Login

russian armor

USF and potential suggestions for its Design

26 Aug 2015, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 22:41 PMQbix

2. Where other factions simply research an unlock and/or contruct a building in order to enable another tier, USF has to call in a more or less useful unit (very subjective topic) that takes up pop, thus reducing manpower income.

Wow.
Wait.

Wat

Captain Useless? MAJOR useless units?!

26 Aug 2015, 12:40 PM

I thought this was common knowledge by now. The pershing model is already done. It's only a matter of when now.

:hansGASM:
26 Aug 2015, 12:42 PM

Wow.
Wait.

Wat

Captain Useless? MAJOR useless units?!

what exactly can the major do apart from being a living retreat point. his arty sucks (and i like using underused stuff, but this is just too bad) and the recon run doesnt last long enough to keep using it. the fake arty might be worthwhile but it requires vet if i recall it correctly and, aside from that, who will run away when he sees your major dropping his flares of doom onto him.
26 Aug 2015, 12:48 PM

what exactly can the major do apart from being a living retreat point. his arty sucks (and i like using underused stuff, but this is just too bad) and the recon run doesnt last long enough to keep using it. the fake arty might be worthwhile but it requires vet if i recall it correctly and, aside from that, who will run away when he sees your major dropping his flares of doom onto him.

26 Aug 2015, 13:16 PM

got anymore of your fancy bait and dayum memes, may start laughing at some point
26 Aug 2015, 13:23 PM

got anymore of your fancy bait and dayum memes, may start laughing at some point

You took the b8 m8. Never t8 the b8.
26 Aug 2015, 15:20 PM

Lol design changes.

Not gonna happen anytime soon.
26 Aug 2015, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 09:45 AMEsxile
Had some time lately, my contribution:

USF start with same amount of mp and 30 fuel

T0 :
Core Units (no need Tier unlock): RE, ATGun, .50, Ambulance (same prices)
Buying 1 officer unlock grenades
Buying 3 officers reduce all units popcap and upkeep by 1/3

T1 (150mp + 30fu) : 30 seconds to be unlock
RM (260mp)
M20 (340mp 20fu) (skirt purchase remains the same)
Lieutenant (150mp + 40fuel) unlock half-track (300mp 60fu) + unlock BARs

T2 (150mp + 40 fu) : 30 seconds to be unlock
RM (260mp)
Pack Howitzer (380mp)
Captain (150mp + 40 fu) unlock Stuart (240mp 70fu) + unlock Zooks

T3 (150mp + 90 fu) requires T1 +T2. 30 seconds to be unlock
Sherman (340mp + 110fu)
M8A1 motor carriage (260mp + 75fu)
Major (150mp + 30 fu) unlock M36 Jackson (350mp 125fu)

Different build possible:

First RM have 10mp reduction price to compensate the fact you can't buy them anymore from T0 and their late game scaling.

T0 RE spam + MG, allow you to swarm the field and take ground control with MGs. Maybe too powerful, dunno.

T1 fast RM + M20 or fast lieutenant BARs + halftrack. Early 20 is automatically balanced by the fact it doesn't have skirt before 40 munitions and delay your lieutenant and BARs. Fast Lieutenant + BARs should come around the same time as today.

T2 RM + captain + fast stuart, come around the same time as today. Force you to backtech to get BARs. but since you have access to .50 + pack howitzer, it is another way to play.

T3 requires T1 + T2 but not the officers. So you can try a fast sherman or a fast M8A1. Problem is you will be lacking of mobile power and no BARs or Zooks to cover you. But you have Atgun and .50
Fast T3 BO need to be tested to adjust the cost, don't know how it can break the actual balance.

M36 Jackson comes at the same time as today with the Major Unlock.
Only think I added is a general buff once you bought each of the officer, 1/3 popcap and upkeep reduction for a faction struggling late game.

Great contribution! But doesn't this make m20 rush even faster?
26 Aug 2015, 17:33 PM

Yes, maybe make the m20 more sensitive to small arm fire. I imagine the m20 like a kubel but with better survivability at the cost of not suppressing ability.
26 Aug 2015, 17:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I thought this was common knowledge by now. The pershing model is already done. It's only a matter of when now.

\ :foreveralone: /

Is that a calliope portrait I see as well? :foreveralone:

26 Aug 2015, 22:05 PM

Rifles moved to T1, made 4 men by default.

Vet1: Sprint unlocked, +25% accuracy while moving.
Vet2: -25% rec. dmg., -40% cooldown, +1 Paratrooper M1 Carbine slot item, ability costs -50%.
Vet3: +1 man, +1 Paratrooper M1 Carbine slot item, reinforce cost reduced to 23.

Sprint and the acc. while moving bonus at Vet1 are there to promote the 'Gotta flank m8' attitude of the US, and the noted lack of an accuracy buff is countered by the doubled cooldown bonus; I rather liked the idea of accentuating the semi-automatic nature of US arsenal while not slapping silly accuracy buffs on them. Cheaper abilities slow, slightly, the munitions bleed of the faction. Of course, +1 man at Vet3 and a reduced reinforcement cost is welcome. The Paratrooper Carbines are there just for flavor, and because they're generally better than the Garands, but not silly OP.

Bazooka and BAR upgrades separated again; when purchased, BAR upgrade adds 1 BAR slot item to all Rifles (on-field, and those spawned later). They can, of course, grab a second if they so-choose.

AT RNade unlocked w. grenade unlock.

Bazooka cost reduced to 50 MU.

Defensive stance goes away, replaced by vCoH-esque suppressive fire ability.
26 Aug 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 22:05 PMVolsky
Rifles moved to T1, made 4 men by default.

Vet1: Sprint unlocked, +25% accuracy while moving.
Vet2: -25% rec. dmg., -40% cooldown, +1 Paratrooper M1 Carbine slot item, ability costs -50%.
Vet3: +1 man, +1 Paratrooper M1 Carbine slot item, reinforce cost reduced to 23.

Sprint and the acc. while moving bonus at Vet1 are there to promote the 'Gotta flank m8' attitude of the US, and the noted lack of an accuracy buff is countered by the doubled cooldown bonus; I rather liked the idea of accentuating the semi-automatic nature of US arsenal while not slapping silly accuracy buffs on them. Cheaper abilities slow, slightly, the munitions bleed of the faction. Of course, +1 man at Vet3 and a reduced reinforcement cost is welcome. The Paratrooper Carbines are there just for flavor, and because they're generally better than the Garands, but not silly OP.

Bazooka and BAR upgrades separated again; when purchased, BAR upgrade adds 1 BAR slot item to all Rifles (on-field, and those spawned later). They can, of course, grab a second if they so-choose.

AT RNade unlocked w. grenade unlock.

Bazooka cost reduced to 50 MU.

Defensive stance goes away, replaced by vCoH-esque suppressive fire ability.

:thumbsup:
26 Aug 2015, 22:43 PM

i don't know if thats addressing the elephant in the room more like beating a dead horse.
The USF will not be getting a heavy tank any time soon i think its not so much that it wont have an impact it just changes the dynamic how how us i splayed once you get to t-4 i hink relic was intent of making the US a combined arms faction and i think a heavy vehicle supported by Jacksons would be damn near impossible for any armour to beat not to mention zooks and AT guns

Happens all the time in 2v2+ with Jackson and IS-2, I really do not see the point in not adding it.
26 Aug 2015, 22:51 PM

\ :foreveralone: /

Is that a calliope portrait I see as well? :foreveralone:

Maybe...

Seriously guys all I had to do was type in "coh2 pershing" into google to find this stuff, it's not exactly secret.
It's so silly seeing people saying they probably won't add them when we've known about them for months.
26 Aug 2015, 22:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Maybe...

Seriously guys all I had to do was type in "coh2 pershing" to find this stuff, it's not exactly secret.
It's so silly seeing people saying they probably won't add them when we've known about them for months.

I know it just pleases me sexually to see the actual pictures. :foreveralone:
26 Aug 2015, 22:57 PM

The Goliath and many other legacy models have been in the game for over a year and we have not seen any new commanders; so honestly I wouldn't get yer hopes up. Might be the "big announcement" after Brits hit the field, god only knows.
26 Aug 2015, 23:05 PM

The Goliath and many other legacy models have been in the game for over a year and we have not seen any new commanders; so honestly I wouldn't get yer hopes up. Might be the "big announcement" after Brits hit the field, god only knows.

New commanders for the 4 previous factions is much needed. Isn't that announcement supposed to be before the end of the month? Maybe ESL or War Effort?
26 Aug 2015, 23:13 PM

All those specific models are new, though. (The person that we know but i wont say because the name is blurred) knows whether or not things are there from vcoh or new super alpha stuff. Wouldnt just spawn in pictures of whatever while knowing new things exist in places they werent in before.

Not that it 100% means any of it will be put in the game. Relic will do whatever with them when the time is right.
26 Aug 2015, 23:55 PM

Do you think Relic is just going to go "Welp, I guess USF shouldn't have a pershing after all" after months of work modeling and animating these units? I think you are the one with his hopes a little too high.
27 Aug 2015, 00:11 AM

Do you think Relic is just going to go "Welp, I guess USF shouldn't have a pershing after all" after months of work modeling and animating these units? I think you are the one with his hopes a little too high.

If they spent months modeling and animating these units, then why haven't they been released already because it's a pretty dire state of affairs that USF and OKW have been stuck with the same 6 commanders for over a year.

Like hope for the best but expert the worst dude.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★