Login

russian armor

USF so worthless

7 Sep 2015, 13:16 PM

I hope you are kidding.
Raketen is truly amazing because it can be used offensive.
Get 2 of them, go deep behind lines, snipe Priest / Scott / T70 / Quad / anything with 320hp and insta retreat with maybe 1-2 models down.

I hope you're kidding really...I mean against what calibre of player do you think that sort of approach is gonna work?
7 Sep 2015, 13:17 PM

Panther, Tiger, P4 < Jackson. Jackson out distances them all. If micro'd correctly you have the advantage. If they try to rush your Jackson have At to use Jackson as bait. Boom gg Axis. Rifleman outscale, have nades, smoke, scott wipes just about any infantry from a distance. Only thing that the Usf doesn't have is something to counter Elephant and Yag. By late late game, it's over for USF in those terms.

And then comes the LMG gren blob, owns all your infantry, followed up by pak-40s, forcing your jacksons to retreat, and then RIP USF :snfPeter:
7 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM

I think one of the biggest issues is the lack of a mortar, there should be a mortar and it should be unlocked with the LT and the hmg should be unlocked at the start just like the mg 42...thats balance....

then the tanks should be cheaper in both cost and popcap but still lame this would reflect the real world situation of the US forces at the time...they had bad tanks but they had alot of them!

with these simple changes you could bring about balance without nerfing anything.
7 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM

I hope you're kidding really...I mean against what calibre of player do you think that sort of approach is gonna work?

Against every kind.
No matter how good you are, if you must control for example 4 rifles, 1 Scott, 1 sherman, at gub, captain and something else during frontline battle, Scott behind lines will be at the end of your order list.

Nuf to said I was able to get with raketens so many kills that pak40 would look really shy.

But you havent used it in that way, so you cannot say anything about its potential to use with retreat.
7 Sep 2015, 13:22 PM

What are you talking about man, no offence? Are you sure you actually read my post? Especially the part where I referenced Armour doctrine? :)

Also, you are free to consult my playercard, I have quite few US games logged, probably alot more than you...
US At guns are the worst in the game? Jesus dude. Ever tried a Raketen, Soviet 45 mil? Take aim is the best AT gun vet ability in the game after TWP, and the only real drawback of US at guns is that their crews can be lasered down quickly by LMG grens. If you are facing a heavy tank and are having trouble penetrating it, there is always HVAP....

If they are using heavy tank, your atgun will be depop in no-time. Axis heavy tanks have been always really good vs infantry stuff. USF ATguns are only useful vs dedicated Axis TDs (stugs, jpz4, jagtiger and elephant). This and not being able to pen reliably make them worst ATgun ingame. Raken can camo, being in range to shot 2 or 3 times and retreat before getting wiped out.

7 Sep 2015, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 13:17 PMBurts

And then comes the LMG gren blob, owns all your infantry, followed up by pak-40s, forcing your jacksons to retreat, and then RIP USF :snfPeter:

Dude, I suck major donkey balls, and that does not happen to me. You're doing something wrong.
A well microed sniper is a legitimate balance issue, Paks and LMG grens really aren't.
7 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

USF is horrible. Its possible but challenging to win with them against OKW, but vs the Ostheer...it's bad.
7 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

Dude, I suck major donkey balls, and that does not happen to me. You're doing something wrong.
A well microed sniper is a legitimate balance issue, Paks and LMG grens really aren't.

How are they not an issue in the lategame vs USF? They bleed rifles hard late game and completely neuter USF lategame infantry.

I mean relic has already aknowledged this by giving relic a massive vet 3 survivability buff for rifles at vet 3.

7 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM

USF is horrible. Its possible but challenging to win with them against OKW, but vs the Ostheer...it's bad.

adapt
7 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM

Watch some old replay of Cruzz and Fahu.
Cruzz completely shuted down Fahu, pure domination and when game reached late game, Fahu (OKW) pushed him back and won.

As for Usf.
Non doc mortar, better scaling (coming), artillery (calliope) and generalist, not paper tank (Pershing).
Plus there need to be done something about hmg and at gun. There should be in hq and unlock with any tier, or something like that.

one single game proves nothing

as for okw then.

100% resources income

deal?
7 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 13:25 PMBurts

How are they not an issue in the lategame vs USF? They bleed rifles hard late game and completely neuter USF lategame infantry.

I mean relic has already aknowledged this by giving relic a massive vet 3 survivability buff for rifles at vet 3.

As for Relic, do you really think their acknowledgement of just about anything counts for something? This is from the same balance department that gave us, wait for it, the old Tiger Ace, the ISU, the clowncar or now the Quad, sapienti sat.

LMG Grens vs double BAR inf comes down to engagement range, positioning and RNG. LMG Grens vs 1919 rifles, no contest unless OH manages to land a rifle nade. That being said, youre right insofar as in the generic lategame a move vs a move engagement on open maps, US will get bled out of proportion unless you have the 1919s. Of course, this is meant to compensate for the fact that US armour will bled OH inf much more than vice versa. But whatever, I am off.

7 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM

Wat?
First off, the US vs both OH/OKW matchup is designed in such a way that US will hold an early to midgame advantage, as US has better line infantry and access to early impact units. That being said, why would you be "done" come lategame? If a PIV specifically presents an issue to you, try going for an Armour company LT/Cpt build, which offers access to both AT guns and the M10, which for all practical purposes almost hardcounters the PIV and is much more cost-efficient. If you are having trouble dislodging Pakwalls in the lategame, the Pak-Howie plus Bulldozer plus RNG bombs will go a long way.
Personally, on all but arguably two maps (Langres/Crossing), I'd take US over either of the Axis faction any day.

USF have no early game nor mid game advantage,their late game doesnt even exist,worst faction ever created.

"but 1vs1 they are good"
thats was before the mg-42 buff

they only way to win as USF is to take 70% of the map and rush a sherman and try to keep those 3-4 riflemen alive and then upgrade them with bars and should his rush early vehicles you bring the At gun to counter them
not very fun at all

in 2vs2 and up they are the worst faction ever made,EVERY unit they build has a death timer and when that death timer expires the unit is useless(.50cal,57mm ATgun,Bazookas,sturt,m20,AAHT,riflemen,RE,sherman,m10,sherman bulldozer)

there are also units that are broken(Pack Howtzer,bulldozer sherman,mortar halftruck)

and the only units that are "considered" late game ones are also badly desinged

M36 Tank Destroyer
this was supposed to be a tank destroyer that doesnt have armor to survive but mobility YET a medium tank (panther)has armor AND better speed then the jackson and guess what happens when panthers arrive on the field ........
the jackson then needs a meat sheild at that point which the faction doesnt have "FOR FLAVOR" and "UNIQUENESS"

This faction cant on a 50-50 match win at all,not only that they are also the most boring faction to play,you see they are so "unique"that their starting build is riflemen spam.
"BUT you can use RE troops with bars with vet they become riflemen"
GUESS WHAT happens when those RE troops get wiped ...... you lose 120munitions and you lose a vetted squad GREAT,want to know something awesome??? THEY ALSO HAVE A DEATHTIMER(vet riflemen>vet RE)so if you use the RE you are targeting to finish the game before the enemy fields medium armor or else .....

i can go on on how stupid this faction has become but i thing you get the idea

this faction needs to be reworked
7 Sep 2015, 13:43 PM

one single game proves nothing

as for okw then.

100% resources income

deal?

One game? :lol:

100% income? Sure, along with
Tech to 60-60-120
Lmg 34 - 120
Infiltration nades - 40
Etc
Etc.
Etc...
7 Sep 2015, 14:04 PM

lmg 34 120 muni

and this guy is strategist

this game will never be balanced
7 Sep 2015, 14:07 PM

I've been winning games just fine. If you want a worthless 1vs1 faction look at brits.
7 Sep 2015, 14:08 PM

It might prve true that USF are powerful in the right hands. And perhaps even in greater than 1v1 (though that is doubtful based on the #'s of even the best players).

All of that might be "OK" except it was sold to "regular" players as a balanced faction that was more powerful early game.

Of course if you win too many early games then Axis tears flow (heck, with UKF we see they flow even when they win early games) and the early game gets nerfed. Which is why asymmetrical balance is just stupid.

As a "special flower" of a faction it should have been a free war drop for those to use who wanted to. Relic hurts their reputation by designing something that is only good in the hands of really good players and then charging people $13 for it. Powerful abilities that come a the cost of micro should not come stacked on top of each other. Your "free" officers shouldn't cause to to lose the pop you need in order to build the units they made possible.

7 Sep 2015, 14:11 PM

lmg 34 120 muni

and this guy is strategist

this game will never be balanced

That was not what he said. He was talking of RE's and that to make them late game effective (they are the "replacement" for costly late-game rifles) they need two BARs, so losing them costs you 120 munis.

So yeah, what he said was correct. Your inference was not, and hence your commentary was off target.
7 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 14:08 PMAvNY
It might prve true that USF are powerful in the right hands. And perhaps even in greater than 1v1 (though that is doubtful based on the #'s of even the best players).

All of that might be "OK" except it was sold to "regular" players as a balanced faction that was more powerful early game.

Of course if you win too many early games then Axis tears flow (heck, with UKF we see they flow even when they win early games) and the early game gets nerfed. Which is why asymmetrical balance is just stupid.

As a "special flower" of a faction it should have been a free war drop for those to use who wanted to. Relic hurts their reputation by designing something that is only good in the hands of really good players and then charging people $13 for it. Powerful abilities that come a the cost of micro should not come stacked on top of each other. Your "free" officers shouldn't cause to to lose the pop you need in order to build the units they made possible.

this faction is overall BAD being skilled or not doesnt justify anything
7 Sep 2015, 14:33 PM

this faction is overall BAD being skilled or not doesnt justify anything

I won't argue with you. I spent $13 on it and currently have no desire to play it. I won't buy Brits until I know where the faction ends up.
\
I was just countering the usual defenses made for the USF as they are and were.

US has fewer units to choose from and fewer of those are useful. The latest changes have been an improvement. Now the Suart is more useful as is the 50 cal. The Howitzer is not good but it is less of a bad choice than it used to be.

The officers are units, and while "free" they are expensive to reinforce and take up pop. The Lt is a rifle with one BAR, the Capt more utility with the Thompson and bazooka but the old T2 was never picked. The Major? The first two are really just expensive-to-reinforce Rifles and the last an ability, not new units.

7 Sep 2015, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 13:17 PMBurts

50 cal, stolen mg42? Those should supress just fine... Not to mention scott in the background would clean house pretttty easy. You tell me a Ostheer unit that has the ability to one shot squads at a distance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★