Login

russian armor

When to build what?

10 Aug 2015, 10:12 AM

I understand the concepts:

Heavy MG start? Tech nades ASAP
Infantry heavy? Build Ambulance
Floating muni? Tech BARs

Yet I fail to adhere to these almost every game. I will have 5+ riflemen and opt to rush out a Stuart than an ambulance, I feel like I NEED to put that pressure on the enemy. Hell there are more than a few games where I don't build an ambulance at all, don't tech nades or BARs.

Are the above 'unwritten' rules set in stone, are they detrimental to success, and if so at what stage should it be done? Should I sacrifice my Stuart for 1 minute longer as I build an ambulance and heal my squads?

Should I tech BARs before CPT, delaying it by almost half but gaining a firepower advantage early game?

When, what and why should you tech for the now vs teching for the long game as I feel this is whats letting me down in the majority of my losses.
10 Aug 2015, 10:29 AM

My personal BO is

Rifle x3
RE x1
Captain x1
Pack Howitzer/AT gun (poorer map control = AT gun first) x1
Stuart x1
Major x1
M4/M36 (M36 if poorer map control)
BARs
Grenades
Ambulance

Note: This is a 2v2 build order and most of the time in 2v2, I skip the ambulance since I have a Soviet teammate whose hospital I just use unless it's on Rails and Metals. In 1v1, my ambulance comes after the Stuart.

It gives me extra capping power without the 7 pop of the 4th rifle squad. They're also good as BAR platforms later on in the game since they gain vet quite fast with the BARs which makes them good at repairing as well allowing you to keep your crews insides the tank so falls/jager don't wreck them while repairing. The REs are also good at taking hits while in cover or scouting since they don't bleed so much mp compared to Rifles. Taking damage also makes them get vet faster IIRC.

10 Aug 2015, 10:41 AM

Light vehicle first priority, then nades/BARs/Ambo. Keep no more than four riflemen squads at a time. Double RE starts are more effective vs Ost imo.
10 Aug 2015, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 10:12 AMLatch
I understand the concepts:

Heavy MG start? Tech nades ASAP
Infantry heavy? Build Ambulance
Floating muni? Tech BARs

Yet I fail to adhere to these almost every game. I will have 5+ riflemen and opt to rush out a Stuart than an ambulance, I feel like I NEED to put that pressure on the enemy. Hell there are more than a few games where I don't build an ambulance at all, don't tech nades or BARs.

Are the above 'unwritten' rules set in stone, are they detrimental to success, and if so at what stage should it be done? Should I sacrifice my Stuart for 1 minute longer as I build an ambulance and heal my squads?

Should I tech BARs before CPT, delaying it by almost half but gaining a firepower advantage early game?

When, what and why should you tech for the now vs teching for the long game as I feel this is whats letting me down in the majority of my losses.

If you don't adapt to the map/opponent build/doctrine you're not going to do anything good. The unwritten rule is simply #adapt.
Rushing Stuart isn't the answer to any challenge you'll face during the game.

10 Aug 2015, 16:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

4 rifles captain Stuart >all the upgrades and ambulance>#adapt if it's OKW, you need more "beef" vs them. Always be on the offensive. Maybe add 2nd RE as bazooka team.

if ostheer
2 re 3 rifle start to tech captain then ass engy, with smoke/bars, or flamer upgrade, ambulance, then Stuart, then #adapt

Vs ostheer, do not push their cutoff/fuel etc until you have smoke and Stuart and all your infantry prepped and ready.
Just cap intellegently with your 2 RE and if you come under an aggressive early attack on your fuel etc,keep your riflemen in ambush reactionary positions,so they don't just get insta suppressed and owned by an MG: gren push,and just do your best to hold/backcap so you can maintain a good fuel income and push out your upgrades.(20-24 fu a minute)

That should be your main objective. Hold out until better supplies get on the line, then, turn the tables and get aggressive.
10 Aug 2015, 17:53 PM

it's OKW, you need more "beef" vs them.

Can confirm.
11 Aug 2015, 05:47 AM

I'm struggling mainly vs OKW because their forces aren't so easily beaten by USF early on if managed well. Ostheer is very easy for me personally to deal with because early riflemen are more than enough to push their Grens around until you get BARs and Zooks on the field and by that point a Halftrack wouldn't be as effective due to your access to Zooks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★