Login

russian armor

Annihilation Automatch

18 Aug 2015, 04:18 AM

Anyone else wish that they had annihilation in Automatch? I can't stand VP anymore because it limits gameplay unlike Annihilation, where there is no clear goal other than to kill your opponent.
18 Aug 2015, 04:20 AM

The game isn't balanced around annihilation. All it would be is light vehicle base raping and spamming offmaps with cheap troops going into their base.
18 Aug 2015, 04:31 AM

Meanwhile I've actually seen more balance and tactics in Annihilation. All I see in VP is the enemy team securing the VP and then they just turtle around it and then you have no choice but to surrender. In Annihilation, without any point to turtle you have free reign.
nee
18 Aug 2015, 04:37 AM

It would make for longer matches since it requires taking out the enemy base, which includes taking out the base MGs and constantly dealing with new units coming in, on top of the optimal tactic of taking the whole map to deny resources to the enemy.
At least for VP, taking out the enemy base is just an option, and usually a less efficient one.

I normally play custom annihilation matches these days, for the harder games, it averages 40-60 minutes, which I can understand most people not wanting to spend that amount of time on a single match.
18 Aug 2015, 05:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 04:37 AMnee

At least for VP, taking out the enemy base is just an option, and usually a less efficient one.

FYI,

B-)
18 Aug 2015, 05:40 AM

I mean don't get me wrong if you're pressed for time I'd stick to VP matches although a balanced and well played VP match could last up to 50 minutes. I was just basically taught how to play COH back when the first game came out and Annihilation was all I did up until now in COH2 I just started automatch a month ago and it's weird because I'm an Annihilation-bred player. Finding the right doctrine and faction has a lot to do with it too.
nee
18 Aug 2015, 05:45 AM

Thing is, you either cant decide if it's VP or Ann. match the same way you cannot decide what AI difficulty without unchecking the boxes. And I doubt Relic will revise the AI just to add another option box to deal with that.
18 Aug 2015, 06:27 AM

They should broaden the game options I believe. For people who say we should only have VP, all I have to say about that is "Imagine Call of Duty, but the only game type available in the game is Headquarter." You wouldn't wanna play it right? lol.
18 Aug 2015, 06:43 AM

To divide the player base into two? No thank you.
18 Aug 2015, 07:14 AM
Patrion 27

They should broaden the game options I believe. For people who say we should only have VP, all I have to say about that is "Imagine Call of Duty, but the only game type available in the game is Headquarter." You wouldn't wanna play it right? lol.

Custom Matches have annihilation and there's no reason to add it to automatch.

/thread
18 Aug 2015, 07:21 AM

You can make custom VP matches too so that's not even a valid point. The point I'm trying to make is that it's unfair that I have hundreds of matches played in Custom and there is no record of it whatsoever. I don't even play AI or anything I just wait for people to join and we just do a regular player match. I'd like there to be some way of recording those statistics so I and other people can see them. vCOH had it, so I see no reason not to bring it back.
18 Aug 2015, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 06:43 AMRMMLz
To divide the player base into two? No thank you.

Lol, like we have a big player base right now
18 Aug 2015, 07:28 AM

Anyone else wish that they had annihilation in Automatch? I can't stand VP anymore because it limits gameplay unlike Annihilation, where there is no clear goal other than to kill your opponent.

Do you have time for ...like... a 2 hours game or so?
18 Aug 2015, 07:31 AM

I can't remember the last time I played a 2 hour game in Annihilation. In the first COH the games were longer because every map had chokepoints, but in COH2 the majority of the maps feature many positions to flank from and make creating chokepoints impossible the majority of the time. I can tell the difference between automatch players and custom match players by that general assumption that the games take forever and people dump units into your base lol.
18 Aug 2015, 07:34 AM

I'm quite sure relic won't implement automatch for gamemode which would result in 100% axis wins.

Also, if anything limits gameplay, its the annihilation, vp games force you to act, annihilation makes you camp on your caches until you can spam heaviest armor possible.
18 Aug 2015, 07:37 AM

I can't remember the last time I played a 2 hour game in Annihilation. In the first COH the games were longer because every map had chokepoints, but in COH2 the majority of the maps feature many positions to flank from and make creating chokepoints impossible the majority of the time. I can tell the difference between automatch players and custom match players by that general assumption that the games take forever and people dump units into your base lol.

80% of my games in COH1 were annihilation matches so I know the issue.
COH 1 is different from COH2. The fact that in COH1 an annihilation game can take less than an hour it doesn't mean that in COH2 it's the same thing. And for sure, it isn't. In a balanced game between equal or close skilled players, you simply cannot have such a powerfull army in a reasonable time to wreck a base. At least that is what I believe.
18 Aug 2015, 07:37 AM

Isn't that what people do in VP? Sit on their caches/VPs and spam the heaviest armor possible? I've personally seen it happen more in automatch.
18 Aug 2015, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 07:37 AMJohnnyB

80% of my games in COH1 were annihilation matches so I know the issue.
COH 1 is different from COH2. The fact that in COH1 an annihilation game can take less than an hour it doesn't mean that in COH2 it's the same thing. And for sure, it isn't. In a balanced game between equal or close skilled players, you simply cannot have such a powerfull army in a reasonable time to wreck a base. At least that is what I believe.

Yeah I've played a lot of really good players in custom matches and people sort of do the same thing they would do under standard resources in VP but with more room to sort of stretch their legs. That's mainly why I enjoy it so much is because you don't feel that restraint bearing down on you like in automatch. It's sort of like a freedom to not be bound to any single objective. I just think it'd be nice to have both game types recognized and counted for so that it appeals to both play styles.
18 Aug 2015, 11:19 AM

Lol, like we have a big player base right now

How is that funny? That only makes his point even more valid.
18 Aug 2015, 11:22 AM

Nope.. I dont have 2-3 hours to finish a game..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★