Login

russian armor

Quick kubelwagon question

23 Aug 2015, 12:07 PM

Hello there people, I have come back to the game after a very long break and I would like to ask a quick question about the kubelwagon. Is it classified as an infantry type target by the game mechanics? Or am I just incredibly unlucky or does the Soviet ZIS have nonexistent accuracy? My question comes from the fact that I have tried playing some soviets lately (my main faction being OKW, this information will be doubly useful for me) I came across an OKW player who build double kubels, which did a pretty good job of keepin my conscripts at bay with a bit of micro. Since I wanted to go T2 that game anyway I wanted to try and counter them with a quick ZIS, keeping in mind that it might come in handy later to put some pressure on their trucks. And then the ZIS proceeded to miss 6 times in a row and in the end the kubels died to a mass conscript and schocktroop flank.

Long story short, are kubels infantry targets? Or is there something else I'm missing?
23 Aug 2015, 12:10 PM

its kubelwagen
23 Aug 2015, 12:15 PM
Donator 11

It's a vehicle, with a rather small target size, and therefore will be missed more often than larger vehicles.

Six times in a row is just insanely bad RNG.
23 Aug 2015, 12:35 PM

maxims drive kubels off aswell, it has paper thin "armour".
23 Aug 2015, 12:39 PM
Donator 11

Honestly the kubal is rly hard to deal with. The armor on it makes it so rounds dont always pin making it hard to push off. Its quick to repair and quick to suppress so using smoke isn't rly effective, however an m3 or wc51 can help kill it.

Like Jaridan said, the maxim will push the kubal back but a well microed kubal can hold back a whole push early game if your not careful. My opinion: its a stupid unit
23 Aug 2015, 12:47 PM

Yep, I know it's not terribly difficult to kill, I just didn't want to play passive against OKW and let them reach late game to easily, so I wasn't all that keen on the maxims, so I figured a quick ZIS shot will take care of them quickly and let me move on with my game, and the described results made me wonder. Granted I have no idea about playing soviets as this was my 2 game after the break since the Western Armies launch window - so I figured just go with a lot of aggressive infantry play (the game ended with him punishing me with a king tiger, which I had large problems countering - was hard to take away the fuel on langres).
23 Aug 2015, 12:49 PM
Donator 11

I feel like its a crime to make an AT gun bad against a lightly armored car...
23 Aug 2015, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 12:39 PMMittens
Honestly the kubal is rly hard to deal with.

Its really not... just rush an M3. He wont have a shrek by the time your M3 hits the field and ofc no fausts :)
23 Aug 2015, 13:12 PM
Donator 11

Yep, I know it's not terribly difficult to kill, I just didn't want to play passive against OKW and let them reach late game to easily, so I wasn't all that keen on the maxims, so I figured a quick ZIS shot will take care of them quickly and let me move on with my game, and the described results made me wonder. Granted I have no idea about playing soviets as this was my 2 game after the break since the Western Armies launch window - so I figured just go with a lot of aggressive infantry play (the game ended with him punishing me with a king tiger, which I had large problems countering - was hard to take away the fuel on langres).

Spread out a few Cons, and bum rush it - some people even go as far and tech for AT nades (personally i don't think that's needed). Flanking works best, Kubels rear armor is only 2 instead of 4.
Maxims work as well, Zis anyways - except you get such a bad case of RNG, but even in worst case it will drive away.
You can also use the mentioned M3 to attack it frontally, and chase it to death.

And last but not least, there's also plenty of early doctrinal stuff that can kill it super easily.
23 Aug 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 12:49 PMMittens
I feel like its a crime to make an AT gun bad against a lightly armored car...

I could imagine if you go to a gun range and try to hit a car sized target with your AT gun you would miss the first shots as well. *g* And "bad" is the wrong word. If it hits, its an instakill.
23 Aug 2015, 13:27 PM

On a side note, i dont understand why some of you keep saying wagon. Its wagen. Kübelwagen.
23 Aug 2015, 13:28 PM

current soviet meta is maxim spam into zis into quad into su76s. -> win. (in a nutshell)
23 Aug 2015, 13:31 PM

Just a quick reminder that the accuracy penalty you take while suppressed doesn't make you miss the Kubelwagon since small arms fire ALWAYS hits vehicles. So if your sitting in front of it while suppressed and he doesn't have support keep shooting, then retreat when your pinned.
23 Aug 2015, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 12:55 PMCorsin

Its really not... just rush an M3. He wont have a shrek by the time your M3 hits the field and ofc no fausts :)

This
23 Aug 2015, 15:15 PM

Just a quick reminder that the accuracy penalty you take while suppressed doesn't make you miss the Kubelwagon since small arms fire ALWAYS hits vehicles. So if your sitting in front of it while suppressed and he doesn't have support keep shooting, then retreat when your pinned.

jesus christ :guyokay:
23 Aug 2015, 16:00 PM
Patrion 310

jesus christ :guyokay:

Try Jesus Christ.

Stop being so anal about people spelling wagen the English way.
23 Aug 2015, 16:25 PM

Stop being so anal about people spelling wagen the English way.

The correct way... :foreveralone:
23 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM
Patrion 310

The correct way... :foreveralone:

Shoo
23 Aug 2015, 16:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ya'll are making me get off the wagen
23 Aug 2015, 17:23 PM

as the Kübelwagen is the name for something, you cant translate it into english :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★