Login

russian armor

Churchill is a medium Tank you know

6 Sep 2015, 15:32 PM

Think a bit. If you limit churchill why anyone will go anvil and no hammer then ? i like much more 2 - 5 mobile tanks than one slowpoke
6 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM

It seems very strong against the Panther. I don't feel safe going 1v1 against it when I play wehr anyway. Hard to penetrate and it can hit the Panther back even frontally.
6 Sep 2015, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 14:29 PMRollo

Try using a StuG or jagdpanzer

That wasn't the point. The point whether or not Churchills can effectively engage Panthers. They can. That's what I wanted to say.

Besides, if I'm using Stugs or Jagdpanzers, then I need yet another unit to spot for them. Preferably something tanky. I wouldn't know where to get all these units from. And for every unit I add to the equation, my opponent could also add one, like an AT gun of his own.

Churchills are very effective tanks, especially for cost. They can engage everything up to and including TDs without fear.
6 Sep 2015, 16:19 PM
Donator 11

Don't underestimate relic.

Jason said the next patch will hit before OCF in the shout box. Given their recent track record. I see no reason not to believe him.
6 Sep 2015, 16:23 PM

Churchills arent that good, and they literally feed veterancy to AT units

And no, a churchill cant engage a panther lol, panther outranges it and is much faster.
6 Sep 2015, 16:51 PM

Jason said the next patch will hit before OCF in the shout box. Given their recent track record. I see no reason not to believe him.

Forgive me god, for I have doubted ur faith.

ALL HAIL THE LEE GOD!
6 Sep 2015, 16:53 PM

Panther is way faster, has greatgreat armor and has better range, so how slow Churchill can engage Panther and kill it?
6 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Churchills arent that good

Wrong.

and they literally feed veterancy to AT units

Like every other vehicle in the game? Churchill gives away vet slower than a Tiger does anyway, on account of near identical armor and much lower cost, let alone any medium tank.

And no, a churchill cant engage a panther lol, panther outranges it and is much faster.

In the same way that a Puma will beat an IS2, being faster and outranging it? As I said to the other guy, go ingame and test it out.

It takes just shy of a one and a half minutes of continuous firing, on average, for a Panther to destroy an AFK churchill at max range. For perspective, that's enough time for an AVRE to fire three times and complete two reload cycles.

Panther is way faster, has greatgreat armor and has better range, so how slow Churchill can engage Panther and kill it?

Churchill will never kill a Panther, but the Panther likewise will never kill a Churchill unless your opponent leaves to get himself a coffee in the interim. practically speaking it works out in favour of the generalist tank, since you win the infantry war and thus map control. It's hard to fully explain, but it's very clear in an actual game.
6 Sep 2015, 17:15 PM

As someone who uses Churchills every game, I agree. However, their innate tankiness should not be touched. Instead of laying hands on what makes the tank strong, good design dictates that their weaknesses should be more apparent for more counterplay. Either lower penetration a tad, or make them even slower.
6 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM

Churchill will never kill a Panther, but the Panther likewise will never kill a Churchill unless your opponent leaves to get himself a coffee in the interim. practically speaking it works out in favour of the generalist tank, since you win the infantry war and thus map control. It's hard to fully explain, but it's very clear in an actual game.

It's obvious for me. It's just thing that someone posted, that 2 Churchills wrecked a way faster Panther.

Still, vs Churchills best way is to plant mines and slowly punch it with heavy engine damage.

Or stunlock with pakwall.
6 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM

It seems very strong against the Panther. I don't feel safe going 1v1 against it when I play wehr anyway. Hard to penetrate and it can hit the Panther back even frontally.
Though that´s more a problem of the Panther than with the Churchill. The rof on the Panther is ridiculously low. This leads to strange situations in which Panzer IVs are better anti tank than Panthers.

For the Churchill: I guess two StuGs should handle it well. This however doesn´t help the general liability of Ostheer T4.

Tbh. in 10 1v1 games played vs the British since release I have only faced Comets so far though. Not a single Churchill. The news here make me shudder.:D
6 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM

Churchhills really become bigger threats the lower you go down in team games. 1600 for the stock is a wee much so 1440 or 1280 (but can regain 1440 through veterancy) hp could work. One thing that surprised me is that they are speedy buggers when it comes to acceleration.
6 Sep 2015, 18:31 PM
Patrion 14

What I think needs to be done is a redesign of their HP/armor pool. Either:

Make it 190 armor (penned by all real AT) and 1600 HP.

Make it 320 armor and 1280/1120 HP.

Giving it fairly high armor AND crazy HP makes the thing not only have huge survivability against all heavy AT, but it also allows the thing to bounce shots from Paks and the like, making it even MORE frustratingly crazy.
6 Sep 2015, 20:43 PM

Funny thing is that the Comet has 290 armor which is more armor than the Churchills. Kappa
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★