Login

russian armor

Flamer Changes

3 Sep 2015, 14:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

This was a really bad change now that flamers soak the ground in flames like incends do. Flame rifles are now retarded strong.
3 Sep 2015, 14:46 PM

And how it change other flame weapons ? incediery barrage , molotov , kv8 , clow car and ostheer flametruck ?
3 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM

Especially when flamer squad dying by his own flames. Top kek.
3 Sep 2015, 14:54 PM

I really like the idea of DoT for flamers, but 30 seconds of DoT? Seriously LeLiK? This will remove HMGs from the game. They also have attack ground... imagine that. What the hell.
3 Sep 2015, 14:55 PM
Patrion 15

Didn't the remove the ability from handheld flame weapons?

Sept 3rd Update Additions

Flame Weapons
All Infantry Flamethrower damage reduced 8
All Flamethrowers that originally had accuracy of 11 now has accuracy of 1.
All Infantry Flamethrowers have had their weapon scatter increased because they now rely more on accuracy than scatter.
Stuka Incendiary bomb damage increased from 10 to 40

From patch notes
3 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM

Didn't the remove the ability from handheld flame weapons?

I believe so, yes. I haven't tested out Rifle company yet but I'm not sure how good Flamer spam will be now since you'll be heavily punished for trying to move-attack with them + the nerfed damage. In theory it should be more of a niche "Upgrade 1 or 2 Rifles to help clear garrisons" type deal instead of Oprahing Flamethrowers for every squad like in the current meta; which frankly is probably a good thing.

On the other hand... KV-8, Wasp, Flame Half-Track all have the chance to be a LOT more useful. Last night I was shocked as how Wasps were melting my infantry (which is probably why they are nerfing its damage lol)
3 Sep 2015, 15:50 PM
Patrion 15

This is a pretty big buff to molotovs as well.
3 Sep 2015, 15:53 PM

I think we need more testing before we can tell.
KV-8 seems useful again though,not only against buildings.
3 Sep 2015, 16:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Croc and KV-8 are stinking utter pwnage right now. I dearly hope this is being adjusted.
3 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Dont touch my rifles or penals
3 Sep 2015, 17:16 PM

flamerthrowers are way to strong, espacailly rifleman with them.
3 Sep 2015, 17:21 PM

dont know the range of the wasp but it feels enormus. that the flamer leave a trail behind or DOT is fine but atm its damage is alot
3 Sep 2015, 18:32 PM

Dont touch my rifles or penals

Noone wants to touch your rifle or peanuts.
Only Relic postRelic 3 Sep 2015, 18:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This was a really bad change now that flamers soak the ground in flames like incends do. Flame rifles are now retarded strong.

It's actually not the dot. Its the Flamethrower and the new AOE profile. The dots only do 2 dmg per tick so its very small.

Weapon teams in cover tend to clumped up and now that Flame weapons no longer have accuracy fall off on AOE, they will consistantly do damage to everyone in that radius. So the more the unit is clumped up, the more damage they will take.

They are very good vs garrisoned squads, units in cover because infantry clump up in those areas.

Possibly too good at times. Lets try the damage reduction from the mod update first and see if more changes are needed.
3 Sep 2015, 18:52 PM

It's actually not the dot. Its the Flamethrower and the new AOE profile. The dots only do 2 dmg per tick so its very small.

Weapon teams in cover tend to clumped up and now that Flame weapons no longer have accuracy fall off on AOE, they will consistantly do damage to everyone in that radius. So the more the unit is clumped up, the more damage they will take.

They are very good vs garrisoned squads, units in cover because infantry clump up in those areas.

Possibly too good at times. Lets try the damage reduction from the mod update first and see if more changes are needed.

OUR GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!
3 Sep 2015, 19:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It sounds reasonable with 1 squad vs 1 squad but if there are say 3-4 flame units they can cover a large area so clumped up or not its like compounding damage. Guess we'll see how the damage reduction goes.
3 Sep 2015, 20:19 PM
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 18:32 PMQbix

Noone wants to touch your rifle or peanuts.

Gold

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS