Login

russian armor

USF Suggestions

30 Jul 2015, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:24 AMVuther

Crazy idea, let's make them work with their unique vet 3 benefit: The -50% ability cooldown reduction.

The cost of abilities are reduced by #%, # being a fair and balanced number.

The current cooldown reduction can be pretty nice, but ability cost is also a significant barrier to using abilities, so...let's make them work late-game through that. Can't win by shooting, win by grenades.

that doesn't sound like fun does it?
30 Jul 2015, 07:11 AM

Riflemen could get an extra man like the Rear Echelons do as they vet up. The model could come armed with a thompson since long distance fights usually become up close and personal.
Accuracy with their weapons should be increased just slightly as they gain experience.
This goes good with the bazooka and BAR, maybe even the 1919...

I am not so sure about the other stuff...
Sherman tanks should be able to get a 76mm gun to increase their AT effects of AP rounds. Forcing a tank to retreat also gives some breathing room. The 76mm would limit Anti-infantry capabilities as a result of it's Anti-vehicle buffs.

Maybe each Sherman can be customized to improve either it's offense;by adding a 76mm cannon or it's defense;with the addition of some sandbags or something placed onto the front and sides of it's chasis. Much as what was done in both movies and on the actual battlefield by experienced commanders, such upgrades might encourage it's usage instead of just heading straight for Rifle Company to get the Easy 8 variant of the Sherman.

If possible the player whom takes the time to fully upgrade his Shermans with both offensive and defensive bonuses gets a semi-decent solution to the scaling problem. Easy 8s might have to get similar treatment, only their gun is already 76mm and maybe the crews should come at vet level 1 or 2 or something that gives it abit of an edge over it's kin.

M18 Hellcat is a more mobile alternative to the M36 Jackson which seems to let alot of people down these days. It's essentially a super fast tank destroyer with similar armor...I don't know about you but I personally think that it fits in nicely with the United States Forces. Mobility, Flexibility, Bending but not Breaking, apart from it's near paper thin armor...

I think I am done for now...
Phy
30 Jul 2015, 10:17 AM

I really liked your suggestions Ulaire, specially because they add some diversity to the opening of USF which I find it so boring.

30 Jul 2015, 10:47 AM

yes to all of this also fix major arty
30 Jul 2015, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 10:17 AMPhy
I really liked your suggestions Ulaire, specially because they add some diversity to the opening of USF which I find it so boring.

That is kinda their biggest problem. I've heard rumors that originally The RE's were supposed to be the basic infantry and cost accordingly while Rifles came in later as a more "elite" infantry option a la Panzergrenadiers.
30 Jul 2015, 10:59 AM

That is kinda their biggest problem. I've heard rumors that originally The RE's were supposed to be the basic infantry and cost accordingly while Rifles came in later as a more "elite" infantry option a la Panzergrenadiers.

Don't believe rumors.
30 Jul 2015, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 10:59 AMKatitof

Don't believe rumors.

It's irrelevant now since the faction is already released, but it would have been pretty interesting.
30 Jul 2015, 22:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

that doesn't sound like fun does it?

I have fun pressing buttons.

Also, forgot to say: It's in addition to the current benefits.
30 Jul 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 22:26 PMVuther

I have fun pressing buttons.

Also, forgot to say: It's in addition to the current benefits.

bet u be really pissed if u accidentally press the T key by mistake when in combat especially if your units were not even close to death yet. mistakes and accidents DO happen.
31 Jul 2015, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

bet u be really pissed if u accidentally press the T key by mistake when in combat especially if your units were not even close to death yet. mistakes and accidents DO happen.

I wouldn't press T by accident because I use gridkeys. :D

I certainly have accidentally retreated units, but it hasn't happened while intending frag spamming.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 57
Poland 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment