Login

russian armor

M36 Jackson vs Firefly

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
4 Sep 2015, 23:51 PM

From experience, it seems like the Jackson is better at dealing damage while the Firefly is a little tankier while also having Tulip rockets, but I'd love to get specifics. Does anyone know how these units compare stat-wise? I'd love to see a side by side comparison of stats like damage, penetration, acceleration, reload speed, turret rotation speed, etc.
5 Sep 2015, 00:25 AM

I think the FF does more damage per shot, actually. But it has a horrific reload rate and turret rotation.

In the alpha I suggested tweaking them so they were complementary, with Jackson being lower pen, higher damage, and Firefly doing normal damage (160) but having very high pen.
5 Sep 2015, 00:31 AM
Patrion 14

FF has 200 damage and 10 second reload. Due to its terrible turret rotation and reload, it is the lowest dps unit in the game for anti-tank. However, if you add in the rockets, it becomes the highest alpha strike at bar none.

Its a pretty silly design, because it makes in a giant munitions sink and fairly pointless at anything else.
5 Sep 2015, 00:50 AM

I just tested these two units in a custom match, and they both repeatedly did the exact same amount of damage to a Panzer IV. Seems to me like the Jackson is better because of the HVAP shells and the faster fire rate. >.>
5 Sep 2015, 00:52 AM

FF has 200 damage and 10 second reload. Due to its terrible turret rotation and reload, it is the lowest dps unit in the game for anti-tank. However, if you add in the rockets, it becomes the highest alpha strike at bar none.

Its a pretty silly design, because it makes in a giant munitions sink and fairly pointless at anything else.

actually the panther and the firefly are tied for the lowest dps unit in the game. I think the panther is a tiny bit better but not enough to make a difference.

I think the base unit itself is good if overpriced, but the tulips upgrade is overpowered.
5 Sep 2015, 00:52 AM

Would be nice if the Firefly got a faster fire rate. A lot of tanks get away because it couldn't reload fast enough.
5 Sep 2015, 00:54 AM

One major advantage the Firefly has over the Jackson is that it can self spot with the tank commander upgrade. You pretty much always get the first shot in.
5 Sep 2015, 00:59 AM

Jackson is glass cannon

Firefly is glass nucler bomb if you manage to land rockets.
5 Sep 2015, 01:00 AM

Jackson reloads in almost half the time (5.2 vs 10 seconds) and does 240 damage with AP rounds that also buff its pen and accuracy.

It's also cheaper than the firefly, has better mobility, turret rotation and vehicle crews/super glue.

Back in the alpha the firefly used to have pretty good armour and a 6 second reload, also the rockets could target infantry and decrew paks. relic in all their wise wisdom nerfed all three rather than just the tulips which were really the only problem (it still used to lose 1vs1 vs a panther).

Now brits have a decent but massively overpriced TD that dies to a single puma or StuG. Hell I saw a replay earlier of a guy circle strafing a firefly WITH his tiger :snfPeter:
5 Sep 2015, 01:38 AM

Is the FF more accurate than the M36? It seems like it is with the high velocity gun.
5 Sep 2015, 01:58 AM

Permanently Banned
It gets insane dmg at vet 3
5 Sep 2015, 02:06 AM

A Firefly backing a Churchill is a pretty mean combo, much better than a Jackson backing a Sherman :foreveralone:.
5 Sep 2015, 02:48 AM

A Firefly backing a Churchill is a pretty mean combo, much better than a Jackson backing a Sherman :foreveralone:.

Try adding a command vehicle into the mix. All you have to do is plop down a command universal carrier next to the firefly and it will effectively double the Firefly's rate of fire, making that 10second fire rate much better.
5 Sep 2015, 08:05 AM

Firefly need a rate of fire buff, but reduce/remove the tulip rocket......the rocket is a game breaker
5 Sep 2015, 08:59 AM

actually the panther and the firefly are tied for the lowest dps unit in the game. I think the panther is a tiny bit better but not enough to make a difference.

I think the base unit itself is good if overpriced, but the tulips upgrade is overpowered.

But panther is fast and durable, while its MGs and pintle provide okayish AI performance.

FF is exclusively AT slow, soft block.
5 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM

They need to buff it's RoF and tone down the damage of the tulips. A unit shouldn't need a ability to stay relevant. This is T-34 ram all over again.
5 Sep 2015, 09:51 AM

Firefly is the most retarded unit ever, because it´s shitty reload time and retarded burst damage from rockets. Id like to see firefly reworked like this:

-Reduce reload time
-Tulip rockets are now free to fire, but their performance is nerfed. Now rockets would deal much less damage and would match two sherman HE shells or something like that in terms of performance.
5 Sep 2015, 10:07 AM

Haven't faved any ftulips yet, so can't talk about that. But my panther could easily take on 2 FF's because of it's high speed
5 Sep 2015, 14:05 PM

Why not make the Tulip do lower damage but have higher Critical Rates? Like Stunning, destroying Main Gun, Damage Engine... Basically the things a snare would do.
5 Sep 2015, 22:07 PM

Haven't faved any ftulips yet, so can't talk about that. But my panther could easily take on 2 FF's because of it's high speed

Well if the tulips hit and the firefly hits too, you can easily take down an ostwind in 3-5 seconds without the enemy able to do something about it.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 17
Netherlands 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %