Login

russian armor

Commandos

3 Sep 2015, 07:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Those things have long fuses. They are more like a satchel charge then a grenade. You should be able to easily dodge it.

Nope, the commando grenade goes off in a second unlike the infantry section gammon bomb and can be thrown from camo on top of that.

I wiped 4 ostruppen squads in one go with a commando nade ambush like this. Granted the guy was vlobbing them; he basically had 0 time to react.
3 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

Obers are 400mp.
Falls are 440mp including opportunity cost, their real cost is around 380.

And both, obers and falls are not close range exclusively infantry.

You're going to be the new alex here with utter fanboyism of his first months and completely wrong about everything you write?

oh you seem to forget about the 50 muni lmg upgrade which they dont come with before the patch they were 450 not with 400mp + 50 lmg upgrade so they roughly translate>450 mp....the fanboyism on display here is by you and falls are not worth the cost because they suck
3 Sep 2015, 08:56 AM

Decrease thier cost, but also lower section size to 4 men. :)
3 Sep 2015, 10:00 AM

might as well redo the silenced sten at this point.

given the commandos' bag of trick, they don't need a ultra powerful smg. Even a just one on par with the shocktrooper would be enough given the commandos' durability, grenade, and access to cloak.

one fun fact. If you have the commandos pick up a bren from the weapon rack, they get a special bren capable of firing on the move. Obviously you lose some close range dps .
3 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

Nope, the commando grenade goes off in a second unlike the infantry section gammon bomb and can be thrown from camo on top of that.

I wiped 4 ostruppen squads in one go with a commando nade ambush like this. Granted the guy was vlobbing them; he basically had 0 time to react.

guy I played cloaked right on top of my Battle HQ, I was lucky I only lost 1 squad to the damn thing. At least now I know I was right about the crazy short fuse.

commandos right now are just silly, God help you if they pick up a dropped shrek.
3 Sep 2015, 18:27 PM

An AI commando just almost rekt my Vet3 FlameHT. I had to retreat it. Is that supposed to happen? I mean, wtf.
3 Sep 2015, 18:32 PM

Stg44 on Ober can detect cloaked Commandos FYI. So if you find yourself facing then a lot that is one good way to fight them, as you can engage at midrange with Ober and that should give you enough advantage to drive them off.
3 Sep 2015, 18:39 PM

Stg44 on Ober can detect cloaked Commandos FYI. So if you find yourself facing then a lot that is one good way to fight them, as you can engage at midrange with Ober and that should give you enough advantage to drive them off.

kind of late for a soft, commander only counter, but good to know
3 Sep 2015, 18:43 PM

kind of late for a soft, commander only counter, but good to know

Commandos shouldn't be out too early and if they do rush them then they probably have very little map control. You can also tell when they get them by the giant glider, so just be careful with you squads once you see it.
20 Sep 2015, 07:26 AM

A freshly dropped 'irish' wolfpack just ate 2 vet 3 panzergrenadiers for breakfast. Is this for real? This guys need a massive DPS nerf. I'm talking about a %40 damage reduction.
20 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

they're indeed insane, I have had them even eat 2x vet 5 falls... Relic please nerf
20 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM

Everybody seems to forget that commando can't yolos like shocks troops can, they need to ambush you, they already nerfed their DPS, it's up to you to keep en eye on your squad...
20 Sep 2015, 08:59 AM
Donator 11

Your text..
they're indeed insane, I have had them even eat 2x vet 5 falls... Relic please nerf

The falls shooting at ground in front of them? Cuz if falls focus fire approaching commandos those melt like butter.

Commandos are fine right now. They can just not be engaged as other infantry and need focus. Pretty similar to dealing with shocks, only that commandos do not have heavy armor.

20 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

Using infantry to counter an expensive anti-infantry only unit?

Yeah GG WP...
20 Sep 2015, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 22:46 PMLooney
Commando's are great, most expensive infantry in the game AND they're micro heavy. And if you can manage to spam 500mp units as BRITS your opponent is doing something wrong.

Why not retreat when they appear and pick them off from a distance? There cloaking makes them slow and there only good for ambushes.

IMO Commando's are like Paratroopers with thompsons, you can't charge in, else you will bleed too much and they're only really usefull when having the beacon set up.

Commandos are for holding off a point, laying in ambush or clearing buildings.

Even better, how about people l2p and send a vehicle to kill them instead. Perhaps treat them like shocks, perhaps treat them like STG obers. 4Head

+1
20 Sep 2015, 10:12 AM

Using infantry to counter an expensive anti-infantry only unit?

Yeah GG WP...

falls cost 380 mp after adjusting their building entry and commadnos cost 350 mp..??? do your maths

Everybody seems to forget that commando can't yolos like shocks troops can, they need to ambush you, they already nerfed their DPS, it's up to you to keep en eye on your squad...

umm they charge up at you invisible they are so much light cover in game that generally commandos charge up close while being cammoed >>> shock troops
so they are better at approaching infantry the shock tropps have much higher speed and they o.72 received accuracy for comparison ober have .7 they are durable more so than shock troops ok both csot more than commandos and commandos are broken deal with it
20 Sep 2015, 10:25 AM

falls cost 380 mp after adjusting their building entry and commadnos cost 350 mp..??? do your maths

And who wins at far and mid distances? Do your maths...
20 Sep 2015, 10:39 AM

umm they charge up at you invisible they are so much light cover in game that generally commandos charge up close while being cammoed >>> shock troops
so they are better at approaching infantry the shock tropps have much higher speed and they o.72 received accuracy for comparison ober have .7 they are durable more so than shock troops ok both csot more than commandos and commandos are broken deal with it

You don't seem to know how shock troops are strong, commandos drop like flies, obersoldaten are more resistant, commandos aren't broken they just require a bit of game sense and map awareness to prepare and execute an ambush

20 Sep 2015, 14:58 PM

Just remove camouflage mechanic from the game and take it from snipers as well, as we already have TrueSight, but give snipers ghillie suits, non-tracer rounds and see how the magic happens. Providing that the unit icon above them is removed as well.
20 Sep 2015, 16:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just remove camouflage mechanic from the game and take it from snipers as well, as we already have TrueSight, but give snipers ghillie suits, non-tracer rounds and see how the magic happens. Providing that the unit icon above them is removed as well.
I am absolutely certain that is something they would never do, because being unable to actually see something effectively in-game is highly frustrating (which is why Duffy nixed any hopes for official skins for infantry using much more effective camouflage patterns).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L