Login

russian armor

Why do YOU prefer Axis over Allies?

PAGES (9)down
30 Jul 2015, 23:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

3v3+ with casualmates: at that ELO rank Allies player generally can't abuse the usage of certain units. So i can just play peacefully with 1 Pio + 2 MG/Grens into whatever i want. CAS/Jaeger armor and you are golden. No stress.

If i have to play as allies, i've to "carry" and go full clowncar or M5/T70 (even before patch) rush and keep the aggro.

For 2v2 and 1v1, whatever i feel like to play.
31 Jul 2015, 01:55 AM

cooler toys, look at pack 40 vs zis -3, zis-3 looks so ugly, so is p4 vs T34 vs sherman, only reason i use SU is i can hear chick voice some times. USF, meh..
31 Jul 2015, 02:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If we removed vet 5 and gave OKW full fuel income it would make the faction a lot less gimmicky. Balancing around gimmicks is dumb and forcing a player to artificially be behind the vehicle curve but giving more vet "in return" is silly because it forces players into strategies they don't like.

Relic is slowly moving towards a more realistic less gimmicky design for OKW, no more fuel penalty is just the logical conclusion of that.

The factions need something more significant to differentiate themselves. I miss how in vCoH each faction had very different ways veterancy worked. It's very disappointing how UKF will have the same veterancy system as the normal three armies.
31 Jul 2015, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 02:13 AMTobis

The factions need something more significant to differentiate themselves. I miss how in vCoH each faction had very different ways veterancy worked. It's very disappointing how UKF will have the same veterancy system as the normal three armies.

It doesn't actually, UKF units only have 3 vet levels but they have insanely powerful vet bonus's. Like effectively 5 levels of vet squished into 3 (which is what they should have done with OKW).

And OKW player different enough to Ostheer anyway even if it didn't have vet 5.
31 Jul 2015, 04:52 AM
Patrion 28

the 222 looks really cool and the V is forgiving unit.
31 Jul 2015, 05:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Basically, they are cooler
31 Jul 2015, 05:10 AM

Don't see inflated axis #s... Allied fanboy loaded question fail
31 Jul 2015, 05:14 AM
31 Jul 2015, 05:27 AM

Basically, they are cooler

Wehrmacht isn't really that cool tbh. Only cool units they have are PzGrens, sniper, brumbar, and TA. OKW gets Stuka, Sturms, Obers, sturmtiger, falls, fusies, and so many awesome goodies.
31 Jul 2015, 06:11 AM

Ostheer is a verry versatile faction, you have many tools to work with, you can use many tactics. It favors imagination, realy. OKW is all about firepower and its cool and strong units. Nowadays is even cooler, due to awsome changes made by Relic.

That being said, I must state that, from fun point of view, I really cannot say that I have more fun with a faction than with the others. The game it's almost perfect at this stage, I enjoy every single faction, I begun liking soviets. Untill now I was playing them just to be aware of what they can do, and for a place in the ladders. Now, I am playing them because I like it.

From armies / historical point of view I will still prefer Axis. They had the coolest vehicles, airplanes and uniforms. They had the best designers. I like armies which with verry little achieved verry much due to discipline, proper training, performant and advanced equipement and beside all that looking cool also, like: romans, Napoleon's french army, germans in WW2.
31 Jul 2015, 06:34 AM

Permanently Banned

Wehrmacht isn't really that cool tbh. Only cool units they have are PzGrens, sniper, brumbar, and TA. OKW gets Stuka, Sturms, Obers, sturmtiger, falls, fusies, and so many awesome goodies.

Alright yeah ur right, wehr just gives me that professional straight edge feel. I feel like they are the most enjoyable and satisfying faction to use combined arms with. Okw has all the cool shit, plus nothing feels more badass than having vet 5 elite units like obers if you can get them. USF just feels kind of lacking until I can get like dual jacksons, for soviets it actually feels satisfying when I lose a shit ton of units but still end up winning. That whole pyrrhic victory feel is just what I like out of soviets.

I just wish allies would get a few of their units slightly buffed. Germans have a lot less useless units, giving them overall more variety because you have units that perform for cost. Thus they are more fun because you aren't punished as hard for going different strats.
31 Jul 2015, 06:39 AM

It doesn't actually, UKF units only have 3 vet levels but they have insanely powerful vet bonus's. Like effectively 5 levels of vet squished into 3 (which is what they should have done with OKW).

And OKW player different enough to Ostheer anyway even if it didn't have vet 5.

the rifle vet is even worse than the Grenadier vet (10% acc less) and you want to compare this to the 5 star vet of OKW?

For me Germans are less micro intensive than Allies (and my teammate wants to use the Sturmtiger all the time)

But i also like to play Soviets because i have more mobility in the early game.
31 Jul 2015, 06:55 AM

After watching "Band of brothers" I prefer playing USF. Mainly I play Russians, because oh well iam Russian. Also, Wehrmacht is cool too for me. Hate OKW, I don't like their design and conception of some units.
31 Jul 2015, 06:57 AM

What if I told you... that I preferred Allies...?

I'm no friend to our heroic axis fanboys but this question is way too loaded for a reasonable discussion.
31 Jul 2015, 07:06 AM

Cos Soviet smell really bad.
31 Jul 2015, 07:18 AM

After watching "Band of brothers" I prefer playing USF. Mainly I play Russians, because oh well iam Russian. Also, Wehrmacht is cool too for me. Hate OKW, I don't like their design and conception of some units.

Then watch Stalingrad too. :)
31 Jul 2015, 07:37 AM

Naaah, not true in my case, coz I love stomping down poor Wehrchies with crude, brutal arty like 120mm and katyusha and recently also with a pack of su76s.

Soviets seem more...brutal? ("We fucked up that squad!")
31 Jul 2015, 07:41 AM

If we removed vet 5 and gave OKW full fuel income it would make the faction a lot less gimmicky. Balancing around gimmicks is dumb and forcing a player to artificially be behind the vehicle curve but giving more vet "in return" is silly because it forces players into strategies they don't like.

Relic is slowly moving towards a more realistic less gimmicky design for OKW, no more fuel penalty is just the logical conclusion of that.

Without fuel penalty and munition penalty , king tiger must go off normal teching , teching building must cost as much as cost others teching buildings , puma need to go to 80 fuel as otheer puma cost , stuka must cost at least 120 fuel , luhs cos need to be increased to 70 becuase it is in same category as t 70 and USA lilpanzer stuart .

If they do it like this + remove vet 4 and vet 5 and remove kingtiger , it would be fine.

EDIT: I prefer more alies. because they have mobility
31 Jul 2015, 09:14 AM

Alright yeah ur right, wehr just gives me that professional straight edge feel. I feel like they are the most enjoyable and satisfying faction to use combined arms with. Okw has all the cool shit, plus nothing feels more badass than having vet 5 elite units like obers if you can get them. USF just feels kind of lacking until I can get like dual jacksons, for soviets it actually feels satisfying when I lose a shit ton of units but still end up winning. That whole pyrrhic victory feel is just what I like out of soviets.

I just wish allies would get a few of their units slightly buffed. Germans have a lot less useless units, giving them overall more variety because you have units that perform for cost. Thus they are more fun because you aren't punished as hard for going different strats.

Pretty much this yeah. In the description of Grens it even says they're professionals
31 Jul 2015, 10:24 AM

Vet 5 system is not gimmicky. It's a big fun factor for me of OKW, feels great to have vet 4 - 5 units, whatever the unit is. If you have enough of them in the field, it directly shows you know your stuff and OKW game play. Or that your opponents do not know that much. :foreveralone:

I shall say a firm 'Nein' to removing it. :foreveralone:
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L