Login

russian armor

okw off-maps

10 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM

Imo they are really bad, for a resource starved army you would expect to get a little more for your money but you simply don't.

1) The zeroing arty from the fortification doctrine: costs 300 munis, first you have to wait for like 10-15 sec for the first shell to fall, then you have to wait to shells drop to ramp up to max witch will take e another 20 sec so the full effect of the arty will last for 10 sec. And of course you have to have constant los of the targets in the small drop radius for the shells to drop. All in all, very expensive, easy to avoid, small radius,

2) coordinated barrage from the elite doc: cost 120 muni it will drop 4-5 shells after 15 sec!! so the target has all the time to move out of the spot since the shell will fall all in the same spot, the arty can only be dropped in the los of your tank with the upgrade (witch increases your los by what? 2?)

3) 105 arty from the scavenge doc : 180 muni and the shell dropped depend on your muni float, if you throw it with 180 muni in the bank it scatters the couple of shells around with out doing any real damage, then you have no idea when will it reach full potential with max shells dropped but i think its around 600-700 muni in the bank witch can only happen in very long 4v4s, when you drop it then its a proper beast of an arty

4) Airborne assault- 250 munis for 3 strafes the will only target the caping circle and not the units around it, then it will drop in some falls.
its nice to use munis to get a fall squad but the strafes are useless

5) assalut arty: 200 munis to destroy a fuel cashe, it scatters a lot and won't do much even on direct hits, good for forcing enemies away form the small drop area but thats it

My idea to make them better:

1) make it cheaper (200) for what it does and make the shells ramp up faster

2) the changes should be reverted since it can no longer be used in hq territory witch was the the reason its was double nerfed (add a tool tip when it will reach max shells dropped (lets say around 400)

3) make it drop faster with a shell or two more and increase the los buff of the panzer commander

4) let there be a loiter plane (same as the one from the assault doc from ostherr) that will target inf in the bigger radius around the caping point

5)hard to tell how to buff this one, may be more shell dropped or a big cost decrease
10 Sep 2015, 12:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Compared to the Brit and USF RNG bombs, it is a total joke. I don't how to tweak it though, I don't want something like the Brits abilities on the OKW to be honest, brits is enough :foreveralone:
10 Sep 2015, 13:05 PM

A lot of them are buggy, for instance the Airborne Assault SHOULD have an AT strafe but it doesn't. Scavenge Artillery doesn't actually scale with munitions barely at all anymore either. Honestly Relic should rework all off maps to be like the British ones.
10 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

Most off-maps are RNG BS and you can't rely on them. The only one I like is the Soviet and Luftwaffe Incendiary.
10 Sep 2015, 16:50 PM

The OKW tank commander arillary is a joke, anything and everything that isn't an emplacement has all the time to react and move. Even if the player isn't paying attention, he will still eventually catch on before the first she'll drops. Nice waste of muni in a munition heavy doctrine with a resource starved faction.
10 Sep 2015, 18:38 PM

The OKW tank commander arillary is a joke, anything and everything that isn't an emplacement has all the time to react and move. Even if the player isn't paying attention, he will still eventually catch on before the first she'll drops. Nice waste of muni in a munition heavy doctrine with a resource starved faction.

+ It has smaller max range than Sturmtiger shot :foreveralone:

OKW Off-Maps needs to be shitty u know because wehrmacht CAS OP :guyokay:
10 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM

A lot of them are buggy, for instance the Airborne Assault SHOULD have an AT strafe but it doesn't. Scavenge Artillery doesn't actually scale with munitions barely at all anymore either. Honestly Relic should rework all off maps to be like the British ones.

I don't understand this. Are you saying in the files it says there should be an AT strafe? Because otherwise I completely disagree. Why should you for 200 munitions, and get a 90 munition strafe, 2 60 munition pins (assuming CAS values and 3 planes) and 1 Falls squad? Let's do your 0.66 modifier so 300 munitions so 300-90-(60*2) = 90 munitions for Falls. Or as it currently operates, 120 munitions for Falls. And assuming a long game where you have one or two heavy tanks you are free to convert everything to munitions and call this down whenever. Also feel free to let the falls die (you did not spend a single MP on them) and keep your pop cap open, or retreat them when they need to run and store up some vet. Don't forget the free LoS that the planes give you, and the ability to call it into the FoW.

Converting munitions to MP is unheard of for any other faction or doctrine so this ability has an interesting place.

The other OKW abilities are questionable. They have limited uses, but probably deserve to be looked at in some fashion. They could easily become OP so balance is a little tricky here.
10 Sep 2015, 19:02 PM

I will be honest. The real arty/strafe ability I missed is the 3x stuka dive bombing just like was showed in okw trailer. Would be epic to see shit tons of 37 mm fire and some bomb drops. Basically 2x stukas fire their 37mm cannons and third one drops a few bombs on target.
10 Sep 2015, 19:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll say all offmaps should be as good as Brits, or all brits should be as good as other offmaps :P
11 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM
Donator 11

I don't understand this. Are you saying in the files it says there should be an AT strafe? Because otherwise I completely disagree. Why should you for 200 munitions, and get a 90 munition strafe, 2 60 munition pins (assuming CAS values and 3 planes) and 1 Falls squad? Let's do your 0.66 modifier so 300 munitions so 300-90-(60*2) = 90 munitions for Falls. Or as it currently operates, 120 munitions for Falls. And assuming a long game where you have one or two heavy tanks you are free to convert everything to munitions and call this down whenever. Also feel free to let the falls die (you did not spend a single MP on them) and keep your pop cap open, or retreat them when they need to run and store up some vet. Don't forget the free LoS that the planes give you, and the ability to call it into the FoW.

Converting munitions to MP is unheard of for any other faction or doctrine so this ability has an interesting place.

The other OKW abilities are questionable. They have limited uses, but probably deserve to be looked at in some fashion. They could easily become OP so balance is a little tricky here.

I'm pretty sure the strafes are more powerful than CAS because they actually do damage. I have seen them wipe squads before, and I am certain that one time one of the planes killed one of my jacksons (it had almost not health).
11 Sep 2015, 03:09 AM

Because Relic is Relic they made the AI strafes have 100 pen because they didn't get the AT strafe to work. But the planes targeting is all messed up so often times the planes will just shoot at nothing at all.

With Fallsch being as aggressively mediocre as they are now I would say that reworking the ability into some sort of bombing strike would be better, would give OKW a good howi counter/similar thing to IL-2 bombing run.

Oh and BTW OKW get's 80% munitions income, also lol at the suggestion you just got heavy tanks from somewhere.
11 Sep 2015, 07:02 AM

Oh and BTW OKW get's 80% munitions income, also lol at the suggestion you just got heavy tanks from somewhere.

OKW gets 100% muni income, they reverted that ages ago.
11 Sep 2015, 07:12 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 07:02 AMslother

OKW gets 100% muni income, they reverted that ages ago.

they switched the 100% back to 80% income because of schreck spam etc. (Is it really 80%?) ;)

for the off map: I expect a little bit more, from some okw-offmaps. Relic overnerfed some of them patches ago
11 Sep 2015, 07:46 AM

they switched the 100% back to 80% income because of schreck spam etc. (Is it really 80%?) ;)

for the off map: I expect a little bit more, from some okw-offmaps. Relic overnerfed some of them patches ago

Ohh, I missed that part then, well bummer this makes OKW off-maps even worst in my eyes. They definitly need a buff or revoke...
11 Sep 2015, 09:06 AM

seeing how awesome and cheap brit abilites are even compared to theri allies counterparts not tell the free freebies they get like smoke and flares...free recon etc.....the other 3 factions need their abilities and offmap overhaul or make brit offmap nerfed which i dont want...i want commander abilities to be deadly and quick like coh1 which u save up for a well placed devastating effect and most of the abilities and off map are meh in coh2
11 Sep 2015, 11:06 AM

seeing how awesome and cheap brit abilites are even compared to theri allies counterparts not tell the free freebies they get like smoke and flares...free recon etc.....the other 3 factions need their abilities and offmap overhaul or make brit offmap nerfed which i dont want...i want commander abilities to be deadly and quick like coh1 which u save up for a well placed devastating effect and most of the abilities and off map are meh in coh2

Brits this, Brits that, Brits everwhere.

Brits have just been released and are already being balanced out. We are all playing the beta version of the Brits right now, stop comparing everything to them, jeez. Aside from that, Brits need good Commander Abilities to make up for certains lacks in their core tech that can't be fixed with a balance patch, which OKW definitely doesn't suffer from at all.

More to come this evening when I have time to release my wall of text.
11 Sep 2015, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 11:06 AMQbix

Brits this, Brits that, Brits everwhere.

Brits have just been released and are already being balanced out. We are all playing the beta version of the Brits right now, stop comparing everything to them, jeez. Aside from that, Brits need good Commander Abilities to make up for certains lacks in their core tech, which OKW definitely doesn't suffer from at all.

More to come this evening when I have time to release my wall of text.

the problem with brits is manpower not munitions..??? they can have big and better off-map and abilites but they should cost accordingly....and brits is out now the sooner we balance the better
11 Sep 2015, 11:27 AM

What bothers me most is that all the other factions have multiple off map artillery strikes yet soviets only have the incendiary barrage. I would gladly trade zis barrage for even one conventional off map bombardment.
11 Sep 2015, 11:45 AM

So much this
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight