Login

russian armor

Churchill Croc's Main Gun

4 Sep 2015, 00:20 AM

I know I'm risking getting flamed for suggest something needs to be done to make this tank work better, but it needs to be said. The Flamethrower should not be the main weapon of this tank. The flamethrower should be treated as secondary. In other words, the tank shouldn't be rotating like an assault gun when attacking something. When using the flamethrower, let that be up to the player himself by using Facing Orders.
4 Sep 2015, 00:30 AM

But how would attack ground work then?
4 Sep 2015, 00:31 AM

Yep valid problem. I tried to destroy abandoned at gun with croc attack-order and croc started flaming at gun doing no damage.

Facepalm.
4 Sep 2015, 01:37 AM

Was brought up in Alpha, apparently it's intended design and is a weakness of the Croc.
4 Sep 2015, 01:43 AM

Its not a bug, its feature!
4 Sep 2015, 02:26 AM

Arhjggdfhgmjfgfhg

Did I read that right? You want to buff the crocodile? ARE YOU INSANE. The First game I played with it in release I got 230 kills against a primarily antitank army by brute forcing them. If it's gun was made better it would basically remove the need for you to build normal Churchill/Firefly's to provide support.
4 Sep 2015, 02:49 AM

Arhjggdfhgmjfgfhg

Did I read that right? You want to buff the crocodile? ARE YOU INSANE. The First game I played with it in release I got 230 kills against a primarily antitank army by brute forcing them. If it's gun was made better it would basically remove the need for you to build normal Churchill/Firefly's to provide support.

Whoa whoa whoa easy there feller.

Reread the post.

He wants the tank to treat the main gun as the primary weapon, so that attack orders using Q (or whatever the non gridkey hotkey is) use the ballistic shell, not the flamethrower.
4 Sep 2015, 03:01 AM
Benefactor 226

Same thing happened to me and I was like wth are you doing.
4 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

Whoa whoa whoa easy there feller.

Reread the post.

He wants the tank to treat the main gun as the primary weapon, so that attack orders using Q (or whatever the non gridkey hotkey is) use the ballistic shell, not the flamethrower.

Ah my bad, I feel silly. Yeah I'd agree with that. The flame thrower shouldn't be the "main weapon" when it still has a cannon. But I can see where Relic is coming from, they want it to be a Flame Tank not a tank with a flame thrower.
4 Sep 2015, 08:26 AM

Yeah like it was in Coh 1 OF, there I liked it and it was pretty much balanced!
4 Sep 2015, 08:35 AM
Donator 11

Though I enjoy using it, why does the Croc need a main gun anyways?
4 Sep 2015, 15:07 PM

Good to see we are in agreement. Though the idea that Relic deliberately made the Croc the way it is - is rather disheartening. It's clear they haven't considered certain factors that can lead to abuse. Such as attack-grounding the Fog of War or through shot blockers (Hedgerows and buildings) with it's considerable range. Add the fact it does sets the ground aflame and you have yourself an unfair advantage/terrifying enemy. These reasons alone should have made Relic reconsider... -_-

Not to mention that it turns on it's own to fire at retreating infantry or whatnot running past and is causing unnecessary problems of exposing it's rear armour. Hell, if I remember correctly, it's doesn't even have a "Vehicles Only" toggle to force it to behave itself in the presence of tanks.
7 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

Yep valid problem. I tried to destroy abandoned at gun with croc attack-order and croc started flaming at gun doing no damage.

Facepalm.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight