Login

russian armor

Flanking vs victory, strategic and resource points

Should victory, strategic and resource points provide vision?
Option Distribution Votes
42%
58%
Should there be an instant warning if points are getting decapped?
65%
35%
Is the size of VP's too big?
33%
67%
Total votes: 79
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

First of all sorry for creating another topic with a poll.

1) But it bothers me since the release of Coh2. Why do caputed points provide vision? On some maps they are placed in such spots that you have to get near them beacause of pathing or thier placement. So if you go for flank your opponent will see you coming.

2) Tho this is only a problem for vehicle inf he another problem the instant warning on the minimap if points get decaped this makes infantry sneak attacks deep into enemy territory nearly impossible, since your opponent gets the info if your inf sqauds are just passing the capture circle. The warning could come when the point is like 50% decapped but not instantly.

3) As for VP's, why is thier substructure so big? For an indestructible map object it has really large hitbox. Thier localization+size on some maps causes massive pathing issues.

Opinions?
10 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM
Patrion 28

haven't really thought about it but it is a fair question. i'm tempted to go with "no" on the vision part because the maps are bigger in coh2 then dow2 and scouting is less important.

as far as warnings go, i think only for major points to make cut offs a bit easier to take.

i'm not sure what you mean by the size though, are you referring to the circle (which i think is about right) or the point itself (which is i think is fine but causes some issues when place in really tight spots (like the top points of pocket)?
10 Sep 2015, 09:30 AM

i'm not sure what you mean by the size though, are you referring to the circle (which i think is about right) or the point itself (which is i think is fine but causes some issues when place in really tight spots (like the top points of pocket)?

The point itself, so the flag and the wooden substructure, maybe replace it with just a flag, it wouldn't take so much space.
10 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

The point itself, so the flag and the wooden substructure, maybe replace it with just a flag, it wouldn't take so much space.

+1 good suggestion. It does screw up with pathing, quite a lot
10 Sep 2015, 19:48 PM

It's a bit stupid when points provide vision.. Pretty dumb when your oponent just a move with mg and supress you without even letting you to know that he is coming for you squad.

About vp size I would I say I loved vcoh cap system. You had to actually secure territory to safely cap it. Now you just rush in and stand + there are some maps water you can cap point totaly hidden and waiting for an ambush.
11 Sep 2015, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 19:40 PMJunaid

+1 good suggestion. It does screw up with pathing, quite a lot

Thx

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 19:48 PMVIPUKS
It's a bit stupid when points provide vision.. Pretty dumb when your oponent just a move with mg and supress you without even letting you to know that he is coming for you squad.

Yeah, I mostly face the same problem thats why it should be removed imo.
11 Sep 2015, 16:23 PM

Thx

Yeah, I mostly face the same problem thats why it should be removed imo.

Not quite sure about this. The vision of strategic point allow defensive weapon like hmg and mortar to automatically fire when opponent try to capture it. HMG will take time to suppress, and mortar take time to arrive.

Defensive is also part of this game mechanic. The game is not a show about who can micro better, but it's battle where you can predict opponent movements or not.
11 Sep 2015, 16:25 PM

2) Tho this is only a problem for vehicle inf he another problem the instant warning on the minimap if points get decaped this makes infantry sneak attacks deep into enemy territory nearly impossible, since your opponent gets the info if your inf sqauds are just passing the capture circle. The warning could come when the point is like 50% decapped but not instantly.

If anything, the warning should only be absent when certain 'infiltration-like' units (like Partisans or Jaegers) capture a point. Removing it all together is, in my opinion, not a good idea, as it can cause player frustration to not receive feedback / vital information.
11 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

Not quite sure about this. The vision of strategic point allow defensive weapon like hmg and mortar to automatically fire when opponent try to capture it. HMG will take time to suppress, and mortar take time to arrive.

Defensive is also part of this game mechanic. The game is not a show about who can micro better, but it's battle where you can predict opponent movements or not.

But shouln't players use scouting units for this and not a flag + sandbags?

It would encourage combined arms play.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 16:25 PMFluffi

If anything, the warning should only be absent when certain 'infiltration-like' units (like Partisans or Jaegers) capture a point. Removing it all together is, in my opinion, not a good idea, as it can cause player frustration to not receive feedback / vital information.

Imo the visiual warning (on the minimap) should start when the point is decapped at 50%, the audio warning could come instantly.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Russian Federation 64
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak