Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
22 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

Osttruppen suck? Not in 1v1 and 2v2 :)

Osttruppen are probably a pretty good choice vs. quad rushes because they can be everywhere and don't bleed easily. WOould be interesting to try out.

whenever i use them they fail at everything.

for 200MP you can't have them everywhere, they are not much cheaper compared to grenadiers. grenadiers scale much better and don't become your cannonfodder and panzerfaust slaves after some time as said on the other post.

maybe if their panzerfaust wouldn't require t1 then they would be a little bit more useful against that. even then: you have no chance against the support weapon spam meta without a mortar or sniper unless your enemy is a slowpoke or noob.

no offense or anything just my experience using those scrubs in my games.
m00
22 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM
Donator 11

What if they added a set up time for the suppression to kick in? So not like the OKW flak ht but similar to the kubel to where it can fire while moving but it'd have to be standing still for a little bit before it starts suppressing.
22 Jul 2015, 16:17 PM
Patrion 14

whenever i use them they fail at everything.

for 200MP you can't have them everywhere, they are not much cheaper compared to grenadiers. grenadiers scale much better and don't become your cannonfodder and panzerfaust slaves after some time as said on the other post.

maybe if their panzerfaust wouldn't require t1 then they would be a little bit more useful against that. even then: you have no chance against the support weapon spam meta without a mortar or sniper unless your enemy is a slowpoke or noob.

no offense or anything just my experience using those scrubs in my games.

All true points, but think of Osttruppen more as support units for your mgs than as mainline infantry. An Osttruppen crewed MG42 never dies when by a halftrack :)

They also are less likely to be wiped when fausting tanks, and are almost immune to snipers.

Its all personal preference, but don't count them out just yet! Especially since mobile defense will be a very popular commander in this patch IMO.
22 Jul 2015, 16:26 PM
22 Jul 2015, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:26 PMArclyte

before the patch:

22 Jul 2015, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 15:38 PMBlalord

0 Set up time, 360 Degree of pure democracy ;D
and can reinforce !

We're talking about soviet ht right? granted it was made in american and shipped to russia. but they aren't using it to spread democracy, i assure you of that.

it does seem to kick wehrmacht off the field except where they turtle with their one pak. Many good suggetions earlier in the thread. either tie the upgrade to t4 or what m00 said sounded reasonable to me.
22 Jul 2015, 16:43 PM

I have no idea why it was buffed in the first place, it is not like it was terrible pre-patch.
22 Jul 2015, 16:50 PM

All true points, but think of Osttruppen more as support units for your mgs than as mainline infantry. An Osttruppen crewed MG42 never dies when by a halftrack :)

They also are less likely to be wiped when fausting tanks, and are almost immune to snipers.

Its all personal preference, but don't count them out just yet! Especially since mobile defense will be a very popular commander in this patch IMO.

yeah the mg42 thing is pretty nice and that they can attempt to panzerfaust vehicles without getting one shotted. it's still not enough to make them worth using though imo.

mobile defense will remain a garbage commander. the puma still comes too late considering that the m5 hits the field at about 3cp, su 76 at about 4cp and the rest of the commander is kinda meh. no late game abilities at all. i didn't saw the commander being used at least once in the team games i played since the update, medium tanks were already on the field when the puma was unlocked.
22 Jul 2015, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:26 PMArclyte

You're not better than than the ones you are bashing
22 Jul 2015, 17:00 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:43 PMwuff
I have no idea why it was buffed in the first place, it is not like it was terrible pre-patch.

+1

this m5 quad now outshines t70 in AI department.
22 Jul 2015, 17:01 PM

This, it was much more useful than the flame HT.
22 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM
Patrion 14

It's biggest problem was timing, but now thats been fixed by the new tech system.

+1
22 Jul 2015, 17:03 PM

Well there's always that suggestion I saw elsewhere for the M5 Quad upgrade to be pushed back to tier 4. Nerfing it directly would be a bit much.
22 Jul 2015, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 15:35 PMNEVEC
This unit is not any better than american AA truck or okw AA truck. Just cheaper, comes later and takes time to upgrade.

"panzershrek is useless against that" Panzershrek is also useless against american aa truck, 0 from 10 my aa trucks was killed by panzershrek.

The main issue with the M5 quad isnt just the fact that it comes too early (6:30 if you rush it out)...

BUT it has the capability to kill squads that are retreating and is alot cheaper than other HT's at the level it performs at.

Imo it needs a fuel increase to 45/50 if its going to retain its current stats. If not then it needs a dps/suppression nerf. OR a set up time (so it cant run down squads in the first 7 mins).

22 Jul 2015, 17:09 PM

I knew the old t-70 would return in the form of the Quad. :snfPeter:
22 Jul 2015, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 17:09 PMVonIvan
I knew the old t-70 would return in the form of the Quad. :snfPeter:

At least the T-70's fuel cost reflects its impact, the M5 is way too cheap atm.
22 Jul 2015, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 17:08 PMCorsin

The main issue with the M5 quad isnt just the fact that it comes too early (6:30 if you rush it out)...

BUT it has the capability to kill squads that are retreating and is alot cheaper than other HT's at the level it performs at.

Imo it needs a fuel increase to 45/50 if its going to retain its current stats. If not then it needs a dps/suppression nerf. OR a set up time (so it cant run down squads in the first 7 mins).

Keep in mind that it costs 120 Munitions to get that upgrade. Increasing the fuel cost is pushing back the Soviet ability to reinforce on the field. Quite dangerous for those who use Conscripts and Penals (No call in infantry).

Of course, there's also another possibility we can pursue. What if we moved it's suppression buff to Vet 3 rather than have it from the start and increase vet requirements for it too? :)
22 Jul 2015, 17:16 PM

The quad upgrade should just require T4.

Want to do a reinforcement push? Get an early M5.
Want to do early harrasment? Invest in the more expensive T70 (which is still a fine vehicle, just now completely outclassed by the M5 quad).

Quad upgrade at T4 will make the M5 stay relevent in the lategame, because unlike the FlamerHT it has long range, supression, and helpt to deal with loitering planes.

22 Jul 2015, 17:19 PM

Well Aerohank, needless to say, that's probably the best solution still.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS