Login

russian armor

21st patch Howie's + 2 click counters. What to do?

18 Jul 2015, 22:18 PM

Lets just say they are built around artillery

lol excellent choice of words, BUILT around ARTY... :D gj
18 Jul 2015, 22:26 PM

Of course OKW is going to have trouble against indirect fire, they always have done, be it from muni based strikes or heavy mp on map investments. That's a fact that we have to live with when we are playing with a faction that can potentially construct their assets in the middle of the playing field.

In some respect seeing an ml-20 can be an advantage to the OKW player. Your opponent has just locked 600 mp into a static target. Yes it can fire at your medic/repair/Schwerer Pzer HQ but you also have the chance to seriously damage his pool of resources.

If you have no idea where the gun is (isn't hard just look at the mini-map whilst it is firing) then grab an IR track, cheap as chips , brilliant scouting unit. Use the HT to determine a weak point in the possible defensive line around the artillery piece and choose the best method on taking it out.

my two cents.
18 Jul 2015, 22:39 PM

People usually dont defend their arty flanks so rush arty with tank or something..
18 Jul 2015, 23:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think Queen is over reacting with the phrase "built around".
18 Jul 2015, 23:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Its no surprise brits will just be able to sit back and turtle around howitzers that'll be able to bombard and one shot anything they want on the map. Much skill, cant wait for the lunar surface and okw2.0 esque faction. Oh wait...im not. Fuck artillery
18 Jul 2015, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 21:39 PMZyllen
People dont use counter barrage to much it seems. The lefh can make any use of arty a very risky proposition at vet 1.

Counter barrage only works on katies and mortars. To destroy a ml-20 you need 4 direct hits, or 3 and some damage from a near hit. The ml-20 on the other hand only needs to hit the leFH twice. It is an RNG battle that is stacked heavily in the ml-20s favor.
18 Jul 2015, 23:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 23:35 PMSpanky
I think Queen is over reacting with the phrase "built around".

Oh you will see
19 Jul 2015, 00:07 AM

ML-20 damage is very lethal, not to mention the spread of it. Was doing a 2v2 with the new patch, and the gun was able to just kill anything remotely close to the shells, givin it was on semoski winter, the two bases were close. So there was no safe spot. The Lefh is severely under performing.
19 Jul 2015, 00:24 AM

"flank it" - right. inside the base in a game where base-destroying is practically impossible.
19 Jul 2015, 01:16 AM

ML-20 damage is very lethal, not to mention the spread of it. Was doing a 2v2 with the new patch, and the gun was able to just kill anything remotely close to the shells, givin it was on semoski winter, the two bases were close. So there was no safe spot. The Lefh is severely under performing.

I have no problem in ML20 being much powerful than LeFH, but thatg they fire the same amount of shells? What is the advantage of the lefh then?
19 Jul 2015, 01:34 AM

Why not just make it to were you can only build one ML-20 and one Leif, and they can only be placed in the base sector. Then increased there range to hit the whole map.

After this is in place make it to were bases sectors, cant be targeted by off map arty, planes, or other built arty, and all mobile arty.Just an idea.
19 Jul 2015, 02:07 AM

I have no problem in ML20 being much powerful than LeFH, but thatg they fire the same amount of shells? What is the advantage of the lefh then?

Yea I agree with you, there needs to be an accuracy or damage buff somewhere, OR reduce amount of shells fired from ML-20
19 Jul 2015, 02:08 AM

Permanently Banned
Yeah make it so you cant barrage base sectors thats the closest fix to bullshit like arty. All it is is saturation fire. There is 0 skill in the first place. Lets do it.
19 Jul 2015, 02:26 AM

u guys think so narrowly when thinking of balance suggestions. its quite true its tough to balance between these high value static emplacements and the '2 click counters' that destroy them. personally id like to see both howitzers get their range reduced by 25-33%, their cost reduced to 400-450, pop reduced, unable to be built in base sectors and maybe drop the number of shells fired down just a tad.

i think this pretty drastic change would force players to build howitzers in significantly more forward positions than they are now to use them offensively (which at the same time will leave them vulnerable to pushes from the enemy), or they can choose to build them further in their own territory and use them as a defensive unit instead. the decrease in cost means that having 2 or even 3 howitzers is feasible, and significantly reduces the impact of a single stuka divebomb taking out your investment.

19 Jul 2015, 03:15 AM

I personally think a substantial fuel cost would be enough. Say 600 MP, 75 fuel for ML20.
19 Jul 2015, 03:27 AM

Part of the designed balance for OKW revolves around using trucks on the battlefield. OKW is useless if all their trucks can be targeted by arty at huge range, and OKW has 0 long range counters to try to retaliate with. Bad design.
19 Jul 2015, 03:33 AM

It's not like replacing their trucks is particularly costly. If in a 1 vs 1 you see a possible arty doctrine, just overwhelm them with infantry.

In team games it's really broke though.
19 Jul 2015, 03:36 AM
Patrion 28

first, last i heard the lefh did 150 damage, not 160.

second, i think giving howitzers MUCH higher falloff (so they can still damage tanks but don't wipe infantry as bad) would be a good idea.

i think they shouldn't be able to be built in the base sector but that's not a complete solution because of the way maps are made; there are plenty of "safe" spots in non-base sectors and you can always build them right in front of a base MG. it would be a good start though.

making them unable to target the base sector (i'm not sure it's possible to do) would allow howitzers to be much more powerful though because you wouldn't be able to camp in front of them and wipe retreating squads and buildings with minimal timing and recon.
19 Jul 2015, 04:10 AM
Patrion 14

u guys think so narrowly when thinking of balance suggestions. its quite true its tough to balance between these high value static emplacements and the '2 click counters' that destroy them. personally id like to see both howitzers get their range reduced by 25-33%, their cost reduced to 400-450, pop reduced, unable to be built in base sectors and maybe drop the number of shells fired down just a tad.

i think this pretty drastic change would force players to build howitzers in significantly more forward positions than they are now to use them offensively (which at the same time will leave them vulnerable to pushes from the enemy), or they can choose to build them further in their own territory and use them as a defensive unit instead. the decrease in cost means that having 2 or even 3 howitzers is feasible, and significantly reduces the impact of a single stuka divebomb taking out your investment.

yes please.

similar treatment for b4, too. maybe make it even cheaper. although i dont know how to balance or suck the frustration out of RNG wiping machine.
19 Jul 2015, 06:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think i have been asking for these for quite a long time.

LefH vs 152
LefH should have 2-3 more shells than 152. Less damage, more shells.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★