Login

russian armor

Is it because of the holidays...

7 Aug 2015, 10:58 AM

...That many people in the forum make me feel so uneasy.

Since a couple of days (maybe more, maybe since the last patch deployment in fact), I have the impression the rage between players and fanboism fights have taken a huge boost overwhelming the usual general discussion.
I can't find a thread involving somewhat balance or gameplay when after a couple of replies the OP receives an arty barrage of L2P/Fanboy/Troll going very high (the way I interpret it in the forum).

I see now people who were before more or less neutral in their replies going hard and aggressive in one or the other direction. Some guys can't open a thread without being personally insulted and considered as retarded etc... I agree some of them probably need to be kind of educated on the forum usage and thread spam abuse but I think this is the role of the moderation to do so, many players are doing dark/white knight of the forum instead of contacting them.

Listening the majority of the people, the game hasn't been more enjoyable since the last patch but it is not reflected in this forum where, if the balance is that good and the meta open and interesting as many claim, discussions should be much more peaceful.
I have ever see someone posting on a Faction dedicated sub-forum "how to/new meta basic question/stuff" being assist by a couple of players, not playing the faction, not bringing any contribution to the topic, just being rude with him just because they don't like the faction.

Don't take it as a troll but lately, I found the official fora much more friendly than Coh2.org/coh2 sections.

Am I the only one? is the the Holiday effect?
7 Aug 2015, 11:02 AM
Patrion 15

I'd put some decent money on it being the "Holiday effect". Lots of Schools on holiday means more kids (for lack of a better word, I don't mean this in a demeaning way like its often used) moaning on the forums.

Plus, it's easy to be a dbag on a forum - no one can get you back.

People can be really salty at the moment.
7 Aug 2015, 11:11 AM

Lately? It seems to me like the overwhelming majority of the community for this game has always been a bunch of whiny, toxic crybabies.
7 Aug 2015, 11:13 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moving to Scrap Yard
7 Aug 2015, 11:26 AM

I'd put some decent money on it being the "Holiday effect". Lots of Schools on holiday means more kids (for lack of a better word, I don't mean this in a demeaning way like its often used) moaning on the forums.

Plus, it's easy to be a dbag on a forum - no one can get you back.

People can be really salty at the moment.

But Katitof is always here?

Lol on a serious note...

I think the issue is that relic tends to listen to stupid ideas all too often...

If we look back to the ISU152 dark age
Or the Tigerace vanilla
or the current M5
Or the Ptrs snipers
or the CAS doctrine..
or USF as a whole
or Ostheer Pwerfer
or ML20 with 300 damage

I think when someone comes out with a stupid idea... there is a sense of panic in the community which can turn hostile and mean because they're worried relic will listen to it.
7 Aug 2015, 11:54 AM

An other part of this holiday effect is that people make useless topics about other peoples behavior on a fan site that has great moderation and admins.

I think this "holiday effect" you speak off is a direct result of people being tired of starting useless topics (LIKE THIS ONE HE-HE)

Kappa.

7 Aug 2015, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 11:11 AMKothre
Lately? It seems to me like the overwhelming majority of the community for this game has always been a bunch of whiny, toxic crybabies.

Yes it is true, but lately I have the feeling people get more cranky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment