Login

russian armor

(2-4) Randaberg

8 Aug 2015, 19:42 PM

This is a map I made heavily based on pictures, maps and interviews of people living in my home town during the war. Allthough this area only saw minor action during the war, such as planes being shot down and supply ships being bombed offshore, I figured the area would make a great map for CoH2.

I hope you guys will have just as much fun destroying my hometown that I had! :crazy:
- And also feedback would be much appreciated :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495788085

9 Aug 2015, 09:12 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The map is very accomplished. People like to play with real maps. Only downside is the glut of homes on the east side and there are very long miniwalls.

Some things can be solved:

-There are some bunkers that must be moved for more space for troops (some block tanks)
-This house (A)is very dangerous so close to the base, replace by some lumber_m_01

2.Bunkers that must be moved for more space for troops

3.Destroyed fences, to have more access to troops

-Add hedges and trees to block the sight on both sides.
-Fences destroyed, to have more access to troops

-(A)Destroyed Fences, to have more access to troops
-(B)Add open door to fences, to have more access to troops
-(C)Destroyed Fences,(with crash tank if you have time)

9 Aug 2015, 15:57 PM

Thank you so much for this extensive reply!
First off, how do you make the images that you use here?

And onto your pointers:

House A in image 1 is a visual object with impass around it and has no utility in-game, but I realized that it has no LOS-blocking, so I will update that. The house will remain where it is.

I have now moved the base bunkers to roughly the positions you suggested.

I figured I'd leave the cemetery largely as it is. I only made the entry points slightly larger to allow light vehicles access, and added a destroyed fence near your suggested spot.

The thing with this area is, that there was very little vegetation during the days of the war. Practically all trees were planted by the people living there, and this makes it hard to create a realistic map, that is also good for gameplay. The area around the municipal house (north munition point) had no such thing. I will however experiment a bit with this area because I realized early that it would be a difficuly area to play.

I adjusted the openings in the stone walls to better fit light vehicles. I added some destroyed walls where you suggested, and added a crashed tank. I have to say it looked amazing. But as long stonewalls are a trademark for this area, I decided to keep them largely untouched.
10 Aug 2015, 09:05 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I forgot to tell me a few things:

- Screens bunkers: I press F12 without moving the camera, then cut them with gimp.
- Adds a signature to the loading screen
- If this is the best option. I should have thought a little more:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
United States 6
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L