Login

russian armor

Tiger II (H) bulletins

20 Jul 2015, 16:17 PM

Kt have insane accuracy and AoE against infantry, it kills squads and at guns in 2 shots. Whats else do you need?

Just support kt properly and play DEFENSIVELY with minesweepers, shrecks, rakketens and jagdpanzers/command panthers around and it would unbeatable. Unsupported kt is dead kt.

IS2 is joke which doctrinal limited to 1 misses lot and goes against much better at, useful only to be damage sponge and spot for jacksons.
20 Jul 2015, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:17 PMJadame!
Kt have insane accuracy and AoE against infantry, it kills squads and at guns in 2 shots. Whats else do you need?
Survivability, because the mobility is lacking. I wouldn´t mind if the anti infantry capabilities went down a bit.

Just support kt properly and play DEFENSIVELY with minesweepers, shrecks, rakketens and jagdpzners/command panthers around and it is unbeatable.
460 fuel for a KT + Command Panther and that at 2/3rd income, so effectively 690 Fuel? The KT is going to be your only vehicle most of the time. The problem is that all the non fuel AT options for OKW are short range and not even close to real AT guns.
20 Jul 2015, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:23 PMButcher
Survivability, because the mobility is lacking. I wouldn´t mind if the anti infantry capabilities went down a bit.

Its already almost unkilliable. Nerf to its damage would eliminate kt from the game. Kt only good for its insanely hight damage, otherwise i just build some panthers/p4s. You don't know what you speaking about.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:23 PMButcher
460 fuel for a KT + Command Panther and that at 2/3rd income, so effectively 690 Fuel? The KT is going to be your only vehicle most of the time. The problem is that all the non fuel AT options for OKW are short range and not even close to real AT guns.

What is fuel transfer. What is wehr cashes. What is camo on rakketens.

Besides, building kt as a first tank only an option in game you already won.
20 Jul 2015, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:04 PMButcher
I completely agree. The best solution would be to give the KT actually decent veterancy bonuses. Right now the vet is one of the worst ingame - even with 5 stars.

I kinda even disagree to that - since the KT's vet almost as "fast" as their turret rotates :gimpy:

solid optional upgrades for ammo and fuel would be a decent start.

20-30Fuel - engine improvement for additional speed ?

50ish Ammo - to buy back that armor that it once had and nobody complained about ...

100 Ammo - for turret range upgrade ? to make out of that gun what it really was..

it kinda feels wrong that the two flagship posterunits that they sold the WFA up on, are so impractical to use ... I'm referencing ST and KT of course.

20 Jul 2015, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned
OP I don't see anyone flaming or hating? You got your answer, let others discuss their opinions. I mean just don't come back to this thread then...

Was just saying it, no more..
20 Jul 2015, 16:37 PM

Just support kt properly and play DEFENSIVELY with minesweepers, shrecks, rakketens and jagdpanzers/command panthers around and it would unbeatable. Unsupported kt is dead kt.

IS2 is joke which doctrinal limited to 1 misses lot and goes against much better at, useful only to be damage sponge and spot for jacksons.

A PIV Ausf J with veterancy is almost twice as likely to wipe a full health squad as a King Tiger is. And IS2 normally overshoots infantry making it quite effective at killing enemies in cover while retaining a nice top speed no other heavy tank in the game besides the KV1 or Panther can compare to.

An IS2 also requires no teching, and comes in 2 quite good commanders.

I completely agree. The best solution would be to give the KT actually decent veterancy bonuses. Right now the vet is one of the worst ingame - even with 5 stars.

Yeah what the KT needs most IMO is to have actually decent veterancy.
20 Jul 2015, 16:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Its the Q version, not H

There was no Tiger II Q. You had P (porsche design) and H (henschel design).
20 Jul 2015, 16:40 PM

Permanently Banned
LOL A BUFF KT/TIGER THREAD XD

No, A 'what kind of bulletins are there for the KT' thread. What others made of it, has nothing to do with me creating it. This is what I meant with my post, don't turn this into a KT NEED BUFF/NERF WHINE WHINE
20 Jul 2015, 16:42 PM

Permanently Banned
This is what I feared xd. The thread completely derailed. I just wanted to know some things about the KT bulletins. If this derailing goes any further, mods should close it!
20 Jul 2015, 16:45 PM

Give up infantry wipes for better speed OR better range OR better frontal armour/less rear armour OR increased range...
20 Jul 2015, 16:51 PM

No, A 'what kind of bulletins are there for the KT' thread. What others made of it, has nothing to do with me creating it. This is what I meant with my post, don't turn this into a KT NEED BUFF/NERF WHINE WHINE

People don't like spamming the front page with endless threads about how they feel on minor topics about specific units so don't be surprised when they air their thoughts in a tangentially related thread.
20 Jul 2015, 16:58 PM

This is what I feared xd. The thread completely derailed. I just wanted to know some things about the KT bulletins. If this derailing goes any further, mods should close it!

This is what people here in coh2.org do every day, so... get used to it. (facepalm)
20 Jul 2015, 18:17 PM

Permanently Banned

People don't like spamming the front page with endless threads about how they feel on minor topics about specific units so don't be surprised when they air their thoughts in a tangentially related thread.

Alright, I will keep that in mind. Thank you
20 Jul 2015, 18:18 PM

Permanently Banned

This is what people here in coh2.org do every day, so... get used to it. (facepalm)

I think I have no choice in the matter xd. Thank you for your reply.
20 Jul 2015, 22:44 PM

A PIV Ausf J with veterancy is almost twice as likely to wipe a full health squad as a King Tiger is.

Even with all vet bonuses p4 nowhere close to wiping potential of unvetted kt. And you need to get those vet bonuses first, and even then p4 would be super fragile compared to kt.

And IS2 normally overshoots infantry making it quite effective at killing enemies in cover while retaining a nice top speed no other heavy tank in the game besides the KV1 or Panther can compare to.

Ha i wish is2 gunner was not drunk all day long and could land at least every 3rd shot, but he just loves vodka too much.

An IS2 also requires no teching, and comes in 2 quite good commanders.

In whole 2 commanders! How much tiger commanders germany have? 5 or 6? And no teching would not be issue in less than a day.

Yeah what the KT needs most IMO is to have actually decent veterancy.

Maybe little bit better (or better spearhead ability), but nothing too crazy.

20 Jul 2015, 22:49 PM

A Jadgtiger or a more diverse force of tanks will get you farther than a KT will against a smart opponent. Personally I think they should just move the KT to a new commander (and give said commander out free) and replace the KT in the HQ with an MG34 and replace the MG34 in it's doctrines with the MG42.

I agree, except intead of a Kingtiger, maybe give the OKW a regular one.
21 Jul 2015, 04:57 AM
Patrion 14

I don't understand all the hate for the KT.

It is the weakest unsupported unit in the game, sure.

It is also the strongest unit in the game when supported, thanks to its impressive gun stats and synergies.

OKW has trouble supporting it, sure enough, because of their fuel penalties, but that just reinforces the point that the KT is made for really lategame battles. Don't build one if you can't support it, you are better off getting a P4/JP4/P5 first, then going KT.
22 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 22:44 PMJadame!

Even with all vet bonuses p4 nowhere close to wiping potential of unvetted kt. And you need to get those vet bonuses first, and even then p4 would be super fragile compared to kt.

Maybe little bit better (or better spearhead ability), but nothing too crazy.

I would agree that PzIV isn't capable of KT's havoc potential upon infantry, but it's far from "squad wiping" machine !?? In my experience, and I have a LOT with it, it usually takes between 2-4 models, and it misses FAR more frequently than it wipes a complete squad.

Regarding the Spearhead, I think it would really benefit of some turret range increase to go along with that additional sight, especially since in the spearhead mode it becomes obviously less deadly to infantry.
22 Jul 2015, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 22:49 PMbobop6

I agree, except intead of a Kingtiger, maybe give the OKW a regular one.

yeah right, then they can also give me back my money that I payed for the WFA and KT as their posterboy :loco:
22 Jul 2015, 23:36 PM

Uhmm no, KT is excellent at antiinfantry and does reliable wipes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★