Login

russian armor

North Africa

8 Sep 2015, 10:54 AM

Cuban Missile Crisis

How would that make a war game? It was a diplomatic crisis, there was no military conflict.
8 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM

How would that make a war game? It was a diplomatic crisis, there was no military conflict.

Have you ever played the game World in Conflict or Call of Duty? Alternative history. CoH2 also not is historical (from the Soviet single game, finishing skins in multiplayer), it is more game based on World War II. Caribbean crisis interesting post-war technology: T-54/55, PT-76, SKS-45, AK-47, ASU-57, BTR-50, early jets / helicopters.
8 Sep 2015, 12:46 PM

North Africa in 1940-41 should be CoH3 material.

Vanilla game = France vs Germany 1940. Expansion is British vs Italy (with German support) in 1941.

But Relic will never give us early war, even though it has tons of interesting potential, because basically lots of players will be turned off by the lack of iconic German middle-late war armor. Germany as a fast striking faction with no heavies facing down slower moving, but more powerful allied stuff isn't what people want.

The Char B meta :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

He's got a point :foreveralone:

I've been wanting to see Afrika Korps in action since VCoH but I know Relic wont be implementing another Axis faction at this point in the game.(unless they need more $$$$$$$$$$$)
8 Sep 2015, 13:05 PM
Patrion 26

He's got a point :foreveralone:

I've been wanting to see Afrika Korps in action since VCoH but I know Relic wont be implementing another Axis faction at this point in the game.(unless they need more $$$$$$$$$$$)

Ah Von, remember Quin Duffy said they will focus only on Eastern Front in Coh2? That there will be no US or Brits?
But now we have both Brits and USF so I guess Africa Corps are coming soon as the opposite faction of Brits.
Just you wait ;)
8 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

Ah Von, remember Quin Duffy said they will focus only on Eastern Front in Coh2? That there will be no US or Brits?
But now we have both Brits and USF so I guess Africa Corps are coming soon as the opposite faction of Brits.
Just you wait ;)

I remember this statement, and remember the statement: "The single-player game will be historical and apolitical." LOL, this did not happen.
8 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

we all know that coh3, if it would ever come out, should be either set in korea or vietnam.
8 Sep 2015, 13:44 PM

we all know that coh3, if it would ever come out, should be either set in korea or vietnam.

Relic should just take a feather out of Wolfensteins hat and just go alt-history since actual WW2 has been overdone to death. Would mean no need to try and be """""realistic"""""" and everyone could have all the crazy bullshit they want.
11 Sep 2015, 02:44 AM

I remember this statement, and remember the statement: "The single-player game will be historical and apolitical." LOL, this did not happen.

I will never understand why Relic decided to make the campaign so politically charged. Some things happened, like the Red Army killing Partisans as they advanced, but other things were exaggerated like the Commissar who just shot everybody. In the end the backlash wasn't worth it, one of the most viewed CoH2 videos is still some pissed off Russian calling Relic Nazis.
11 Sep 2015, 02:47 AM

Relic should just take a feather out of Wolfensteins hat and just go alt-history since actual WW2 has been overdone to death. Would mean no need to try and be """""realistic"""""" and everyone could have all the crazy bullshit they want.
I could go for an alternate, super late war Company of Heroes. Would be cool to have Maus, T95s, and IS-3s go at it.
11 Sep 2015, 03:06 AM

I could go for an alternate, super late war Company of Heroes. Would be cool to have Maus, T95s, and IS-3s go at it.

If I were writing the "Story" for CoH3 it would be set in 1946 in a timeline were the Normandy invasion never went anywhere and the Russian offensive was halted in Poland/Finland and was basically set around fighting in Italy (options for Italian fun), Poland and Finland, the Caucasus, ect. Everyone uses crazy latewar bullshit from Maus to T95's and whatnot, factions are Soviets, British, Americans, and 3 Axis factions (basically Ostheer, OKW, and Assorted "Allies" of Germany).
11 Sep 2015, 03:46 AM

I will never understand why Relic decided to make the campaign so politically charged. Some things happened, like the Red Army killing Partisans as they advanced, but other things were exaggerated like the Commissar who just shot everybody. In the end the backlash wasn't worth it, one of the most viewed CoH2 videos is still some pissed off Russian calling Relic Nazis.

Agreed. Sure, it happened, but it wasn't representative of what every Soviet soldier experienced. Most of the troops that survived the war never saw any questionable methods or atrocities by their own side.

Also the campaign story was just plain depressing. War is Hell is a fine theme to have for a movie, but after I win a hard fought victory in a mission I don't want my mood to be stomped into the mud by yet another bleak chapter of the story.
11 Sep 2015, 07:42 AM

The desgin could be based on the German and Italian forces in 1944-1945 in Italy.

Hetzer, Flak 88, Nashorn, Jagdpanther are still not in game so there are enough AT tools to fight heavy tanks for a 3 faction with italian infantry and tanks as AI units. Italians also would make sense in the way that they did fight vs the Commonwealth, US Army and Soviets.
11 Sep 2015, 08:33 AM
Donator 11

The desgin could be based on the German and Italian forces in 1944-1945 in Italy.

I agree. The easiest way to make a faction, is to make one which concentrates on battles in North Africa and Italy during the years 1941-1945. For example battles of El Alamein, Sicily, Monte Cassino. They also used Panthers in North Africa, and Tigers and Elephants in Italy, so Relic do not need to make that faction without good tanks. But I like to see the 88 Flak and German motor cycle troops in this faction, in same way Rommel used them in his campaign in North Africa.
11 Sep 2015, 08:38 AM

desert jsut doesnt fit in coh because of lack of cover etc. Besides desert maps would look ugly and boring and seriously, no one wants to play with Italians.

i hope we will never see this
11 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM
Donator 11

desert jsut doesnt fit in coh because of lack of cover etc. Besides desert maps would look ugly and boring and seriously, no one wants to play with Italians.

Read the novel Killing Rommel by Steven Pressfield or see the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin with Nicolas Cage or visit Crete where the Germans make a parachute assault, maybe you start to like the idea. Besides there are good desert maps in Steam Workshop and someone likes to use the Osttruppen in this game (which I see as a parallel to the Italians).

But Rommel was a warrior from a bygone era, an old-fashioned knight for whom the virtues of chivalry and respect for the foe are indivisible from the passion for victory (Pressfield 2008, p. 92). Everyone wants to play with him and his troops. And there are good cover in Central Italy, maybe you have heard of the Gustav Line.
11 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM

I'm pretty sure that if Relic did make a campaign, it would borrow a lot of the units the German Factions have and reskin them, change the voice acting and maybe make a couple of new units. And in the end, make this Italian Faction a campaign only faction.
11 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

That's what I also believe.
11 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM

Well, the africa corps could work out, italian cheap mainline infantry, supported by german mechanized elite units, some light and medium italian tanks and some german heavy support like panthers and tigers (not to mention the characteristic Flak 88).
11 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:41 PMMoBo111
Well, the africa corps could work out, italian cheap mainline infantry, supported by german mechanized elite units, some light and medium italian tanks and some german heavy support like panthers and tigers (not to mention the characteristic Flak 88).

Panthers weren't in Africa.
11 Sep 2015, 13:01 PM
Donator 11

Panthers weren't in Africa.

They were, also Tigers were. Just google for the pictures.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★