Login

russian armor

North Africa

11 Sep 2015, 13:12 PM

They were, also Tigers were. Just google for the pictures.

How about you will back your claim that tank that was introduced to service on EASTERN FRONT just before African theater was concluded was in African campaign.

This is the only panther was was in africa at that time
11 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

Sooner or later some modders will create a CoH2 North Africa mod as it happened for CoH1.
11 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

Panthers weren't in Africa.

It was just an example how i would imagine an africa corps faction, it doesn't need to have a panther since there are already 2 factions with one. ;)
11 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 13:12 PMKatitof

How about you will back your claim that tank that was introduced to service on EASTERN FRONT just before African theater was concluded was in African campaign.

That's no panther

11 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 13:12 PMKatitof

I know that the Panthers saw action in battle of Kursk.

I remember that I have read it somewhere that they used both Tigers and Panthers in the end of the campaign of 1943 in North Africa because Hitler insisted on it, but of course I can remember wrong. It could be that they used only tigers. Nevertheless, we have at least tigers, which saw action in North Africa, and they can thus be used for a combined German/Italian faction 1941-1945. It would be better, because in this case, that faction would not have the fast Panther tank (as Ostheer and OKW), but only a slow Tiger and even more slower Elephant. But I can try to check out if the Panther was used or not.
11 Sep 2015, 14:16 PM

I know that the Panthers saw action in battle of Kursk.

But you do know that Kursk is not in Africa?

I remember that I have read it somewhere that they used both Tigers and Panthers in the end of the campaign of 1943 in North Africa because Hitler insisted on it, but of course I can remember wrong. It could be that they used only tigers. Nevertheless, we have at least tigers, which saw action in North Africa, and they can thus be used for a combined German/Italian faction 1941-1945. It would be better, because in this case, that faction would not have the fast Panther tank (as Ostheer and OKW), but only a slow Tiger and even more slower Elephant. But I can try to check out if the Panther was used or not.

Only Tigers were deployed in southern theater, panthers never seen combat elsewhere then eastern and western fronts. Any 1943+ deployed designs never were used in Africa.
11 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 14:16 PMKatitof
Only Tigers were deployed in southern theater, panthers never seen combat elsewhere then eastern and western fronts. Any 1943+ deployed designs never were used in Africa.

When I now checked the facts, it looks like that I remembered wrong and mixed the Tiger and Panther in my first message in the subject. I should have written that the Tiger I were used in Africa and Italy, but some Panthers (and at least one Elephant) in Italy. The Panthers were used at least in the battle of Anzio. So Relic could use all these tanks in the German/Italian faction, if they also look at the battles in Italy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★