Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger poll

20 Aug 2015, 07:21 AM

That's bullocks. If old ISU and B4 weren't OK than the new Sturmtiger is not as well. To repeat my example from another topic. ST is like having Railway artillery shooting from fog of war every minute for free.

for free..???....oh what about getting de-crewed while reloading no.?? doesn't ring a bell.the isu and b4 nerf happened becasue people were abusing it and they had a long range which sturmtiger doesn't and b4 can also fire through fog of war....u don't see people abusing st..?/ do u....sturmtiger is still a niche unit....its a very extremely situaitonal units...if u need help against st in matches...don;t blob and use fast armored units.
20 Aug 2015, 09:08 AM

You pay for the unit and ability is free.

ST is much more effective and devastating than ISU-152 or B4 ever were. Oh the double standards.
20 Aug 2015, 09:39 AM

for free..???....oh what about getting de-crewed while reloading no.??

Don't reload in front of AT guns/tanks/TDs?

doesn't ring a bell.the isu and b4 nerf happened becasue people were abusing it and they had a long range which sturmtiger doesn't and b4 can also fire through fog of war....u don't see people abusing st..?/ do u

How detached from the game you are?
Its easily ab-usable everywhere above 1v1 and even there to an extend. You can still fire into FoW with it with pinpoint accuracy and IR HT makes sure you always hit and not shoot randomly, opposed to B4, you don't need to pay 90 muni for accurate shot each time and opposed to ISU, you have 100% chance to wipe squad or kill med tank with single shot.

....sturmtiger is still a niche unit....its a very extremely situaitonal units...if u need help against st in matches...don;t blob and use fast armored units.

It was situational before the patch.
While its not meta now, its definitely NOT a rare sight.
20 Aug 2015, 21:39 PM
Donator 11

I really love the sturmtiger but it's batshit op on some maps (semois)
I use it a couple of times with the new patch now and nothing justifies it's "alpha damage"
Remove it's ability to fire through houses and buff it's armor, health and time to fire.
With it's speed you should be able to get away with anything than weapon crews.

It would be better to change all explosive weapons:
-decrease lethal aoe area and increase none lethal aoe area
-add suppression to all explosions or only the bigger one

my suggestions would be:

All explosions should suppress like leig18
mortar/grenades/su76(barrage)/medium tanks - very low
leig, pak zis(barrage) - low
tiger/is2/kingtiger - medium
isu/lefh18/ml20/KV2 - high
sturmtiger/demo/50kg bomb/railway - very high

very low: suppresses for 1 second
low: like they do already
medium: a bit stronger than low
high: pins in a small area and suppresses in a larger one
very high: pins in the area a sturmtiger does damage

@Alex:
You vigilantly defend the Sturmtiger, think about it:
While it's dps are probably shit and it's performance is balance with it's price it's simply a wrong unit for coh
Unit preservation is one of the basic ideas of coh and this unit completely ignores this (just like demo and ISU)
20 Aug 2015, 21:53 PM
Benefactor 392

I don't know about anyone here but the whole shoot through objects had to be implimented because the sturm's shell would hit tiny things and instantly expload, both rendered it a useless crap because it hit a wagon inches in it's face, and wiping out all your own units doing so, unable to connect to the target points,

Honestly i don't know why they increased the radius of the rocket's blast because it was just fine before.

as for the range that it has, it needed the range to be honest.

edit: also i think the pen wasn't needed in the last patch, since it was fine before patch.
22 Aug 2015, 01:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Should shoot through anything except buildings and dense forests.
22 Aug 2015, 01:36 AM

Sturmtiger on Langres is really frustrating.

What happened to Relics goal of removing uncontrollable and random wipes? This unit is like the meaning of that lol.
22 Aug 2015, 01:44 AM

I don't know about anyone here but the whole shoot through objects had to be implimented because the sturm's shell would hit tiny things and instantly expload, both rendered it a useless crap because it hit a wagon inches in it's face, and wiping out all your own units doing so, unable to connect to the target points,

Cruzz recently confirmed that it's possible to design a unit that can shoot through objects and cover while being unable to shoot through shot blockers such as houses. The sturmtiger obviously needs to still be able to shoot through objects so it can hit its target but the ability to shoot through houses and trees is too much and must go.

If you think loosing full rifle squads is bad wait until you start loosing full 5-man tommy squads to it.
22 Aug 2015, 12:46 PM

If you had to keep one of the changes to the Sturm Tiger form the last patch and lose the other which do you think would make for the most balanced game play?

This poll is retarded. What's the point of a poll with 1 answer?

Sturmtiger shooting through buildings was OVER A YEAR GO!

There was NO CHANGE TO THE STURMTIGER'S DAMAGE last patch.

Penetration increased from 150 to 1000
Range increased from 40 to 45
AOE Penetration increased to 1000
Damage at Far increased from 0.05 to 0.30
22 Aug 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2015, 12:46 PMdpfarce

Well, they are scraping bottom of the barrel, because KT, obers etc are nerfed, and now is unusual to not whine against something-something OKW, if ST gets under a nerf hammer, my money is on that pesky 6-man fusiliers will be new whine meta on coh2.org
22 Aug 2015, 13:51 PM

Well they changed the damage in 2 ways;

1. It used to do very very low damage at far (7.5 to 10) like not even enough to take half health off an infantry squad

2. It used to fail to pen tanks a lot.

That said I think they should either leave it as is or just turn it into an artillery piece.
23 Aug 2015, 21:14 PM

learn to read before you make comments in caps, i already addressed that. i'll admit i made a mistake, can you?
23 Aug 2015, 22:55 PM
Donator 11

Well, they are scraping bottom of the barrel, because KT, obers etc are nerfed, and now is unusual to not whine against something-something OKW, if ST gets under a nerf hammer, my money is on that pesky 6-man fusiliers will be new whine meta on coh2.org

:romeoPls: I can only imagine how much whine there would be if allies had anything equivalent to the Sturmtiger. It would be precisionstrike2.0
23 Aug 2015, 23:27 PM

:romeoPls: I can only imagine how much whine there would be if allies had anything equivalent to the Sturmtiger. It would be precisionstrike2.0

Wait for AVRE nerf threads :megusta:
24 Aug 2015, 00:37 AM
Benefactor 392

Wait for AVRE nerf threads :megusta:

:megusta:
24 Aug 2015, 05:03 AM
Patrion 39

Most glaring issue with the Sturmtiger at the moment is the unfixed reload bug that people exploit with that commander.
24 Aug 2015, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 21:39 PMChiro
Snip

very low: suppresses for 1 second

Snip

This is called "Infantry reactions". Infantry used to crawl and seek cover for about a second or two after an explosion near them (Even hand help AT like PzSchreck) or tank shells. ReliK disabled this a long time ago to allow infantry to rush enemy lines. I would give my soul to Satan to see this in game again. IMO Infantry reactions-If adjusted-would be a huge nerf for blobs. Just one or two seconds of crawling and you'll have a better chance stopping them.

I also agree with nerfing the alpha damage of all explosives but increasing their AoE damage and radius. As for ST, I want it to be a hard counter for blobs, but right now it easily counters tanks, specially in smaller maps which you can exploit shot blockers and one shot your opponents tanks, for free.

IMO, it should fire a lot faster (like 2 sec aim time), with previous penetration (100-150). Its damage should also be nerfed so it doesn't insta wipe tanks even if the shot penetrates. This way, the blob should either stay and die, or the have to retreat. With this changes, they can nerf its range to even less than 40.
24 Aug 2015, 15:03 PM

the explosion seens huge but doesnt kill anyone.
That´s annoying and ugly.
More AOE
25 Aug 2015, 09:55 AM

I think the ST is now perfectly fine. No need for change.

AVRE will put the whole unit in a new perspective anyway... :)
25 Aug 2015, 10:39 AM

the explosion seens huge but doesnt kill anyone.
That´s annoying and ugly.
More AOE

this either avre will ger heavy nerf or sturmtige needs to get buff...i think the problem here is that sturtiger veterancy all 5 star sucks compared to avre vets which are quite relevant to the units
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★