Login

russian armor

Broken balance USF vs OST

PAGES (11)down
23 Jul 2015, 19:40 PM

Guys, I have a real, nonjoking suggestion now. Have you tried a) playing conservatively with Rifles, so you don't take too many casualties, a b) building a metric fuck ton, like 5 or 6?

Sure if the game reaches the end game and you have 6 Rifles you automatically lose due to bleed, but your chances of winning if it gets that far are slim anyway. But hardcore rifle spam lets you really deny the enemy resources.

The absurd volley of fire 5 or 6 Rifles can put out actually reduces MP bleed, if you use A move am and focus fire down Jerry. Light vehicles easily get overwhelmed with smoke usage.

While he may be mildly autistic, Quentins still very good at the game and I know that his thing is basic troop spam, and he says USF is the best.

23 Jul 2015, 20:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Guys, I have a real, nonjoking suggestion now. Have you tried a) playing conservatively with Rifles, so you don't take too many casualties, a b) building a metric fuck ton, like 5 or 6?

Sure if the game reaches the end game and you have 6 Rifles you automatically lose due to bleed, but your chances of winning if it gets that far are slim anyway. But hardcore rifle spam lets you really deny the enemy resources.

The absurd volley of fire 5 or 6 Rifles can put out actually reduces MP bleed, if you use A move am and focus fire down Jerry. Light vehicles easily get overwhelmed with smoke usage.

While he may be mildly autistic, Quentins still very good at the game and I know that his thing is basic troop spam, and he says USF is the best.

5/6 won't work vs good players unless Stalingrad.. They'll recognize it and rape you.

23 Jul 2015, 20:26 PM

Just finished a game against USF and sov.

USF was completely helpless against combo of MG42 and sniper.
23 Jul 2015, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 20:26 PMKatitof
Just finished a game against USF and sov.

USF was completely helpless against combo of MG42 and sniper.

Only thing USF is good for atm is 1v1 vs OKW.
23 Jul 2015, 20:55 PM

I think a lot of really shit USF players who rose to the top last patch blobbing like nuts are finally getting kicked down and it's causing angst. I mean I just faced a top 200 team while being stuck with a new player and we won because the double USF players (we were double OKW) literally couldn't help themselves when it came to blobbing or just running there tanks all over the map in swarms trying to hunt shit.

Their blobs got naded and wiped by my PIV, they lost all their shermans when they ran over like 3 mines and died before figuring out they couldn't pen the armor of my PIV's.
23 Jul 2015, 21:17 PM

Ok, so I'm a really shit USF player and it's causing me angst. Glad you solved this for me.
23 Jul 2015, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 21:17 PMCruzz
Ok, so I'm a really shit USF player and it's causing me angst. Glad you solved this for me.

I think your reading to much into what I'm trying to say. There's been a huge meta shake up and a lot of people who abused old strats are seeing those stop working. Like I really don't doubt USF has troubles right now, and I support adding stuff like mortars to make things less boring.

It's just that in my 2v2 perspective when facing off against USF the top players I'm facing tend to blob a lot and well blobbing doesn't work as well as it used to.

In 1v1 shit's probably a different story, if your experience differs to mine well your the better player and I'll defer to you on it.

edit: pls no bully cruzz
23 Jul 2015, 21:40 PM

Dont whant to sound like a dick but i love those advises or observations "I was playing against USF today and they blobed", or "I was facing USF today and they dodged my mg 42 i think there is no problem here".
23 Jul 2015, 21:51 PM

I remember Cookiez posted a build order that centered around Capt. + Armour Company in a thread a few days ago(Ask him nicely and he might show you). I've been experimenting with that combo, and it's worked out pretty well. Glorious demo charges, mines and M10s. I don't know. This patch has necessitated trying new stuff. Maybe attempt M8 Greyhound spam Kappa
23 Jul 2015, 21:59 PM

Well have to see, people aren't trying out new things.

Truth, but this game is unforgiving to players who want to try new build orders and different commanders and tech paths. Couple that fact with the garbage the USF player has to work with.

I say garbage in reference to:

AT guns that bounce against PV4s

USF AT Riflenade requiring a minimal firing distance if target is too close or closes the distance the Riflenade will not fire - complete opposite for Pfraust and Russian AT nades.

.50 Cal MGs that get wiped stupid easily and have sprint instead of AP rounds (why they don't they have AP rounds to act as a soft counter to OKW Mech and OST T2 light vehicles boggles my mind).

Major costing 120 fuel to pump out for paper armor that is bullied by PAKs that A move and penetrate 100% of the time along with struggling to deal with T3 armor.

Lack of mines that are Tier 0 and don't require a commander selection.

Useless of the Majors abilities - Arty strike and recon

Grenades where you can see the wind up and throw a mile away and how rifle smoke range requires firing unit to be in the firing cone of MG.

Worthless Commanders with garbage abilities and call ins.

Lack of any long range stock rocket arty.

In my opinion for USF is more about hitting all 3 Tiers and building units at the right times now.

Rushing an M20 is still feasible to quickly break up MG42 coverage, of course you have to deal with the new OST SC but a way to minimize the risk to the M20 is to recrew it with RE and have the vehicle crew with the zook tag behind the M20 to scare off the OST SC and tech to CPT for more zooks, AT gun Pack Howi and Stuart to counter OST T3 play.

Solutions exist, players just need to think about all their units and be flexible and adaptable. It has moved away from one size fits all to you having to tailor your tech and units to respond to the threat.

Just my opinion.
23 Jul 2015, 22:15 PM

5/6 won't work vs good players unless Stalingrad.. They'll recognize it and rape you.

True, tried this vs Luvnest and got smashed.

IMO USF is sad now because the point of the faction is insane early game pressure, and it now has the 2nd worst early game.

I don't think there's anyway of buffing the USF early game without it being broken (T0 jeep or mortar, maybe)
23 Jul 2015, 22:58 PM

USF get shat on in 2v2s against ostheer now, it's ridiculous.

Also in 3v3's or 4v4's.
23 Jul 2015, 23:01 PM

Dusty just put on a workshop for USF 1v1s. If you had the misfortune of missing it, watch it from his twitch profile. http://www.twitch.tv/itzdusty/v/8336736 #adapt
23 Jul 2015, 23:06 PM

*snip*

Just my opinion.

I agree with you that there are definitely a lot of things USF lacks and some definitely frustrating units.

I've been using a munitions heavy nades/bars/zooka strat that has been doing well for my last 6 or so games. Considering getting both bars/zooks early was never on the table for USF pre-patch, people never noticed how strong they can be.

Basically, I build a 2nd RE, 3 rifles, grenades,and then go for my next 4 purchases in a different order depending on the game, these being Captain, Racks, Stuart, and Pak Howie.

Against 222 spam that I'm seeing lots of, I'll generally get the captain and racks first, stick a zook or two on an RE, put them in a building, and now those 222s are deterred. Captain comes out and deters even more, and the stuart follows up.

Ostruppen/assgrens with 42s will prompt me to get a pak howitzer before the stuart, or even racks before captain. Again, a 222 or HT will come out, and the racks give me the flexibility for zooks, and the nades will help with pushing by use of smoke.

Have yet to fight a sniper yet, though I would probably focus on the stuart and howie to help with that.

OKW it really depends. I don't think USF has a tough time against them at all.
23 Jul 2015, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 12:55 PMBurts

LT tier isin't very good, as the old meta m20 gets easily countered by a super quick cheap 220 which is cheaper yet easily beats the m20.

why not let your M20 crew come out work as AT unit and throw in your useless RE, then you got a AT sq and little m20 car, also m20 mine instant kills 222...
23 Jul 2015, 23:25 PM

Maybe if they fix the insane manpower bleed USF has things wouldn't be so shitty.

By the 10 minute mark even after dominating early and then trading evenly in the late game I never have enough manpower to do anything. The math is wrong somewhere.
23 Jul 2015, 23:35 PM

Dusty you should make a guide
23 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Maybe if they fix the insane manpower bleed USF has things wouldn't be so shitty.

By the 10 minute mark even after dominating early and then trading evenly in the late game I never have enough manpower to do anything. The math is wrong somewhere.

I have long wondered what causes this too. I can only assume Rifles' lesser accuracy from veterancy contributes.

Thinking about it...USF tends to have meh vet in general...
23 Jul 2015, 23:40 PM

Only played 2v2 and 3v3 so far on the new patch but my USF teammates have been in struggle city. I'm going to tell them to play Sov alongside me so we can win a game tonight.

Also noticing that it feels like 80% of Axis players are Ostheer these days. Yikes.
23 Jul 2015, 23:45 PM

Both WFA are kinda a joke now
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment