Login

russian armor

25 pounder of the British army

8 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM

25 pounders / sextons are actually in a bad state, british arty is a way too weak.
Bad rof, bad aoe, steeling LeIG is much more interesting sadly.
8 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

I consider the arty to be more of an anti-garrison / anti-static ability, so in taht sense I'm not bothered by its utter worthlessness re: hitting infantry and squads. It's not a grenade, Tommies already get literal grenades and gammon bombs.

But even in this limited role, it's still pretty crap. It takes so long to fall and is inaccurate and weak. It has near zero impact on anything, which is horrid for an ability you need to sacrifice models to get close enough to use most of the time.

Make the 25 pounder barrage "accurate" or tightly grouped, so at least if the enemy doesn't evacuate an area you know it will do some real work on an enemy forward HQ or garrisoned MG.
9 Sep 2015, 01:07 AM

Put an MG in a church once, the Brit player flanked it and dropped a smoke flare next to the building.
I saw the red smoke rising, shrugged my shoulders and shifted my attention to a different sector.

Neither the MG nor the mortar next to the building lost a single man in the ensuing barrage.
9 Sep 2015, 23:49 PM

up
10 Sep 2015, 00:15 AM

I find that upgrading with anvil so you get air burst shells so its nice anti inf shots on okw T1 especially after they retreat a blob
20 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

Its really sad that still no fix for this is coming =(.
20 Sep 2015, 08:58 AM

All British arty is severely lacking. The Sexton is an absolute joke as well. The only thing that makes any Brit arty semi-viable is the airburst shells that come with Anvil. Without that they're absolute trash.
21 Sep 2015, 10:05 AM

damn selected the wrong answer in the poll by mistake. Any option to correct it?

In the first two weeks it was at least somewhat useful against axis players, who didn't buy brits, as an area denial tool, since they were too afraid of the explosions.
But now pretty much every axis player knows that those nifty animations are just nice effects and do not harm you at all, hence its not even useful at area denial anymore. Everyone now simply walks inside the smoke and completely ignores the shells. It is just a munitions sink, nothing else in its current form.
21 Sep 2015, 13:00 PM

How about making 25 pounders avaible to build by RE when tier is unlocked (max 2) for 300MP. As for damage of such arty, cut half of LeFH.

No more ammo to use, no more sight needed. Just normal, non-doc, medicore arty.
21 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

How about making 25 pounders avaible to build by RE when tier is unlocked (max 2) for 300MP. As for damage of such arty, cut half of LeFH.

No more ammo to use, no more sight needed. Just normal, non-doc, medicore arty.

That would literally make it long range mortar, a terribly bad one.
And even more limited in use, because brits do not really swim in free mp.
21 Sep 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 13:03 PMKatitof

That would literally make it long range mortar, a terribly bad one.
And even more limited in use, because brits do not really swim in free mp.

Heavy mortar with long, long range - not that bad.

Still would be better than current, totally useless state :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS