Login

russian armor

Broken balance USF vs OST

PAGES (11)down
24 Jul 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 02:28 AMGrumpy

Before getting excited about that, you should check Rollo's player card. His USF win/loss is 21/7, but it hasn't changed since the first time I checked it some months ago, meaning that he hasn't played USF 1v1 this patch, and probably not last patch. He played 5 total 3v3's and 4v4's as USF and won exactly zero (0) of the five games.

Looking at his overall win/loss, it's pretty good so I have no doubt he's a good player. However, given that he has no ranked games as USF since the new patch came out, he's probably giving you excellent advice on how to comp-stomp.

No you're right, I've not played USF at all this patch :snfPeter:

http://www.coh2.org/replay/37174/new-patch-double-usf-vs-double-wehr
24 Jul 2015, 12:28 PM
Patrion 310

I have plenty from 2v2, though I will play and stream USF 1v1s today and show that MG42s are not some stupidly OP uncounterable unit.

im sorry. but you had 1 1v1 game, against a 14k ranked player, the rest were 2v2 or 3v3.

I'd like to believe americans can still win, I've been winning 7/8 since the patch and beated some top 200 people doing it. But you havent played any serious 1v1s.
24 Jul 2015, 12:59 PM

im sorry. but you had 1 1v1 game, against a 14k ranked player, the rest were 2v2 or 3v3.

I'd like to believe americans can still win, I've been winning 7/8 since the patch and beated some top 200 people doing it. But you havent played any serious 1v1s.
Uhhhhhh I think you were only watching his second stream from yesterday. Part one, as I pointed out from my previous post, was all 1v1 USF against both factions.

I'm really disappointed that you're giving up so soon, Cruzz. Dusty was putting the pack howitzer to work, in particular. Did you even watch any of his gameplay?
24 Jul 2015, 13:15 PM

Yeah, nope, i tried pretty much every single possible strat USF can do and simply nothing works. USF is completely dead this patch. No matter what you do, both OKW and OST completely outspam you in the infantry department, and even if they play terribly they still have easy access MGs that easily hold you back.

RIP USF.
24 Jul 2015, 13:33 PM

USF is completely useless early game vs Wehrmacht now. The MG-42 from the very begging shuts down Riflemen only play. There are no counters for this aside from smoke which cost munition drain and fuel.
24 Jul 2015, 13:40 PM

I agree with you that there are definitely a lot of things USF lacks and some definitely frustrating units.

Don't forget you have factor in the map. Small urban maps definitely provide advantage to MG spam and mortar spam. The problem with USF is there are no new choices for a early game play, only Riflemen build. RE in my opinions are not combat troops what so ever. The only viable thing in this patch to do is waste munitions to tackle the Axis player. By the time late game comes, I have spent so much muni that my Paras lack LMGs or Air strafe.
24 Jul 2015, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 12:59 PMTalore

I'm really disappointed that you're giving up so soon, Cruzz. Dusty was putting the pack howitzer to work, in particular. Did you even watch any of his gameplay?

Dusty doesn't play 1vs1 at even the top-50 level, even if he somehow was managing to win this patch as USF (which I doubt), it would mean very little against the opponents I have to face.

I already played over 20 games as USF this patch (Dusty has a total of 54 games played as USF ever in 1vs1), how many more losses am I supposed to rack up against people just outspamming me with volks and grens and their cheaper and superior vehicles before I can stop torturing myself?

The most viable play as USF is to go Rifle Company, make 1 normal rifle and then 3 elite rifles, get flamers on everyone, get captain and stuart, and then if you haven't won after 10 minutes you /leave because you don't have a chance anymore.
24 Jul 2015, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:42 PMCruzz

Dusty doesn't play 1vs1 at even the top-50 level, even if he somehow was managing to win this patch as USF (which I doubt), it would mean very little against the opponents I have to face.

I already played over 20 games as USF this patch, Dusty has a total of 54 games played as USF ever in 1vs1.
He literally beat the top 1 OKW player in 1v1 yesterday. Just go watch the archives instead of giving up. You have no excuse. You can't "doubt" the fact that he was winning when the proof is right there and you just refuse to investigate.

http://www.twitch.tv/itzdusty/v/8336736
http://www.twitch.tv/itzdusty/v/8344574
24 Jul 2015, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:45 PMTalore
He literally beat the top 1 OKW player in 1v1 yesterday. Just go watch the archives instead of giving up. You have no excuse.

Ah yes, top 1 panzerscrubangreifein, the guy that makes 2x raketenwerfers to counter conspam and a pak-43 + 2 raketenwerfers to counter a stuart , amazing job :snfPeter:

Angreifein is a pretty bad player that just abuses the meta every single time to the max and spams an insane amount of ranks to get his rank. Then he ocasionally lets his little brother (or someoone else?) play on his account and as so plays completely trash and loses to everyone :snfPeter:
24 Jul 2015, 13:47 PM

USA need a few things: you can further reduce the price on smoke grenades (5 rounds) - this will effectively control the battlefield and overview. And most importantly - to give the Lieutenant and the captain sane abilities and auras for shooters by analogy with the British commanders from company of heroes 1. For example: Lieutenant - gets the aura to increase the survivability of nearby infantry, reducing the level of suppression. Abilities: "for the killing - squads disperse on the ground, gaining 10 seconds a bonus to protection against explosions and grenades. A concentrated volley - squads armed bars gradually begin to suppress enemy infantry, during the term of abilities. Captain - additional - ability: attack this tank - all infantry armed with bazookas makes the volley with a 50% probability of hitting Shots produce even if the weapon is on the recovery after the shot. Aura: "Zeal" infantry moves faster, shoots more accurately on the 2nd level gains a bonus to health. Well, still need to do the units commanders more persistent - they die much faster than the regular t arrows.
24 Jul 2015, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:45 PMTalore
He literally beat the top 1 OKW player in 1v1 yesterday. Just go watch the archives instead of giving up. You have no excuse. You can't "doubt" the fact that he was winning when the proof is right there and you just refuse to investigate.

http://www.twitch.tv/itzdusty/v/8336736
http://www.twitch.tv/itzdusty/v/8344574

I beat Jesulin too yesterday. I also lost to him 3 other games. The only reason he lost one game was because he played fucking awful that game. Angreifen plays terribly a lot of the time, he is number one due to number of games he spams rather than particularly high level plays.
24 Jul 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:46 PMBurts

Ah yes, top 1 panzerscrubangreifein, the guy that makes 2x raketenwerfers to counter conspam and a pak-43 + 2 raketenwerfers to counter a stuart , amazing job :snfPeter:

Angreifein is a pretty bad player that just abuses the meta every single time to the max and spams an insane amount of ranks to get his rank. Then he ocasionally lets his little brother (or someoone else?) play on his account and as so plays completely trash and loses to everyone :snfPeter:

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:50 PMCruzz

I beat Jesulin too yesterday. I also lost to him 3 other games. The only reason he lost one game was because he played fucking awful that game. Angreifen plays terribly a lot of the time, he is number one due to number of games he spams rather than particularly high level plays.

You're really going to grasp at whatever you can find can support this defeatist attitude, no matter how flimsy? I had respect for you in particular, cruzz.
24 Jul 2015, 13:53 PM

I recall you once spamming Pumas to counter Zookspam and Osttruppen to counter Redwings 50 cals/REMFs on live television...;)
Point being, I don't like playing Angreifen either, and neither do I like his style of play but people suck on occasion/mistech whatever, and its not necessarily meaningful. If Angreifen was "pretty bad", for all his gamespam he would not be where he is.
24 Jul 2015, 13:57 PM

Coh2chart is telling us USF is 2nd best faction in 1v1 after soviet
24 Jul 2015, 13:58 PM

I recall you once spamming Pumas to counter Zookspam and Osttruppen to counter Redwings 50 cals/REMFs on live television...;)
Point being, I don't like playing Angreifen either, and neither do I like his style of play but people suck on occasion/mistech whatever, and its not necessarily meaningful. If Angreifen was "pretty bad", for all his gamespam he would not be where he is.

Well, one thing is doing the wrong counter againts a completely non meta strat, especially if you pick your commander in the early game, and one thing is failing to counter a completely meta strat (conspam) by making raketenwerfers :snfPeter:

Yes, i did fuck up but that has nothing to do with this honestly. Angreifein isin't a bad player, but he often plays terribly, and in the case of Dusty VS Angreifein, i think its safe to say he did. He made a bunch of raketenwerfers + a pak-43 to counter a stuart, while dusty just made infantry + pak howitzers and pathfinders.

I hope someone finds a proper way to play USF at a top level this patch, or even just top ~150-200 ish because i'm getting stomped by people that i previously completely destroyed with all factions last patch, and now getting stomped by them when i play USF.
24 Jul 2015, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:57 PMBlalord

Coh2chart is telling us USF is 2nd best faction in 1v1 after soviet

The patch has been out only for a few days and if you look at the winrates of USF in 1v1 the last two days, they are terrible.
24 Jul 2015, 13:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 11:21 AMArgento
How should i deal with thanks + grens with lmg? major costs a silly amount of fuel for a unit that does almost nothing compared to a tank you could field with that amount of fuel spent. Grens with lmg destroy everything and they can pull out two tanks before i can even get one due to the major tax and the need to tech for nades that cost fuel. AT Guns do silly damage when they don't bounce off, and captain or zookas are not really enough vs sturmtiger and the such

M10

Don't buy major its a trap :snfPeter:
24 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 11:41 AMRollo

No you're right, I've not played USF at all this patch :snfPeter:

http://www.coh2.org/replay/37174/new-patch-double-usf-vs-double-wehr

My bad, I missed where you played a 2v2. Since this thread was primarily about 1v1's, why don't you play an additional 28 (double your current number) of 1v1's and tell us how it's done. If that's too many, maybe just play an additional 10.
24 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:52 PMTalore

You're really going to grasp at whatever you can find can support this defeatist attitude, no matter how flimsy? I had respect for you in particular, cruzz.

:guyokay:

You can call it "grasping at whatever you can find", I call it being able to recognize the most blatant faction balance problem this game has ever had. Even March Deployment soviets were in a better shape because you could always play snipers instead of relying on your infantry and had a full set of support weapons available for you.

Dusty or anyone else is free to come show his majestic USF plays to me. Meanwhile I will certainly not be touching USF until a patch does some massive changes to their viability. I already considered them the weakest faction last patch, this patch they're just downright unplayable to me.
24 Jul 2015, 14:03 PM

I saw that game too, and I don't think you are fair in your assessment. Dusty had dominant map and fuel control, in 90% of all cases this is followed up by Major tech/Sherman, so getting preemptive AT makes a whole lot of sense typically - speaking of non-meta strats and such.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 25
France 19
Netherlands 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W