Sturmtiger poll

Which one of the two buffs should have been implemented
Option Distribution Votes
45%
55%
Total votes: 83
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Aug 2015, 19:46 PM

If you had to keep one of the changes to the Sturm Tiger form the last patch and lose the other which do you think would make for the most balanced game play?
18 Aug 2015, 19:51 PM

Ability to shoot through objects, we are talking about a massive shell here, of course it will go through certain objects. Although I hate the thing and it has killed to many of my units, I don't want it to return to the Sturmtiger's shells hitting a little bush and exploding.

18 Aug 2015, 19:53 PM

I have been informed that the sturm could shoot through objects for quite some time, so just disregard that little bit about "since the new patch" question still stand though.
18 Aug 2015, 20:04 PM
Donator 11

By far shooting through objects. The old sturmtiger could reliably wipe one squad and kill a bunch of stuff in its AOE, now it wipes everything.

If it can shoot through shotblockers in the FOW then there needs to be a chance for the squad to survive.
18 Aug 2015, 20:04 PM

I have been informed that the sturm could shoot through objects for quite some time, so just disregard that little bit about "since the new patch" question still stand though.

Alrighty, but define 'objects'. Do you mean buildings? Do you mean bushes? Do You mean trees?
18 Aug 2015, 20:09 PM

By far shooting through objects. The old sturmtiger could reliably wipe one squad and kill a bunch of stuff in its AOE, now it wipes everything.

If it can shoot through shotblockers in the FOW then there needs to be a chance for the squad to survive.

Before it couldn't reliably wipe one squad because the damage drop off at far was insane. The damage modifier at far used to be .003, which was changed to .3 with the new patch.

In the previous patch at all areas beyond 7.5 in it's 10 meter blast radius it did approx 32 damage.
18 Aug 2015, 20:15 PM
Donator 11

Before it couldn't reliably wipe one squad because the damage drop off at far was insane. The damage modifier at far used to be .003, which was changed to .3 with the new patch.

In the previous patch at all areas beyond 7.5 in it's 10 meter blast radius it did approx 32 damage.

And I thought that was perfectly fine. I actually don't like the change, because I liked the PIV call ins and the T4 sturmtiger.

But then again, I think a lot of the very powerful units should be reworked.
18 Aug 2015, 20:20 PM

And I thought that was perfectly fine. I actually don't like the change, because I liked the PIV call ins and the T4 sturmtiger.

But then again, I think a lot of the very powerful units should be reworked.

Well the PIV call in's were shit and the T4 Sturmtiger was the least built tank in the game so....
18 Aug 2015, 20:34 PM
Donator 11

Well the PIV call in's were shit and the T4 Sturmtiger was the least built tank in the game so....

No, the PIVs were fine it was the commander that was bad. To fix it they gave it a death cannon. I guarantee the majority of people who use elite armor today only use it to get the sturm tiger and ignore all other abilities. Rather than making people want to use elite armor by giving it a gimmicky unit, they should have looked at other abilities that would synergize with the premise.

But that requires work. :snfQuinn:
18 Aug 2015, 20:36 PM

No, the PIVs were fine it was the commander that was bad.

The commander was bad and the PIV's were bad. Nobody want's to pay 210 fuel for two sub-par medium tanks that come way to late when you could spend that fuel on a Command Panther, or just wait to get a KT.

Also OKW needed a non-doctrinal medium tank, switching the Sturmtiger and PIV just killed two birds with one stone.
18 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM
Donator 11

The commander was bad and the PIV's were bad. Nobody want's to pay 210 fuel for two sub-par medium tanks that come way to late when you could spend that fuel on a Command Panther, or just wait to get a KT.

Also OKW needed a non-doctrinal medium tank, switching the Sturmtiger and PIV just killed two birds with one stone.

Now the commander is bad and has a gimmicky unit. Hooray relic.

OKW needed a non doctrinal medium tank? People keep saying that but I haven't actually heard a compelling argument for it.
18 Aug 2015, 20:54 PM

OKW needed a non doctrinal medium tank? People keep saying that but I haven't actually heard a compelling argument for it.

The issue was that there was a thing called "The Panther Gap" and that your only mobile AT that could take punishment was the Panther. Since the JPIV and Rackten are supposed to be used re-actively and for ambushes not slug fests. So your first mobile durable AT platform was 175 fuel gated behind 80 fuel and a fuel reduction disability on top of that. There was also no durable AI platform other than the KT for late game use.

If you want a good sign the OKW changes were positive, in 2v2 and 1v1 OKW used to be the least played faction; now it rivals Ostheer.
18 Aug 2015, 21:38 PM
Donator 11

The issue was that there was a thing called "The Panther Gap" and that your only mobile AT that could take punishment was the Panther. Since the JPIV and Rackten are supposed to be used re-actively and for ambushes not slug fests. So your first mobile durable AT platform was 175 fuel gated behind 80 fuel and a fuel reduction disability on top of that. There was also no durable AI platform other than the KT for late game use.

If you want a good sign the OKW changes were positive, in 2v2 and 1v1 OKW used to be the least played faction; now it rivals Ostheer.

"The Panther Gap" is 2-3 minutes. Also, the faction with the most AT options hardly struggled in the mid again against tanks. Panther could come out at 16-17 minutes easily. A JPIV can come out shortly after soviet T3 and Stuart. Not to mention you shouldn't be arguing how a raketen and a jpiv are supposed to be used when the idea of a generalist tank goes against what OKW is supposed to be, a faction that has strong hard hitting specialized units.

OKW didn't need a tank against late game infantry either. That is what the vet 5 system is for.

But both of us are just arguing opinion so it doesn't really matter. :luvDerp:
18 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM
Donator 11

The Sturmtiger shouldnt be able to fire through buildings.. thats a really dumb design choice imo.

18 Aug 2015, 22:25 PM

Im picking Sturmtiger if I get schwerer and 2 obers (no need for Jaegers or Fusiliers then).

And I did that in last 3 games.

Trois-Ponts.
Lierneux.
Dont remember third one.

Games were mostly even or with our slighty advantage.
But once Sturmtiger hits the field, it was devastatiing for enemies.
Constant radio signal ON to spot vehicles on mini-map, and shooting them with ST.

True horror for enemies.

Last one was amazing.
2 SU76s keeping away teammate's PzIV and holding last VPs.
ST fires, both die, surrender.
19 Aug 2015, 10:31 AM

Alrighty, but define 'objects'. Do you mean buildings? Do you mean bushes? Do You mean trees?

Good question. And of course the answer is bushes and trees, buildings and big wreckage would be ridiculous. And it has to shoot through small object so the shell doesn't explode before it hits its target (remember when it could wipe your own units?)
19 Aug 2015, 10:52 AM

Said it before and ill say it again, they need to tier shot blockers...

Have trees bushes fences ect as a separate thing (that the STiger should be able to shoot through) and have buildings as something separate.
19 Aug 2015, 11:19 AM
19 Aug 2015, 12:58 PM

ST is cool and fine as it is

this.....st is in fine position...i have watched/played several matches..with st and its op...its actually very situational niche unit...and yeah i know all this sturmtiger nerf threads are attemps of allied fanboys so relic gets annoyed by these thread and nerfs st..so it will be a useless unit again...anyways st is nothing compared to vet 3 A.V.R.E,the we will see how this allied fanboys defend it then
20 Aug 2015, 05:49 AM

this.....st is in fine position...i have watched/played several matches..with st and its op...its actually very situational niche unit...and yeah i know all this sturmtiger nerf threads are attemps of allied fanboys so relic gets annoyed by these thread and nerfs st..so it will be a useless unit again...anyways st is nothing compared to vet 3 A.V.R.E,the we will see how this allied fanboys defend it then

That's bullocks. If old ISU and B4 weren't OK than the new Sturmtiger is not as well. To repeat my example from another topic. ST is like having Railway artillery shooting from fog of war every minute for free.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
United States 16
United Kingdom 81
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %