Login

russian armor

AEC lack scale capability.

5 Sep 2015, 09:05 AM

the AEC is basically the puma without the nifty extra range, and is basically obsolete once you got the cromwell. It needs the extra range if it is to be more than a throw away unit.
5 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

well the stuart is useless once u get a sherman, the 222 is useless once u get a p4, etc etc, kubel is useless once u get another light vehicle.

aec also has that nifty crit ability does it not?
5 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

I have to agree with Lemon, since those cars are for early mid game or late early game how you want to call it. Only the scoutcar with vet 3 and scope can be useful, but try to keep it alive Kappa
5 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM

well the stuart is useless once u get a sherman, the 222 is useless once u get a p4, etc etc, kubel is useless once u get another light vehicle.

aec also has that nifty crit ability does it not?

the AEC isn't even in the price range of the 222 or the kubel.

Is the su-76 useless after mid game? is the okw puma and the pz2 useless after mid game? Even the stuart's stun round is useful against pziv.

the crit ability is also a vet ability.
5 Sep 2015, 09:44 AM

AEC is actually decent, pair of them can take down P4 reasonable since 120 dmg and good penetration profile(lower max but higher mid, pretty much standard med tank pen vs pumas pen).

Problem is with getting them as you'll be struggling for map control and single faust can be a death sentence as pak follow up is a lethal threat to it.
5 Sep 2015, 10:22 AM

all light tanks scale bad that inherent to light tanks unless stuart but aec has tread breaker so...yeah
5 Sep 2015, 10:56 AM

AEC and puma scale better then stuart... stuart can't fight meds, these two can.
5 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM

I actually find it hard to find use for it lol
5 Sep 2015, 14:18 PM

They will remove the Stug III stun ability and AEC has that nifty crit ability. What you want then?
5 Sep 2015, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 14:18 PMatouba
They will remove the Stug III stun ability and AEC has that nifty crit ability. What you want then?

the stug is vastly better than the AEC, and not that much more expensive. 360 MP is a lot for an armored car.

all light tanks scale bad that inherent to light tanks unless stuart but aec has tread breaker so...yeah

tread breaker is the AEC's vet ability. You can't just assume AEC have it by default.
5 Sep 2015, 21:57 PM

Well, i didn't look up the vet bonuses the aec gets.. but that's because i rarely want to spent a lot of mp and fuel on it. The problem i have with it is that i'm rarely having problems fighting tanks or light vehicles (since most of them are on the allied side), but infantry which the aec can't do anything about. I would like to have some buffs to infantry for it, but that might result in having a way to strong armored car.
5 Sep 2015, 22:29 PM

AEC comes early and is great for there and then. I do agree with the lack of scaling but it dominates the mid game as a light tank.

No need to increase scaling. If you're finding it useless later on, then just use Designate command tank and it becomes a not so slow piece of awesomeness.

5 Sep 2015, 23:02 PM

I feel like the AEC is in kind of a weird place where it super hard counters light vehicles if you really want to rape a 222 or OKW goes Mechanized Opening (rarer these days it seems). Its meh AI reduces its utility and its current fuel costs sets you pretty far back from Teching/getting a Tank. Its servicable vs. Medium tanks but takes some good micro on your part to pair Break Treads with AT Guns or be dominating enough to have fuel for a Cromwell soon to support it. Its feels situational and a risk/reward that you may soon be facing Axis Armor that outclasses it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★