Login

russian armor

Conscripts need mid-game buff

PAGES (9)down
16 Jul 2015, 12:20 PM

Come on, we have a new community manager :snfBarton: just team up and spam the hell out of his mail, he'll do what he'll have to :snfBarton:
16 Jul 2015, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 12:17 PMmeh

What is your job Katitof?

Balance designer :hyper:
meh
16 Jul 2015, 12:23 PM

Oh that's great because Katitof is so bias...
16 Jul 2015, 13:07 PM

Cons scale fine, at vet 2 they have no issue dropping fall/sturm models despite the fact they only cost 240mp.

They are not OP LMG rifleman but they have enough perks and doctrinal gimmicks to keep them useful lategame. I wish volks had gimmicks like merge, Oorah, vehicle repair, trip mines, PTRS's and two separate abilities for AT grenades.

PPSH's and hit the dirt could receive small buffs, but that is the only real thing that could need changing.
16 Jul 2015, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 12:23 PMmeh

Oh that's great because Katitof is so bias...

Preference doesn't equal bias, you can check my comments on the latest changes to tell the difference. :megusta:

I can efficiently play all armies for my rank, I simply don't have equal fun with them as some playstyles are appealing to me more then others.

Also, contrary to Relic last 2 years, my changes actually go through QA process :snfBarton:
Players always bitch for changes, but they are extremely rarely right. You just can't beat the feedback from statistics and logs.

Recent brit charts are best example of it, the bitching about them being OP was constant, turns out they were balanced and underpowered 1v1 :snfBarton:

As I've said, I'd love to see cons late game buffed, I just don't believe relic will do it.
They may surprise me, but I won't lose sleep over the idea.
16 Jul 2015, 13:35 PM

16 Jul 2015, 13:45 PM

meh
16 Jul 2015, 13:48 PM

I was only kidding, I don't even know why I asked you that, you're a game developer in Europe I completely forgot...
16 Jul 2015, 13:49 PM

If you had two squads of vet volks behind cover fighting charging shocks they would lose horribly.

In comparison if you had two squads of vet cons they could quite easily beat charging StG Obers.

16 Jul 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 13:49 PMRollo
If you had two squads of vet volks behind cover fighting charging shocks they would lose horribly.

In comparison if you had two squads of vet cons they could quite easily beat charging StG Obers.

Actually, cons would lose.

StG obers:
-don't need to close in because they still do twice the DPS the cons do at max range
-ignore cover
-rely on their HUGE rec acc bonus
-lose real DPS only after 3rd men would die
16 Jul 2015, 14:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Conscripts need their utility enhanced (like a buff to the molotov and merge squad giving vet to the reinforced squad) what they DON'T need is more blob enabling silliness.

Give vet to merge squad? Are you out of your mind? Just every squad of your conscripts, guards whatever lose 3 models, let one conscript squad reinforce them via merge and you have an entire army of vet. No no no n o non non onono nonononoo
16 Jul 2015, 14:48 PM

As a soviet fanboy I think they are good as they are. Even though the game is going in the right direction the factions are getting more similar. At the moment you got T1 T2 and shocks and guards, that gives the faction some strategic choices. Going all in on Cons makes the faction less interesting. Keep cons as they are but buff: Ppsh and merge, irregulars and some other commaderabilities.
16 Jul 2015, 14:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Everybody always complains about the conscripts. How about Penals? They are supposed to be semi automatic units that are effective against infantry, even have satchell charges. They are nowhere near as effective as Riflemen or Grenadiers with g43s. The Penals use the svt 40 Tokorov, the weapon that the Germans used to design the G43. It makes no sense why the Penals suck. To my believe Relic put them in purely to fill up the army and bash on Soviet Penal betallions as being squads full of scum, giving their game an extra layer of Identity.

Make the Penals usefull, make them acutally as viable as Riflemen, give them some veterancy love and give them some at possibilities. I keep saying this, make the Penals the core infantry unit when it comes to balance and scaling.
16 Jul 2015, 14:54 PM
Donator 11

cons should get 2x PPSh upgrade on T3 and 4x PPSh upgrade on T3 + doctrine, PPSh should be buffed so that it was better at mid, much better at close and slightly worse at long range than mosin.

EDIT: my point is that they should get max 4 PPSh and both 2x and 4x upgrades should cost same ammo.

Btw guys its PPSh (like DShK) not PPSH or DSHK :D Sh is one letter in russian (its abbreviation for Pistolet-Pulemyot Shpagina)
16 Jul 2015, 14:57 PM
Patrion 14

Everybody always complains about the conscripts. How about Penals? They are supposed to be semi automatic units that are effective against infantry, even have satchell charges. They are nowhere near as effective as Riflemen or Grenadiers with g43s. The Penals use the svt 40 Tokorov, the weapon that the Germans used to design the G43. It makes no sense why the Penals suck. To my believe Relic put them in purely to fill up the army and bash on Soviet Penal betallions as being squads full of scum.

Make these usefull, make them acutally as viable as Riflemen, give them some veterancy love and give them some at possibilities. I keep saying this, make the Penals the core infantry unit when it comes to balance and scaling.

The best thing is, if penals got actual roles, then conscripts can stay as a viable option. Do you want an early game power increase, which doesn't scale into lategame? Go conscripts. Want actual infantry that you can rely on throughout the match? Go penals.

Penals should get a cost increase and a DPS buff (to make them similar to riflemen), then get a PPSH upgrade or a flamer upgrade to flesh them out for other roles.
16 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned

The best thing is, if penals got actual roles, then conscripts can stay as a viable option. Do you want an early game power increase, which doesn't scale into lategame? Go conscripts. Want actual infantry that you can rely on throughout the match? Go penals.

Penals should get a cost increase and a DPS buff (to make them similar to riflemen), then get a PPSH upgrade or a flamer upgrade to flesh them out for other roles.

Exactly. But the PPSh upgrade should still be locked behind a commander for Penals. Conscripts should get them without a commander (a commander that is horribly uselsess anyway). Penals should keep their flamethrowers, but when a commander with PPSh is chosen, they can only get one upgrade, so either flamethrower or PPSh.

Another idea could be the PPS 43, a simpler version of the PPSh 41. Give it better PPSh 41 stats, a little more dps.
16 Jul 2015, 15:12 PM

First of all, molotov must be fixed, it is in horrible position now, or entire upgrade system, you pay 125/25 for each upgrade and it's one of the most expensive global upgrades in the game, even with NDA. It could be cheaper, like 125/15 for molotov or for everything + fu price to medics, or could be one upgrade, like Relic did to zooks/bar's.
aaa
16 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

Everybody always complains about the conscripts. How about Penals? They are supposed to be semi automatic units that are effective against infantry, even have satchell charges. They are nowhere near as effective as Riflemen or Grenadiers with g43s. The Penals use the svt 40 Tokorov, the weapon that the Germans used to design the G43. It makes no sense why the Penals suck. To my believe Relic put them in purely to fill up the army and bash on Soviet Penal betallions as being squads full of scum, giving their game an extra layer of Identity.

Make the Penals usefull, make them acutally as viable as Riflemen, give them some veterancy love and give them some at possibilities. I keep saying this, make the Penals the core infantry unit when it comes to balance and scaling.

Penals are a waste of spot in T1. Cons and penals are overlap. Fak this game. It was OK (with stupid T1-T2 but at least playable on decent level) in april but know its trash. Exactly that.
aaa
16 Jul 2015, 17:33 PM

Thats why they fail. 10+ years old game like Age of empires stream are getting mor viewers than this one. No one consider that game to be worth any competitive events.
On youtube best recent games geting 100-500 views after months. So ROmeo is not doing any casts anymore.
16 Jul 2015, 18:49 PM

The scale of Cons in late game has been discussed for years, meanwhile nothing have done. The Overlap of Penals and Cons has also been discussed since the game started, still no changes on them. Even the non-doc upgrades for Cons been discussing since COH2 alive and in April, but not even a little piece of love on them....Dun forget, they used two years to finally swap SU-76 and T-34/76.

Meanwhile, the complaints on Con's sandbags has been changed within one day(or two).....But the rifle-grenades still wiping any allies troops and even HMGs at vet 2(before the previous update)....

TBH, I dun believe I could see any buff to cons at the last minute, or even in the coming Brits patch......
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS