Login

russian armor

OKW vs USF horde

22 Jul 2015, 16:47 PM

Hi there,

I have been having a lot of games that pretty much surround absurd infantry spam from the USF player with an early stuart combo. I just can't seem to handle it effectively for very long. They just outswarm me..

In this replay I was able to kill the first stuart, but the second stuart kept getting missed by my puma, which eventually led to its death since the blob also attacked it.

Eventually I got a Panzer 4, but by then he had a jackson due to having both fuels. I called it a gg by then.

Any help would be appreciated. I hate crossing in the woods, but it is not as bad as Stalingrad, so my veto goes to Stalingrad.

22 Jul 2015, 16:50 PM

USF early game is abit "too-good" mainly because of the free squads with teching. Might be an idea to go for a commander with HMG's.

Oh also... i wouldn't get a P4, 135 fuel just isnt worth it to be hard countered by something they can get at the same time. for an extra 40 fuel you can get a panther which can deal with stuff like Jacksons... its a no brainer really.
22 Jul 2015, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:50 PMCorsin
USF early game is abit "too-good" mainly because of the free squads with teching. Might be an idea to go for a commander with HMG's.

Oh also... i wouldn't get a P4, 135 fuel just isnt worth it to be hard countered by something they can get at the same time. for an extra 40 fuel you can get a panther which can deal with stuff like Jacksons... its a no brainer really.

Alright thank you. Well 'too-good' is not what I would call it, I mean I countered him in several ways. Just the hordes clumbed up are something I just can't deal with.

I had an mg34, it just got killed by the horde.

Anyone would like to review it? I would really appreciate that!
22 Jul 2015, 18:00 PM

I am not a pro but against the U.S. blob consisting of 6 Vet1/2 Rifleman with Zook´s and BAR´s at the 15 Min mark the Luchs or even Stuka (you had all ressources for that) would have been the best option, instead you went P4. After 19 Min. you had about 640 Manpower and only two Volks, one Falls and one Sturmpio, and two MG34´s standing far apart -not enough Inf I think. Two more Volks or Obers and a second Raketenwerfer would have been a good deal.

Be aggressive and don´t wait to react, even in the early game you need more Volks instead of only two Sturmpios. Note position your MG´s behind your Inf.

What I fancy was your mine-placing but keep in mind that you need some Muni for Schrecks, you really needed them. Really nice was your Puma answer to the first Scott. Unfortunately it was abonded at the left fuel standind next to the house. If you would have recognized it you would have been in a good position.

In my opinion you lost your faith a bit too early. But keep on, I think you will get better! ;)

Best regards

CasTroy
22 Jul 2015, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 18:00 PMCasTroy
I am not a pro but against the U.S. blob consisting of 6 Vet1/2 Rifleman with Zook´s and BAR´s at the 15 Min mark the Luchs or even Stuka (you had all ressources for that) would have been the best option, instead you went P4. After 19 Min. you had about 640 Manpower and only two Volks, one Falls and one Sturmpio, and two MG34´s standing far apart -not enough Inf I think. Two more Volks or Obers and a second Raketenwerfer would have been a good deal.

Be aggressive and don´t wait to react, even in the early game you need more Volks instead of only two Sturmpios. Note position your MG´s behind your Inf.

What I fancy was your mine-placing but keep in mind that you need some Muni for Schrecks, you really needed them. Really nice was your Puma answer to the first Scott. Unfortunately it was abonded at the left fuel standind next to the house. If you would have recognized it you would have been in a good position.

In my opinion you lost your faith a bit too early. But keep on, I think you will get better! ;)

Best regards

CasTroy

Thank you for your reply! I will utilize this feedback! Cheers :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS