Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper ROF

PAGES (10)down
20 Aug 2015, 10:47 AM

I love how there is no normal 'No' answer' :).

OT: Don't mirror it, that would be unbalanced cause of the 2 units / squad for the Sov Sniper.
I don't have any problem with the OST Sniper atm, you can kill it from a mile away.
It's fine imo.

Thats because you haven't play against it as brits.

With current RoF, the moment you build it against brits, congrats! You have won the game.
20 Aug 2015, 10:53 AM
Patrion 14

Why not use Soviet sniper to counter snipe the Ostheer one? :snfCHVGame:

I would love to see the Soviet sniper become a one man squad and get his ROF increased.
Ostheer sniper ROF is maybe a bit too good, but imo the durability is more of a problem.
20 Aug 2015, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 10:53 AMStafkeh

I would love to see the Soviet sniper become a one man squad and get his ROF increased.
Ostheer sniper ROF is maybe a bit too good, but imo the durability is more of a problem.

This

And let me add that perhaps it is not its rate of fire that should be nerfed, but its survivability. Ostheer sniper usually survives any flanking attempt. I don't think that should happen.

It should be used at a longer range. If a 4 men or 5 men squad is firing at him at a close range situation, he should drop down pretty quick.

20 Aug 2015, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 10:53 AMStafkeh
Why not use Soviet sniper to counter snipe the Ostheer one? :snfCHVGame:

Because brits don't have soviet sniper and ost sniper goes back to camo faster then sov sniper can aim and take a shot :snfBarton:
20 Aug 2015, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 10:47 AMKatitof

Thats because you haven't play against it as brits.

With current RoF, the moment you build it against brits, congrats! You have won the game.

Dude, the Brits have changed a lot since the Alpha.
Keep acting like you know the future m9 :banana:
20 Aug 2015, 11:26 AM

Just a gentle reminder that later into the game were duel LMG's hit the field and light vehicle the Brits start having a much easier time versus the sniper. Relic made it pretty clear during the Alpha they wanted to give more counters to snipers, rather than just nerfing them and making them harder to use.

Also the Brit sniper has a slow ROF because it's an Anti-Vehicle unit, not a Anti-Infantry unit.
20 Aug 2015, 11:33 AM

Also the Brit sniper has a slow ROF because it's an Anti-Vehicle unit, not a Anti-Infantry unit.

...........What?
20 Aug 2015, 11:34 AM

On the issue of the Pr0stheer sniper. I would say leave it to professional opinion, as I feel I cannot think of an easy way of solving the issue without causing problems. Paging Dr. Cruzz.
20 Aug 2015, 11:35 AM

im for a small rof nerf and a small hp nerf (or received accuracy increase).
20 Aug 2015, 11:36 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:34 AMVonIvan
On the issue of the Pr0stheer sniper. I would say leave it to professional opinion, as I feel I cannot think of an easy way of solving the issue without causing problems. Paging Dr. Cruzz.

Suggestion was made earlier in the thread to move it to t2. I really like this, gives a chance to get some counters and get established without diminishing the snipers potency
20 Aug 2015, 11:42 AM
Donator 11

Currently I feel OST sniper is too strong due to a combination of RoF, Veteran 1 ability, and survivability. He is rather overpowered to poor USF as he gains veterancy very quickly while inflicting horrendous bleed. Downgrade his rate of fire and MAYBE even put him into tier 2 as well increased recieved accuracy. With the introduction of the WFA and the Brits, snipers are in a very odd spot right now. I recall the days of VCoh and how great Wehrmacht sniper was against the Brits back then. Even if OST sniper was given the mirror rate of fire he has better camo and a extremely good veterancy 1 ability which would make up for the lost of rate of fire.

Terrible, putting him into tier 2 would almost make the sniper obsolete.
-By mid game which tier 2 build would be considered, you already have light-medium vehicles that would rape the sniper.
-This would completely undermine small infantry gameplay and limit it's dimensions.
20 Aug 2015, 11:42 AM

Dude, the Brits have changed a lot since the Alpha.
Keep acting like you know the future m9 :banana:

IS costs 280 - check.
Reinforce costs 35 - check.
4 men squad - check.
Counters no sooner then T2 - check.

I'm not sure that T3 performance, emplacements and doctrinal functionality changes will have much effect on brits being Ost bitch in early game. :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:42 AMKatitof

IS costs 280 - check.
Reinforce costs 35 - check.
4 men squad - check.
Counters no sooner then T2 - check.

I'm not sure that T3 performance, emplacements and doctrinal functionality changes will have much effect on brits being Ost bitch in early game. :foreveralone:

OST were USF early game bitch last patch (and still if you dont stand in MG fire arc), they survived

20 Aug 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:44 AMBlalord

OST were USF early game bitch last patch (and still if you dont stand in MG fire arc), they survived

Not.
Even.
Close.

Hell, even porygon with his hard-on for axis admits it.

We've played that, early game didn't changed at all and I doubt there will be any sever change to it before release.

Its the level of CoH1 PE vs US sniper, except you don't have counters and your squads are much more expensive in comparison.
20 Aug 2015, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:58 AMKatitof

Not.
Even.
Close.

Hell, even porygon with his hard-on for axis admits it.

We've played that, early game didn't changed at all and I doubt there will be any sever change to it before release.

Its the level of CoH1 PE vs US sniper, except you don't have counters and your squads are much more expensive in comparison.

You expected all the OKW truck system to change after WFA beta maybe ? We are here discussing of something not in live, thats stupid
20 Aug 2015, 12:05 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 09:36 AMBlalord

- Kubel bordering OP against USF ? What ?

Dont act stupid

On topic: Its not about if the OSt sniper will be nurfed, but when and how much.
20 Aug 2015, 12:08 PM

On topic: Its not about if the OSt sniper will be nurfed, but when and how much.

Just a gentle reminder that later into the game were duel LMG's hit the field and light vehicle the Brits start having a much easier time versus the sniper. Relic made it pretty clear during the Alpha they wanted to give more counters to snipers, rather than just nerfing them and making them harder to use.
20 Aug 2015, 12:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Oh its definitely getting nurfed. If not ROF, its gonna be hp or received accuracy. Hell maybe all three.

I dont think you all understand. The ost sniper's destructive force against brits is on a level yet unseen in coh2.

It ranks higher than the old m3 and sniper cheese. Shit! Its even worse than the old flamer crits during the thq alpha.

It has to get nurfed. Like, there is no debate.
20 Aug 2015, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 12:01 PMBlalord

You expected all the OKW truck system to change after WFA beta maybe ? We are here discussing of something not in live, thats stupid

We just had presentation of what we'll be getting yesterday.
Same prices.
Same tech structure.
Same units in the tiers.

And OKW isn't really comparable to anything, whatever we speak about in balance or faction design we always have to add "except OKW" thats how much of a special snowflake they are.

If there is going to be a change we don't know of yet, its the ost sniper RoF.
aaa
20 Aug 2015, 12:35 PM

putting smth like ass grens in germ T1 instead of sniper would be very good for balance.
Snipers can be in T3 for both factions. It will also remove its absurd 40+ kills per game.

Now germ sniper have no killer for it at all at any stage of the game.
It cannot be killed by mortar katy. If 6 men squad is firing at it he just doesnt care.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS