Intell Bulletins needs to change

What do you guys think?
Option Distribution Votes
77%
23%
Total votes: 35
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

Out of all the things in the game, I think these are some of the most useless things imaginable. I don't see why relic chose to implement these into the game when they do absolute jack shit.

Personally, I want a redesign of the way Intell Bulletins work.

Throw passives into the intell bulletins, make them able to customize your army. ZIs can go here. Ambush Camo... Stun grenades. SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

The current system is absolutely stupid. 3% reload on my fucking conscripts? Are you kidding me? Let me be able to have my engineers camo in cover for fucks sake. It shouldn't take a COMMANDER to tell you how to camo, you could do that anywhere if you've read the manual.

Now I know the argument against this would be balance.

First of all, these things are fucking meaningless. If they don't mean anything in the first place, then there is absolutely no harm experimenting and dicking around with them.

Second, anything would need balancing, these would just be a secondary asset to the main commander abilities. If we don't try anything new, then perfection would already have been achieved and relic could've just left the game in the balanced state before WFA without adding new content.

What do you guys think?
Personally I want this useless feature to change, but I know relic would take a metric fuck ton of time to redesign something that was here since the base game.

tldr;
Bulletins should not involve stats, but instead provide utility so they can't be stacked. Thereby giving useful abilities, passives, or equipment instead of STAT BOOSTS (Big or small).
10 Sep 2015, 14:55 PM

I do think this is a good idea, but it relies on warspoils not being a terrible system.

Imagine seeing a really cool bulletin but there was no way at all for you to get it except to play the lottery and grind all day waiting for it to drop.
10 Sep 2015, 15:14 PM

On one hand, it's more like coho.

On the other hand, it's more like coho.

Yeah, Intel bulletins kinda suck right now. Make them too strong and suddenly we experience coho levels of bullshit where units roles change entirely and become unbalanced.

Memories of blue stacked army items buffing m10s and Shermans with 25 percent health and speed and whatnot in conjunction with God mode field repairs.

Zis camo being an Intel bulletin is a coop idea though.
10 Sep 2015, 18:11 PM

On one hand, it's more like coho.

On the other hand, it's more like coho.

Yeah, Intel bulletins kinda suck right now. Make them too strong and suddenly we experience coho levels of bullshit where units roles change entirely and become unbalanced.

Memories of blue stacked army items buffing m10s and Shermans with 25 percent health and speed and whatnot in conjunction with God mode field repairs.

Zis camo being an Intel bulletin is a coop idea though.

The thing about COHO was that it was completely unsupported. In addition, the blue stacked items were almost all stat based... IMO that was where they went completely wrong. A purple item that would increase volks HP by 24% holy shit.

Instead of stat buffing bulletins and the completely retarded system in COHO, just imagine that passive and ability based things were moved to bulletins. Then not only would you be able to customize your army, you would also be able to play the faction in different ways.

But right now, we have stuff like 10% faster deployment time on jaghad tiger, like wtf.
10 Sep 2015, 19:33 PM

Oh god no! Bulletins weren't always like this son. They had more drastic effects. Like +10% range on su85. Imagine a stack of three of those. Unit roles could/did change and there was loads of bullshit going on.

Its better this way, trust me
10 Sep 2015, 20:48 PM

Bulletins are fine, they are not meaningless, not sure why you think increasing your cons (or any base infantry) dps by around 9% (if you have 3 good bulletins) is meaningless.
I pay 41 munitions for teller mines and 49 muni for s minefields, which is pretty nice compared to the normal 50/60 muni.
10 Sep 2015, 21:28 PM

Well, some rather more useful intel bulletins are the ammunition bulletins for the British Mortar Emplacement. There's one for light and heavy bombs, and one for WP + smoke.

Does that make those bulletins somewhat less meaningless?
10 Sep 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 14:41 PMJ1N6666

Personally, I want a redesign of the way Intell Bulletins work.

Throw passives into the intell bulletins, make them able to customize your army. ZIs can go here. Ambush Camo... Stun grenades. SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

The current system is absolutely stupid. 3% reload on my fucking conscripts? Are you kidding me? Let me be able to have my engineers camo in cover for fucks sake. It shouldn't take a COMMANDER to tell you how to camo, you could do that anywhere if you've read the manual.

Something like that exists in game files but this is in "Custom commanders" folder.

10 Sep 2015, 21:50 PM
Donator 11

If you think that bulletins are meaningless you never tried to stack them or even buff one unit with 3 different ones. Trust me, it can really do a lot. Things that come to my mind first are cheaper pzshrecks for volks, sight range for soviet snipers, reload for jacksons or p4s and armour for panthers and okw p4s. If you stack these you get a whole new type of unit. Also some of the bulletins work in the way described by OP like ostwind suppress on frontal MG bulletin. The main rule is: stack same bulletin as many times as possible if the change sounds cool or, if you dont have double/triple of usefull bulletins just use different ones that buff same unit. That makes them noticable and usefull.
10 Sep 2015, 22:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Has anyone got or seen the new mortar bulletins in the game?
11 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 21:40 PMNebaka

Something like that exists in game files but this is in "Custom commanders" folder.

If so, once this comes out then it will be dope as fuck. But are custom commanders confirmed yet? Like have they continuously added code for it? Or was it just some code that they were testing some time before?

If you think that bulletins are meaningless you never tried to stack them or even buff one unit with 3 different ones. Trust me, it can really do a lot. Things that come to my mind first are cheaper pzshrecks for volks, sight range for soviet snipers, reload for jacksons or p4s and armour for panthers and okw p4s. If you stack these you get a whole new type of unit. Also some of the bulletins work in the way described by OP like ostwind suppress on frontal MG bulletin. The main rule is: stack same bulletin as many times as possible if the change sounds cool or, if you dont have double/triple of usefull bulletins just use different ones that buff same unit. That makes them noticable and usefull.

That's exactly why I want them to be changed. Having items that stat boost in addition to stacking them up is a horrible design feature. Do you remember in COHO where you could throw all the item upgrades onto one unit and it would be insanly godlike?

It doesn't make the unit play any differently and also it just makes it 'better' without introducing any new options for the unit to take on extra roles. I'd much rather have bulletins improve utility rather than having my SU-85 straight up having 80 range due to 3 bulletin stacks.
11 Sep 2015, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Code for the British was in the game for like a year or so, calliope and pershing as well. Even though it is in the code, doesn't mean it will come any time soon, let alone ever come.
11 Sep 2015, 16:16 PM

Thing is, the whole bulletin system is not very well thought out. There are so many useless bulletins just for the sake of having more of them. Jagdtiger dispatch time reduction is the best example. Then again, even the "better" ones are quite meh. +3% accuracy for conscripts means that for every 100 conscripts you have, you get dps of 103 conscripts. Sure you can stack them and all that but what really is the point of the bulletins if you are only using the same few.
11 Sep 2015, 16:31 PM

Bulletins are fine, they are not meaningless, not sure why you think increasing your cons (or any base infantry) dps by around 9% (if you have 3 good bulletins) is meaningless.
I pay 41 munitions for teller mines and 49 muni for s minefields, which is pretty nice compared to the normal 50/60 muni.

If it was done in a creative and careful way, this could be really good. Would surely provide more 'connection' to your slightly personalized army.

While it might be dangerous balance-wise, I could also image such a bulletin that gives conscripts a normal grenade; or the incendiary of Volks from the patch preview could be tied to such a bulletin, replacing the normal grenade. Then people would have a choice, at least.
11 Sep 2015, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 19:33 PMJunaid
Oh god no! Bulletins weren't always like this son. They had more drastic effects. Like +10% range on su85. Imagine a stack of three of those. Unit roles could/did change and there was loads of bullshit going on.

Its better this way, trust me

Sorry, could you um, you know, read the opening post before posting about something I've covered? I'm proposing that bulletins move away from stat boosts, and instead offer special abilities and specialized equipment and stuff so we can customize. That way none of them would be able to be stacked, and there would be more variety among playstyles who choose per say to add "stun grenades" to normal infantry.

Which is why stat stacking bulletins are utterly stupid. It would not only complicate balance, it also doesn't bring anything new to the table. Bulletins would just be outright better if they didnt involve stats at all.
11 Sep 2015, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 17:52 PMJ1N6666

Sorry, could you um, you know, read the opening post before posting about something I've covered? I'm proposing that bulletins move away from stat boosts, and instead offer special abilities and specialized equipment and stuff so we can customize. That way none of them would be able to be stacked, and there would be more variety among playstyles who choose per say to add "stun grenades" to normal infantry.

Apologies. I shall now go dunk myself in water and recite 'l2read' 100 times :blush:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★