Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/09/2015

PAGES (13)down
14 Sep 2015, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 06:01 AMRMMLz

As far as I remember, people reported this back in alpha... no fix yet.

it's actually been nerfed since alpha, quite a hefty one actually.

except it's was so powerful that the nerf amounts to taking a 1/4 off mount Everest.
14 Sep 2015, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 06:44 AMJohnnyB

Ok man, we all know you payed for the faction, we all appreciate that. But that doesn't give you the right to beat better skilled opponents just because you use an OP faction. Savy?
I don't get why 3 AT weapons should not push back - if not kill - a tank, heavy or not. They do the trick for allied. Why they shouldn't do for axis the same thing? I cannot go and scramble the whole frontline with my KT or Tiger like you do it with your churchill (crocodile or not). It might be a time (a long time ago) when I could do that, and because it wasn't ok, those heavy tanks were nerfed. Got the idea, or should I draw it to you?
I don't know who are these axis players you play against but never in the history of coh2 competent players didn't throw away they panthers like you described. I don't think that axis players are so agressive these days. Bofors, you know. At guns, and british OP tanks that are also cheap for their performance. All games, the same pattern. 2 bofors + hold the line with mg's infantry and AT's untill the ultimate tank arrive. The churchill, the best heavy from WW2. There was no other tank so powerfull as churchill. All brits did, was sending churchill against fritz lines and it stopped at Berlin, in one single push. It's not only unbalanced, it's also embarassing (if we think at history too).
And what is with these OP abominations:
1. Bren carrier with flame thrower. No chance to faust it, you get instafried while closing in. Every shreck shot misses it;
2. Centaur - the instawipe machine. Everything compared to this is a joke, you name it: Panzer 2, Ostwind, etc.
3. One firefly gunshot plus tulips are downing a Tiger to 20% life from front? 'Da fuq...?
4. Bofors? Please. You call that balanced? I can't even imagine what I would read on these forums if (OP) OKW T4 was half good than this doom machine.
5. Not even speaking about off maps and british artillery. From middle game, you will be permanently shelled.

To conclude, it's ok for a faction to have its strongpoints but the weaknesses should be as relevant, not safe to ignore.
In 1v1 it's more balanced but from 2v2 perspective, the brits are OP like fuq especially if they combo with another allied faction.
Balance is such a mess these days.

KT and Tiger Ace can actually walk into 3 USF Atguns and wipe them like little toys. And you know what? they are also really effective vs armor unlike the croc. Ostheer and OKW have counter in the name of Stug and Jpz4, if you only had pak + blob of shrecks you probably deserve to lose like USF without TDs.

1. I agree its need a range reduction
2. Centaur is a slower but more armored Ostwind. You have all the tools you need to deal with: Stug and Jpz4. Centaur is really effective today because random Axis players are so use to just spam blob shreck they don't even remember T3 armor exists.
3. Jagtiger says Hi when it almost OS all USF armor and Sov stock armor. It cost more in fuel/mp but you are a lot safer to use it and it doesn't sink you munition to get it.
4. Bofor deserve a nerf.
5. Comes back to Brit playstyle imposing its game meta.
14 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

get your numbers right m8, its 60mun

60/.8 = 75?

And Looney duel the 1919 Para's use isn't the same as the one Riflemen use dude.
14 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 07:02 AMAladdin

What late game OP units exactly they (Brits) have, that is not gonna be addressed next patch, and axis doesn't have the better version of that?

It's good that they are getting fixed in the next patch, but it's sad to see the game released like this and we have to wait until near future for them to get fixed. And it's not about AXIS VS ALLIES. Ostheer is fine to be honest (except only 2 units, Ostwind and Brumbar). OKW on the other hand, has it's own issues (MP float and blobbing and shit).

But let's wait and see what they will do in the next patch.
14 Sep 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 12:46 PMEsxile

KT and Tiger Ace can actually walk into 3 USF Atguns and wipe them like little toys. And you know what? they are also really effective vs armor unlike the croc.

Oh really? I dunno mate, but you can be not even half as cockie with Tiger/KT as you can do it with churchill, crocodile or not. Brainlessly walk trhough opponent's line and whipe everything because nothing can really touch it except PAK 43, wow, yeah, I have the counter, I should only play with that toy isn't it?
While british player can move around the map unpunnished his churchill due to the Huuuuge health quantity I have to constantly shit my pants with my Tiger and never let him without some pak 40 bodyguards or I will lose it in no time.

Ostheer and OKW have counter in the name of Stug and Jpz4, if you only had pak + blob of shrecks you probably deserve to lose like USF without TDs.

Tell that to people who don't use stugs. I adapted and use them but they are far from enough. One stug plus 2 pak40s cannot hold against one single churchill. What are we talking about?

2. Centaur is a slower but more armored Ostwind. You have all the tools you need to deal with: Stug and Jpz4. Centaur is really effective today because random Axis players are so use to just spam blob shreck they don't even remember T3 armor exists.

Not saying it's not counterable. Everything is. What it does it's OP.

3. Jagtiger says Hi when it almost OS all USF armor and Sov stock armor. It cost more in fuel/mp but you are a lot safer to use it and it doesn't sink you munition to get it.

I wish you good luck in reaching Jagdiger and winning with. Pro tip: if you wanna cost effectiveness and efficiency with OKW against heavy armor, there is but one solution: PAK 43. And thanks for condemning me to play with just one doctrine, when the actual british meta in multiplayer is like: bofors+bofors+churchill+ (maybe) another churchill = easy victory.

4. Bofor deserve a nerf.

Give it even bigger range, supression, I couldn't care less but make it more fragile and not instawiping infantry ffs.
14 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

60/.8 = 75?

And Looney duel the 1919 Para's use isn't the same as the one Riflemen use dude.

its 60 and you can speed up the process if you ignore fuel
14 Sep 2015, 13:15 PM

its 60 and you can speed up the process if you ignore fuel

I don't think any OKW player cares to ignore fuel, conversion is almost never worth it. I wouldn't really care if they remove it and just allowed OKW to make caches (they get reduced income from them anyway).
14 Sep 2015, 13:20 PM

I have to agree with alex, just don't convert it costs you too much
14 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM

I don't think any OKW player cares to ignore fuel, conversion is almost never worth it. I wouldn't really care if they remove it and just allowed OKW to make caches (they get reduced income from them anyway).

this is what choice is about

pros and cons

what you just said is that you value quick supirior tanks then munitions for your army and thats FINE,use it when you have to THATS FINE thats CHOICE

14 Sep 2015, 14:21 PM

Actually I value neither more than the other, which is why I don't convert. Regardless the fuel penalty and munitions penalty exist and you can't ignore them. The only reason people do is because they are trying to misframe an argument.
14 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 13:10 PMJohnnyB

Oh really? I dunno mate, but you can be not even half as cockie with Tiger/KT as you can do it with churchill, crocodile or not. Brainlessly walk trhough opponent's line and whipe everything because nothing can really touch it except PAK 43, wow, yeah, I have the counter, I should only play with that toy isn't it?
While british player can move around the map unpunnished his churchill due to the Huuuuge health quantity I have to constantly shit my pants with my Tiger and never let him without some pak 40 bodyguards or I will lose it in no time.

Tell that to people who don't use stugs. I adapted and use them but they are far from enough. One stug plus 2 pak40s cannot hold against one single churchill. What are we talking about?

Not saying it's not counterable. Everything is. What it does it's OP.

I wish you good luck in reaching Jagdiger and winning with. Pro tip: if you wanna cost effectiveness and efficiency with OKW against heavy armor, there is but one solution: PAK 43. And thanks for condemning me to play with just one doctrine, when the actual british meta in multiplayer is like: bofors+bofors+churchill+ (maybe) another churchill = easy victory.

Give it even bigger range, supression, I couldn't care less but make it more fragile and not instawiping infantry ffs.

I have stop many Churchill with 2 stugs + Pak in support, TWP is appreciable in the operation so you must vet them fast. Now killing a Churchill is another matter, but it is exactly the same principle than with KT/TA, you keep them heavily damaged far from the front line until you get the opportunity to kill them.
And a Churchill that move freely on the map is a churchill that didn't encounter a mine and I want to see your replay 2 stugs + 2 Paks not holding a single Churchill.

Before Brit, Axis had the best overall heavy tanks and I didn't remember people crying so loudly because of this balance design . Sov have their IS2 and USF only complain was to at least have one equivalent to the Tiger.
Now the balance design is switch and Allied have access to better heavy armor with Brit, while Axis have better early and mid options. So far, the only faction left behind is USF which still have no late game units, and lost almost all its early advantage.

Now Playing vs or with brit is boring actually because of the spam emplacement meta. Brit is what made me stop playing vcoh in 2vs2 or above. It will probably be the same for coh2.
14 Sep 2015, 16:24 PM

Jason is anything being done about Air Supremacy? For 325 it nukes a large portion killing everything in it. I mean.. how did that make it through testing? 325? Id pay over 400 munitions for that ability as axis. In addition stukka, 50kg bomb, don't do anything to British emplacements.
14 Sep 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 16:24 PMRogers
Jason is anything being done about Air Supremacy? For 325 it nukes a large portion killing everything in it. I mean.. how did that make it through testing? 325? Id pay over 400 munitions for that ability as axis. In addition stukka, 50kg bomb, don't do anything to British emplacements.

I agree, this is worth like 750 ammo for what is does :foreveralone:
14 Sep 2015, 16:48 PM

I agree, this is worth like 750 ammo for what is does :foreveralone:

40 seconds from flare to first bomb not enough? Destroyed engine elephant would crawl away from range in that time.
14 Sep 2015, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 16:48 PMKatitof

40 seconds from flare to first bomb not enough? Destroyed engine elephant would crawl away from range in that time.

The point is it locks down a large part of the map and can blow up every single OKW truck ever if you put it in your base or spread them out.
14 Sep 2015, 17:11 PM

Jason is anything being done about Air Supremacy? For 325 it nukes a large portion killing everything in it. I mean.. how did that make it through testing? 325? Id pay over 400 munitions for that ability as axis.

This. I had it nuke my OKW HQ on more than one occasion. :facepalm:
Abilities like this shouldn't be in the game.

In addition stukka, 50kg bomb, don't do anything to British emplacements.

They were probably braced.
14 Sep 2015, 17:18 PM

The point is it locks down a large part of the map and can blow up every single OKW truck ever if you put it in your base or spread them out.

Off map ability denying territory?

This is new one and never happened in coh history, ever.

Have you ever heard of sector arty? Encirclement one? OKW scavange one?

And god forbid that one of the most expensive off maps in game will kill your 200mp 40 fuel truck! Maybe plan in advance next time, because you don't need to mimic USF base on forward territories with trucks and there is no drawback of putting them in base, regardless of the amount of excuses you come up to prove otherwise.
14 Sep 2015, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 14:41 PMEsxile

I have stop many Churchill with 2 stugs + Pak in support, TWP is appreciable in the operation so you must vet them fast. Now killing a Churchill is another matter, but it is exactly the same principle than with KT/TA, you keep them heavily damaged far from the front line until you get the opportunity to kill them.
And a Churchill that move freely on the map is a churchill that didn't encounter a mine and I want to see your replay 2 stugs + 2 Paks not holding a single Churchill.

Before Brit, Axis had the best overall heavy tanks and I didn't remember people crying so loudly because of this balance design . Sov have their IS2 and USF only complain was to at least have one equivalent to the Tiger.
Now the balance design is switch and Allied have access to better heavy armor with Brit, while Axis have better early and mid options. So far, the only faction left behind is USF which still have no late game units, and lost almost all its early advantage.

Now Playing vs or with brit is boring actually because of the spam emplacement meta. Brit is what made me stop playing vcoh in 2vs2 or above. It will probably be the same for coh2.

You are wrong, because nothing changed for Axis, but only for Allied, and for the best. Until now, both axis factions were conceived to be stronger in lategame - overall. If they held ground early game, slowly in lategame the balance would turn on their side. Now, what do we have? In multiplayer, a combo of 2 factions, one (USF or soviets) verry agresive in the startgame, pinning axis factions (the other team) with the help of british faction which consolidates behind using emplacements. Then, the lategame belongs to allied too, through heavy armor and off maps brought by british. So where will axis factions have the advantage nowadays? All the advantages are in allied's favor and only a hardcore fanboy cannot see such an obvious thing.
Also, the majority of playerbase can agree that until british faction launch, the game was in its best state of balance until now, while at the moment, the balance is badly screwed due to reasons stated above.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS