Login

russian armor

DSHK Viability

10 Jul 2015, 16:25 PM

I know that the DSHK got a suppression buff this patch while the Maxim did not, so my question is how worthwhile is it to use now? Can it suppress more than 1 squad or is it just a more expensive Maxim with AP rounds and slightly higher damage?

Thanks!
10 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM

Honestly the Dhsk's suppression buff is quite useful as it has a larger range than the normal maxim allowing it to suppress at max distance, it is usually best utilized within a building but it can also be used to support against gren blobs, however it must still be supported as it is slow and easy to flank. So it can be viable with the proper support, I have found Dhsk's to be most useful with lend-lease doc, since every other doc isn't very viable with the Dhsk.
10 Jul 2015, 20:55 PM

Thanks for the input. I'd been hoping to experiment with Lend-Lease given the other recent changes in the last patch which is why I asked. (As much as everyone loves the Defense Commander)

Does anyone know offhand if it can suppress/pin more than 1 squad at a time? Do you think it should be used as more of an assault support weapon or can it be used defensively to hold an area like an MG42 with a smaller arc of fire?
10 Jul 2015, 21:38 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 17:59 PMVonIvan
Honestly the Dhsk's suppression buff is quite useful as it has a larger range than the normal maxim

Both HMGs have the same range (45):

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/dshk_38_sokolov_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/maxim_m1910_hmg_mp

I think Dshkas are still a bit overpriced. 280MP would be enough IMO.
11 Jul 2015, 00:17 AM

Both HMGs have the same range (45):

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/dshk_38_sokolov_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/maxim_m1910_hmg_mp

I think Dshkas are still a bit overpriced. 280MP would be enough IMO.

Could have sworn the range for the Dhsk was larger, could've been a recent ninja patch. :foreveralone:
11 Jul 2015, 13:06 PM

So does it mean Defense Tactic being viable now?
12 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

So does it mean Defense Tactic being viable now?

No, it's still awful. Dshk and 120 only good things in this doctrine and you cant win only with those two.
12 Jul 2015, 21:12 PM
Donator 11

DShK is quite usefull vs light vehicles now with its penetration buff. It can even kill an okw aa halftrack, especially as it shoots short bursts even when pinned, not enough to pin other mg but more than enough to kill a vehicle.
12 Jul 2015, 22:57 PM

DShK is quite usefull vs light vehicles now with its penetration buff. It can even kill an okw aa halftrack, especially as it shoots short bursts even when pinned, not enough to pin other mg but more than enough to kill a vehicle.

Yeah-yeah...

12 Jul 2015, 23:59 PM
Donator 11

Yeah-yeah...

It kills 222 or aa ht much faster, and okw aa ht must stop to fire, considering how quickly DShK can turn around ht is unable to fire at it without taking damage and since it shoots even when pinned (I know all mgs do but most mg doesnt have such pen) it is pretty impossible to kill it with a ht. Especially if you also get brand new 25% HP main gun destroyed crit that happens very often on light vehicles for some reason.
13 Jul 2015, 02:49 AM
Patrion 14

It kills 222 or aa ht much faster, and okw aa ht must stop to fire, considering how quickly DShK can turn around ht is unable to fire at it without taking damage and since it shoots even when pinned (I know all mgs do but most mg doesnt have such pen) it is pretty impossible to kill it with a ht. Especially if you also get brand new 25% HP main gun destroyed crit that happens very often on light vehicles for some reason.

I think the point is that the DSHK AP rounds are just terrible compared to incindiary rounds. They cost the same, but AP rounds only have better pen at close, worse at mid and long, and don't increase damage. An ost mg42 w/ incindiaries could kill that ht on 2 bursts, while the DSHK couldn't kill it in 5.
13 Jul 2015, 05:01 AM

I think the point is that the DSHK AP rounds are just terrible compared to incindiary rounds. They cost the same, but AP rounds only have better pen at close, worse at mid and long, and don't increase damage. An ost mg42 w/ incindiaries could kill that ht on 2 bursts, while the DSHK couldn't kill it in 5.

So really it's more of a soft counter to light vehicles, though decent enough if you can AT grenade the HT first and then use the DSHK to finish it off faster. Which is a nice secondary perk to have available on a HMG.

I was thinking of using it more as a Gren blob counter and/or in strategic buildings on certain maps to lock down an area. The church on Bastraya Voda comes to mind as an example or that one large building on Rails and Metal near the south fuel point. I suppose the question is how much of an improvement the DSHK is over the Maxim in that role considering that it's doctrinal and costs more MP.
13 Jul 2015, 06:58 AM
Patrion 14

So really it's more of a soft counter to light vehicles, though decent enough if you can AT grenade the HT first and then use the DSHK to finish it off faster. Which is a nice secondary perk to have available on a HMG.

I was thinking of using it more as a Gren blob counter and/or in strategic buildings on certain maps to lock down an area. The church on Bastraya Voda comes to mind as an example or that one large building on Rails and Metal near the south fuel point. I suppose the question is how much of an improvement the DSHK is over the Maxim in that role considering that it's doctrinal and costs more MP.

In terms of ai, the DSHK is definetly better than the maxim. The DSHK can heavily damage squads and suppress multiple units, unlike it's nondoctrinal counterpart. Of course, part of this is due to the fact that the maxim is a piece of crap.

Take the dshk in lend lease. Its a great supprt unit in a great doctrine. Use it with assault guards to crush enemy opposition.

Don't expect it to beat gren blobs though. Vet2 rnades will wipe or in seconds.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★