Login

russian armor

MG 42 suppression reduction?

22 Jul 2015, 13:29 PM

Facts:
- Slower building rate is compensated by moving it to T0 (don't have to wait for building T1)
- Cost increase is compensated by increasing Wehrmacht starting manpower

Personal opinion:
- Cost effectivness has increased despite increase of its cost (long range damage buff 2 patches ago, suppression buff last patch)

Anything else?

Yes. L2Adapt.
22 Jul 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 13:29 PMJohnnyB

Yes. L2Adapt.

It is less an issue in 1v1 but in team games it gets to the front too fast
aaa
22 Jul 2015, 13:55 PM

Less damage is the way to go. Currently, the mg42 has enough dps to clear garrisons even when the squads inside are in range of the mg. It discourages combined arms, and makes no sense in the context of the game. That or increase price to 280.

Thats truth this unit is a bit OP in the begining. But currently it has counters later in game. Allowing to punish those who try to abuse T1 OPness. Not 42 is OP the T1 as a whole is OP if not taking into consideration fast oponents tech .
22 Jul 2015, 13:58 PM

I don't think the MG42 is OP, since last patch my only complaint was that it was the only HMG that did what it was supposed to do. Now, with the removal of the rifle grenade and the buff to the maxim, all HMGs are very effective (except OKW one which fires tickle-bullets for some reason).
22 Jul 2015, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 13:29 PMJohnnyB

Yes. L2Adapt.

I will regard this as "I was wrong in the choice of arguments to justify the buff".

I've adapted to win random 4v4s as Soviet and Wehrmacht using only stock units. I don't fear MG42 that much to whine about it on some forums. My intentions are clear - to make CoH2 a better game, not to get personal gain from it because of my preferences of certain factions.

Anyway, I was sure that we won't have serious conversation with you on MG42 topic.
You just have said bullshit, I've just gunned it down.
22 Jul 2015, 14:56 PM

A small damage reduction would be good as it can clear garrisons right now. :P
22 Jul 2015, 15:04 PM

Votes are not accurate while %80 playing as axis. Supperison ok but huge arc of fire locks entire map. 1 rifle nade enough to force maxtim to retreat without flanking but in other hand allies players have to flank that huge arc of fire and decent players backs it up with other units. Its not fair.
22 Jul 2015, 15:27 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

MG42 instant surpresses in green cover?
22 Jul 2015, 16:09 PM

i really hope they don't nerf any of the machine guns for any faction. They are in an excellent spot at the moment.
22 Jul 2015, 16:24 PM

Its fine. USF just require a earlier non-doctrinal indirect fire options.
22 Jul 2015, 16:25 PM

hmg versus rifleman blob is a joke
You would expect it to handle even with 2 hmgs but they dont since the rifleman's just pop smoke everywhere
22 Jul 2015, 16:29 PM

People grew entitled to the fact that the MG42 was weak - all you guys whining need to adapt.
We don't need another phase of wiping the MG42 frontal with blobs.

There are enough counter tools (onmap arty, smoke & flanking) but people who whine refuse to use them.

Garrisoning squads in buildings and leaving them in green cover should be options though. Having the MG42 solo garrisons and squads on heavy cover discourages combined arms and clever positioning.

If on Kolodny Ferna you have an MG in church and I have a Rifle squad in the far right building, the Rifles should win the engagement assuming nobody retreats.
22 Jul 2015, 18:32 PM

No suppression does not need changing, it is fine as it is like coh1's. But it does need a slight reduction in damage it deals alot of damage at range atm.
22 Jul 2015, 18:36 PM

NERF THE DAMAGE. :snfPeter:
22 Jul 2015, 18:43 PM

About the only thing Ostheer has going for it when it comes to stopping blobs and hordes of infantry. Damage wise, yes a nerf would suffice here.
22 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

THe only issue I hae is that USF needs a more solid counter to MG42 early on.

As far as the MG42 itslef I say leave it as is.
22 Jul 2015, 18:57 PM

The only reason USF can't properly counter early MG42 is its damage. Hit the damage really, really hard with the nerfhammer. It having such high damage is unwarranted when it's in the same tier as the mortar and sniper.
22 Jul 2015, 19:17 PM

Early 2015: Infantry blobs a move into MGS, works 70 percent of the time due to lackluster suppression and tendency for gun to combust from damage. MGs skipped by players like Paula.

Early mid 2015: Guns now live on as long the soul of their operators exist in this world. Damage is cool. Blobs still swarm mgs that are not well microed and interlocked. MG42s now viablw through superior positioning.

Mid 2015: MG42 now suppresses blobs well, previous attempts of a moving no longer work. Players in shock at learning what a flanking maneuver is, the existence of propelled clouds of thick, vision blocking smoke, win streaks are ruined. ELO drastically shifting as crutch using players now have trouble.

Late mid 2015: The day of reckoning. Players still in denial over existing counters, crutch call in meta removed. MG42 comes seconds earlier, T1 delay is now viable, ostruppen make appearances. Previous top 500 players now descending to 4 digit ranks. Game balance is blamed.

L2p, learn to smoke, learn to flank, learn to veto, learn to true sight, learn to adapt.

Sincerely, someone who has countered MG42s just fine.
22 Jul 2015, 20:44 PM

Early 2015: Infantry blobs a move into MGS, works 70 percent of the time due to lackluster suppression and tendency for gun to combust from damage. MGs skipped by players like Paula.

Early mid 2015: Guns now live on as long the soul of their operators exist in this world. Damage is cool. Blobs still swarm mgs that are not well microed and interlocked. MG42s now viablw through superior positioning.

Mid 2015: MG42 now suppresses blobs well, previous attempts of a moving no longer work. Players in shock at learning what a flanking maneuver is, the existence of propelled clouds of thick, vision blocking smoke, win streaks are ruined. ELO drastically shifting as crutch using players now have trouble.

Late mid 2015: The day of reckoning. Players still in denial over existing counters, crutch call in meta removed. MG42 comes seconds earlier, T1 delay is now viable, ostruppen make appearances. Previous top 500 players now descending to 4 digit ranks. Game balance is blamed.

L2p, learn to smoke, learn to flank, learn to veto, learn to true sight, learn to adapt.

Sincerely, someone who has countered MG42s just fine.

22 Jul 2015, 21:16 PM

its fine ffs

Well would you look at that, another player who has only ever played axis factions believes an axis unit is "just fine."

Maybe if more people played USF of Soviets they would understand how frustrating the new MG42 is to play against these days.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★