a penetration nerf so it has a harder time penetrating heavy tanks.

penetration nerf?

is this some kind of a joke?

really now whats the problem facing those SU-76s?
13 Sep 2015, 10:59 AM
14 Sep 2015, 06:03 AM

I agree. While I am happy to see the SU76 finally being useful after 2 years or so, its a bit over the top at the moment. Fast as hell, free barrage, same pen as SU85 and very similar reload time.

The way it is right now its an SU85 that can clear out fortified positions and paks(especially cause the barrage seems to outrange paks) and wipe the occasional squad if you looked away for a moment to micro somewhere else.

While the free barrage still makes me cringe(no ability in this game should be free) it is still somewhat ok. Just make it like 5 or 10 munitions. Still cheaper than the pak barrage that does exactly the same thing for 60(?) munitions and still very spammable. Dont see the problem with it and SU need a munition sink anyway, at least when theyre not spamming guards and 10 fire barrages.

Biggest problem, however, is how similar the unit is to the SU85. The biggest 2 differences are health and armour. While health can be an issue if youre not careful and constantly babysit your su76, its not too much of an issue since the unit outranges pretty much anything its supposed to counter. So proper micro will keep the unit out of harms way, making health mostly meaningless, unless youre dealing with sneaky shreck blobs. And armour, well. Does it matter at this point? A panther will flat out 100% pen both an SU76 and SU85 and while the P4 doesnt get 100% on the frontal armour of an SU85, it still does the job reliably(besides, why engage a tank destroyer from the front when you got a turret yourself...).

So to me, as someone who rarely touches SU, it wouldnt make any sense to tech up and replace the 76 by the 85. 76 is cheaper and the only differences between the units are negligible when it comes down to it.

I will go in line with what most ppl have said, and vote for a decrease in pen, making it reliably pen a p4 and below and having issues with the frontal armour of heavies and panthers. 180 pen should be suffient. That way it can 100% pen a a p4 but will have a 60% chance or so for the panther, sort of forcing your hand to upgrade to the 85, unless you already got tons of zis supporting your 76 or you got the shit mined out of the map. Oh and Id also like to see the aforementioned price on the barrage ability. Doesnt have to be huge and 10 muni seems negligible compared to the 60 of the zis, when both abilities are essentially doing the same thing and the 76 can bail within seconds, unlike a zis.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★