Login

russian armor

Current Soviet Meta + British = GG Germans?

20 Aug 2015, 03:00 AM

Let me preface this by stating flatly that I play 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 exclusively so unfortunately I can only speak for what I have seen in those arenas for the past month.

Originally I was pretty excited for this patch and returned after a rather lengthy 6 month absence, initially I really enjoyed the changes. That initial enjoyment gave way to irritation and finally disgust at just how ridiculous the current Soviet meta is.

Every game goes exactly the same way:

1) Pick Soviet Shock Army/B4 doctrine
2) Maxim/mortar spam into AT guns
3) If your opponent is building mortars/field guns, counter them easily with 120mm mortars
4) Call in shocks
5) Unleash the quad M5 while your shocks mop up any paks and your mortars level his MG's. Suppress everything in a 10 mile radius.
6) Spam SU-76's using their ridiculous range penetration and FREE artillery ability to push your opponents off the map.
7) Build ML-20s and destroy any OKW trucks and obliterate his infantry
8) Win the game.

I have personally used this strategy countless times with an amazing success rate given my only mediocre skill level. I barely even see any USF in team games anymore due to their incredible inferiority to Soviets. The only real counter to this is close air support, and if I am playing Germans the only way we ever win against a team of equal skill is abusing a clearly broken commander en mass. That's what the game is now, endless bombing vs a team of CAS, or endless shelling vs any Soviet ever.

The only real weakness, if it can be said to even be one, is having the Soviets unable to build bunkers or static emplacements to lockdown territory.

Enter the British.

I remember with utter horror how COH1 changed forever into SIM city Brit rush simulator and was never quite the same for 2 years after the launch of the expansion. I am REALLY REALLY not looking forward to even trying to play against Soviets with Brits perfectly complementing holes in their play style.

Can you imagine trying to deal with Soviet cheese, all the while the British player is simply building mortar pits, mgs, and anti tank emplacements as they slowly push you back? The Ostheer already have virtually no useful artillery, I don't even really see how countering the british is even going to work with the ostheers current state. The OKW might do okay with the walking stukas but overall I am dreading the release of this faction and the potential obliteration of the game balance. The Soviet buffs were just too over the top, and adding the British faction on top of them is going to turn this game into pudding yet again.

At least it will be cool seeing 96% allies and 4% axis while searching.
20 Aug 2015, 03:06 AM
Patrion 14

Why don't you wait for the release before theorizing that UKF will break the meta of 3v3/4v4 where axis usually dominates if all the players are of the same skill ceiling?

If I'm right, Ost and OKW will get their own goodies coming along when UKF is released. So don't expect them to remain unchanged as they are now when they go up against the brits.
20 Aug 2015, 03:08 AM

Why don't you wait for the release before theorizing that UKF will break the meta of 3v3/4v4 where axis usually dominates if all the players are of the same skill ceiling?

If I'm right, Ost and OKW will get their own goodies coming along when UKF is released. So don't expect them to remain unchanged as they are now when they go up against the brits.

Has relic announced new units for the Axis factions?

Also the game has radically shifted. The chances of winning with axis now against a full team of Soviets are pretty much slim to none in public match making if the enemy team knows what its doing. As I said earlier the only time I ever see any success is picking CAS every. single. match.

It gets pretty old after a while. Also I have VERY LITTLE FAITH in Relics legacy of balance given that any new faction they have ever introduced has broken the meta.

Remember TOV? The game was in the shitter for over a year, multiplayer was virtually unplayable. Nothing but super paks and Roo's running around.
20 Aug 2015, 03:22 AM
Patrion 14

Has relic announced new units for the Axis factions?

Also the game has radically shifted. The chances of winning with axis now against a full team of Soviets are pretty much slim to none in public match making if the enemy team knows what its doing. As I said earlier the only time I ever see any success is picking CAS every. single. match.

It gets pretty old after a while. Also I have VERY LITTLE FAITH in Relics legacy of balance given that any new faction they have ever introduced has broken the meta.

Remember TOV? The game was in the shitter for over a year, multiplayer was virtually unplayable. Nothing but super paks and Roo's running around.

If I'm right, there probably will be new commanders for them.

I still find success in random games of 4v4 with OKW/OST(and without CAS funnily). Though I will admit fast t3 from SOV's does give them an huge advantage right now with the fast quad to su-76s. But I don't think the balance is that bad for axis. Stale, but not really that broken(even when the intended balance design is around 1v1s and not 4v4s).

Believe it or not, TOV is still in the stinks even now. Instead of Roos, its staghounds with their infinite firing 50cals which are working as intended™.
20 Aug 2015, 03:28 AM
Patrion 28

don't make threads about things that are not released yet, even if you were in the alpha, even if you end up being right.

it just makes useless trolly, flame filled theory crafting sewers.
20 Aug 2015, 07:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Axis might have trouble in 3's and 4's? GOOD.
20 Aug 2015, 07:20 AM

I remember with utter horror how COH1 changed forever into SIM city Brit rush simulator and was never quite the same for 2 years after the launch of the expansion.

Luckily your not playing COH1 then right? This is COH2 not COH1 isnt it? :luvDerp:
20 Aug 2015, 07:21 AM

Dat anticipation.

Please first play the brits for a week before creating such topics man.
20 Aug 2015, 07:37 AM

Guys, really... Wait until release.
We have no idea what Brits will be like - could be completly different from what we saw druing alpha.
20 Aug 2015, 07:38 AM

The chances of winning with axis now against a full team of Soviets are pretty much slim to none in public match making if the enemy team knows what its doing.

Stop me if I am wrong but didn't the last stats for like the past 2 months or something have axis at 60% win rate in 2v2 and 70% in 3v3 in the top 200?

Even if those numbers have dropped, the idea of axis not being able to win in 2v2 or 3v3 is just completely stupid.

Although that being said considering your previous posts, I think you just like a reason to whine about something.
20 Aug 2015, 07:41 AM

Guys, really... Wait until release.
We have no idea what Brits will be like - could be completly different from what we saw druing alpha.

recent stream doesn't gives much hope :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 07:51 AM

recent stream doesn't gives much hope :foreveralone:

If you play like standard AI, of course. Kappa
20 Aug 2015, 07:58 AM

Wait, so OKW might get lower W/L ratio then 90% in 4v4?

How is that a problem again?
20 Aug 2015, 08:07 AM

They will do it in a way every developer does:
new content will be OP so every FOTMer around will pay for it,
then they will tune it down.

Remember WFA release? Obers and USF AAHT?
20 Aug 2015, 08:36 AM

They will do it in a way every developer does:
new content will be OP so every FOTMer around will pay for it,
then they will tune it down.

Remember WFA release? Obers and USF AAHT?

Unfortunately this is true for most developers. Most new paid content in PvP games are OP at the time of release, and we can't do anything about it. Although I'm not speculating anything and I'm hopeful that Relic will do the right thing, I won't be shocked if I see UKF overperforming. That's why I won't buy it for at least 2-3 months after release.
20 Aug 2015, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 08:36 AMRMMLz

Unfortunately this is true for most developers. Most new paid content in PvP games are OP at the time of release, and we can't do anything about it. Although I'm not speculating anything and I'm hopeful that Relic will do the right thing, I won't be shocked if I see UKF overperforming. That's why I won't buy it for at least 2-3 months after release.

And explain why PvE content is also released as OP?

Its because its impossible to do enough in-house testing.

1 day on live servers can give you more data then a year of in-house testing.

New content everywhere isn't balanced at release, because its impossible to balance it.

Hell, look at diablo 3, purely pve game, you still have op stuff released that later gets re balanced.

If Brits will overpwerform in team games, then worst thing that can happen is balance against OKW that have over 90% w/l ratio there.

For 1v1 brits most certainly will be up.
20 Aug 2015, 08:42 AM

20 Aug 2015, 08:43 AM

An Allied faction with late game advantage is just an incredibly stupid idea. Combine that with the other factions early game advantage and Germans are going to be unplayable.

Also the three factions versus two factions synergy/ flexibility is seriously going to hurt.
20 Aug 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 08:42 AMKatitof

And explain why PvE content is also released as OP?

[...]

Hell, look at diablo 3, purely pve game, you still have op stuff released that later gets re balanced.

How PvE is different? People still pay for OP stuff to abuse it before it gets rebalanced.
20 Aug 2015, 08:53 AM

How PvE is different? People still pay for OP stuff to abuse it before it gets rebalanced.

Yea.. like the op bosses they have to kill, right?

Stuff if being released imbalanced, because its not possible to balance it with limited time/testers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★