Login

russian armor

British Patch 3 Sep

PAGES (15)down
27 Aug 2015, 00:21 AM

Well, I guess it remains to be seen what other balance changes are made but right now it looks like R.I.P. ML-20 and M3. May well be R.I.P. Soviet T1 depending on how bad Penals are after the flamethrower nerf.
27 Aug 2015, 00:24 AM

3 extra Commanders and 4 complete set of skins on launch mmmhh?? I hope we're gonna get some discounts or else it's gonna cost twice the amount of the faction in dlc
27 Aug 2015, 00:25 AM

All flame weapons now do more damage and are better at killing weapons teams and stopping garrisoned units =/= a nerf.

Yes you can no longer clown car chase an enemy to his base and kill half his infantry in the first 4 minutes of the game and win, but you can have much more reliable performance.
27 Aug 2015, 00:38 AM

Jason please light a fire up somebody's ass at relic to get the G-sync crashes fixed in Coh2. Latest patch and latest Nvidia drivers, G-sync seems to cause a near-100% crash rate on launch. It happens during the load to main menu. Once you reach main menu, it doesn't interfere and the game works fine.

it's been this way for about 4-5 months now by my reckoning. Every time I want to play I have to alt+enter during boot to force non-fullscreen, which disables G-sync, then I can reenable it by going full screen again once I reach main menu. Really silly!
27 Aug 2015, 00:49 AM

is the HVAP bug for the M36 fixed yet? plus i've seen little changes in USF thus far considering how much rework they are gonna need to stand into late game
27 Aug 2015, 01:06 AM

All flame weapons now do more damage and are better at killing weapons teams and stopping garrisoned units =/= a nerf.

Yes you can no longer clown car chase an enemy to his base and kill half his infantry in the first 4 minutes of the game and win, but you can have much more reliable performance.
Nice strawman. Clown car has been easily killed by pioneers for almost a year.
As long as you move your units in a group or at least where they can support one another, threat from flamer cars is nonexistent.
27 Aug 2015, 01:15 AM

Nice strawman. Clown car has been easily killed by pioneers for almost a year.
As long as you move your units in a group or at least where they can support one another, threat from flamer cars is nonexistent.

Blobbing and giving up all map control shouldn't be necessary to kill one 10 fuel unit, Ostheer at least has starting counters. OKW either needs to rush a mine and bait or rush an rackten.

Regardless, flamers will be better now that they preform well at what they are designed to do; punish garrisoning and poor micro. Spread your shit and win or clump your shit and lose.
27 Aug 2015, 01:47 AM

Blobbing and giving up all map control shouldn't be necessary to kill one 10 fuel unit, Ostheer at least has starting counters. OKW either needs to rush a mine and bait or rush an rackten.

Regardless, flamers will be better now that they preform well at what they are designed to do; punish garrisoning and poor micro. Spread your shit and win or clump your shit and lose.

First the cost is 15 fuel.

Second, going T1 is supposed to give you dominance early game. You sacrifice any AT options you had in T2 and now must rely on docs or teching to T2 quickly to control vehicle play. OKW needs to be conservative, that's why the scout car is good. It forces the OKW player to pay a cost in giving up map control.

I do agree the chasing to base (although this was harder with flak guns, now a reason to get rid of OKW special snowflake base defense), and the flame car is stupid in principle, but if this nerf is to be then I want to see the scout car get some serious buffs elsewhere. It is already completley useless after minute 5.
27 Aug 2015, 01:53 AM

First the cost is 15 fuel.

My mistake, I always go for T2 starts these days.

Second, going T1 is supposed to give you dominance early game. You sacrifice any AT options you had in T2 and now must rely on docs or teching to T2 quickly to control vehicle play. OKW needs to be conservative, that's why the scout car is good. It forces the OKW player to pay a cost in giving up map control.

I don't see how this is that hard of a choice when you can get a light vehicle out of T3 that can kill any axis light vehicle other than a Puma out at like 6-7 minutes. Clown car shittery was dumb and silly, it's much better that flamers are actually flamers not some stupid mad max toy. Like you can still use an M3 to get behind and MG or do a flank you just can't chase and flame crit shit all the way back to an enemies base. Reliable performance always beats out everything unless you actually like bullshit RNG.

Going T2 quickly after isn't that hard either when it costs like 2-3 minutes of fuel income at most. The quickest thing the enemy can possibly make is a FHT and even those when rushed don't hit the field till minute 6-7.

I do agree the chasing to base (although this was harder with flak guns, now a reason to get rid of OKW special snowflake base defense), and the flame car is stupid in principle, but if this nerf is to be then I want to see the scout car get some serious buffs elsewhere. It is already completley useless after minute 5.

Outside of doing damage to light vehicles, the flak gun's for base defense are actually worse than MG bunkers. Ever try decrewing one with quads or other stuff? It's really easy.
27 Aug 2015, 02:17 AM

Squad Formations

All infantry squads has had their squad formation updated to better spread out the units in open, and negative cover. Their formation in light or heavy cover remains the same.

New Squad Formation added to existing infantry to make them spread out more

Howitzers can no longer be built in Command H.Q Territory

I feel like someone at Relic has been reading my posts! :D If not, it's still nice to know we think alike.

Still desperately waiting for a reduction in the snap distance to cover though. It really is a huge impediment to gameplay, especially considering cover tends to be *outside* the capture radius of most VPs and supply points.

Flame Criticals no longer trigger at 50% health but at 0%.

Wait, what? Is this a typo, or just a complicated way of saying flame crits have been removed?

Main Gun Criticals will now only be trigger through explosive and ballistic weapons now

Oh, thank god :p My pumas just lost their main guns constantly.

Langreskaya - Minor balance improvements

Oooooh, me wanna see!

Removed Sittard Summer from the Automatch map list

I played one game on that map. Never again. It's a well made map for what it is (I played a lot of Lyon with my brothers back in the day), and I'm not saying bridge maps don't have appeal to casual players, but automatch really isn't about casual.

As a side note, I would like to see the M5 half-track's damage nerfed by about half. Its role should be a support vehicle in reinforcing, suppressing, and shooting down aircraft. It does all of these well. If you want offensive power and damage, you should be building the T-70 instead. As it is, the M5 destroys Axis light vehicles in <1 second, which is a bit crazy considering how well it also counters infantry.
27 Aug 2015, 02:27 AM

Permanently Banned

In the Balance Preview Mod. Not all the Balance udpates in the sept 3rd patch are final and hoping to get it right during the Preview process along with some balance issues that arise from TBF.

Look at a lot of balance updates in the sept 3rd patch and in the balance preview(that is to come soon) as a starting point, and we can get numbers right together :)

The Mod has limitations where it can't preview updated text or code. So any balance update that requires those things we need to patch.

Jason could you perhaps pass on that the ML-20 damage to 160 may be a bit of an overnerf? 200 or 240 would be much better IMO. Glad to hear the quad is getting looked at. Also are the mines being replaced the mines the m20 gets? The immobilization mines?

Also, I thought pripyat was removed no? Like a long time ago.
27 Aug 2015, 02:34 AM

They are removing Bystraya Voda and Sittard.

Thank god
27 Aug 2015, 02:40 AM

Permanently Banned
Bystraya could have been fine without all that assy deep snow. Same for any winter map honestly. Only way deep snow could be fine is if it only showed up during blizzards. (Which would still suck if you hate winter maps, but not be super gay like it is now.)

Also YEEEAAAHH for moscow outskirts changes, it better be changes to north side.
27 Aug 2015, 03:00 AM

What exactly is considered the "Regular mine" for USF? The m20 mines come to mind, and they arent really regular but very good at destroying/disabling vehicles...

When i read regular, i automatically assumed the schu/soviet anti-all mine. Brits also have this mine, and in the description it says its a borrowed US mine that functions exactly like the other 30 muni mines (which of course, are the ideal mines), so i thought that the faction which is having its tech borrowed would actually have access to their own equipment,
27 Aug 2015, 03:02 AM

Cons cost the same as Grens and more than Volks, yet vet far worse than either, and will be beaten at long-medium range by either at vet 0.

That is not true, Grens and Cons are around 50/50, some time cons first volley can kill a gren model, and with some RNG cons out gun gren very good early game before they got lmg (had a game few days ago, my gren with out lmg in yellow cover, cons in no cover, shooting at mid range, my gren lose a model on first volley then down to 1 man really fast that need to retreat, while cons lost none

120mm does the same damage as Ost mortar, yet costs far more, is far slower in terms of ROF, and less accurate.

yes 120mm need little buff maybe add suppression on it, but its damage and accurate is not bad, not mention it have farest range

Yes, the SU76 is actually useful, so undoubtedly the Axis players are going to get nerfed within a month or so.
SU76 is over preforming for its price its pen should stay but either damage should nerf to 100 or free barrage should go away.

The M5 is basically equivalent to the T70 in performance ATM, with each having specific situations it's better in. This is how it should be.

no M5 is have better performance than T70, T70 can't suppress, can't reinforce infantry, can't go near a HMG or garrison building and wipe unit under 5 sec, (5 sec is pretty much 3-4 shots from T70, did you ever see T70 wipe anything in 3-4 shots?) also T70 cost 200MP and 70FU so your 120MP 30FU 90MU, even their performance is equivalent M5 is more cost effective than T70 as it is cheaper

also M5 shreds every german light armor except puma, maybe OKW Flak HT can force a M5 off, but it can't chase, M5 can. if compare those two units, since they both suppress infantry, and have some AT power,
M5: 120 MP + 30 FU + 90MU
Flak HT: 270 MP + 55FU = 270MP 83.33FU in SU price since OKW have 66% of SU FU income.
they both die from 2 shots of AT guns

yet M5 suppress more infantry than Flak HT, M5 is mobile can move and fire same time, Flak HT can't. also M5 can reinforce infantry. so it is a mobile and better version of Flank HT + OH 251 HT, which is another 120MP +30FU

so your M5 with a price of 120MP 30FU 90MU doing better than 270MP 83.33 FU + 120 MP 30Fu which is combine 390 MP 123.33 FU of two units is not Over Preforming?

27 Aug 2015, 03:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 02:17 AMCyanara
Flame Criticals no longer trigger at 50% health but at 0%.

Wait, what? Is this a typo, or just a complicated way of saying flame crits have been removed?

I think it is that flame crits' effect on actual combat have been removed, but they kept the possibility of nifty "OHMYGODIMBURNINGTODEATH" animations for fun instead of gutting everything related to flame crits.

Because come on, why would you want the horrific writhing while ablaze to go?
27 Aug 2015, 03:22 AM

Flame changes will be interesting to see with USF Rifle Company meta and the tendacy for a lot of players to just spam Flamers and ignore BARs. If fire now lingers if you combine that with Rifle spam half the map is going to be on fire :P
27 Aug 2015, 03:24 AM

all on all good patch...but 2 majoe big problems ml-20<< lefh and revert STURMtiger changes and make ml-20 damage 200....if relic you are not going to revert sturtiger changes i m leaving coh 2 it was perfect now it will be now useless again......since a.v.r.e will largely overshadow sturitger when infact it is a superior unit....i would have liked a preice increase fro sturmtiger increasing its aoe and damge but nope so it became more risk and reward but nope relic nerfs sturmtiger.yes ,i am salty and no i m not kiddding if sturtiger changes are not reverted fuck you reilc and coh 2 i will never look back at this companys game again
27 Aug 2015, 03:39 AM

Flame changes will be interesting to see with USF Rifle Company meta and the tendacy for a lot of players to just spam Flamers and ignore BARs. If fire now lingers if you combine that with Rifle spam half the map is going to be on fire :P

it may still dangers for OH, as rifles flame will keep Lmg gren on move, I just hope the dot on the floor don't stack... also flame damage increase.
27 Aug 2015, 03:51 AM

all on all good patch...but 2 majoe big problems ml-20<< lefh and revert STURMtiger changes and make ml-20 damage 200....if relic you are not going to revert sturtiger changes i m leaving coh 2 it was perfect now it will be now useless again......since a.v.r.e will largely overshadow sturitger when infact it is a superior unit....i would have liked a preice increase fro sturmtiger increasing its aoe and damge but nope so it became more risk and reward but nope relic nerfs sturmtiger.yes ,i am salty and no i m not kiddding if sturtiger changes are not reverted fuck you reilc and coh 2 i will never look back at this companys game again

UKF isn't out yet, stop freaking out over something that isn't released yet. No one has seen what it can do since the Alpha except for a less than 5 second clip on the Preview Unit videos and even then most of those were semi-staged to show the units doing incredible things(HYPE!).
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 20
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak