Login

russian armor

USF superglue on tanks

PAGES (7)down
7 Jul 2015, 16:56 PM

I think critical engine repair is way too cheap, 10 muni and 3 seconds allow you to repair the crit from a 50 muni mine and simply drive away scot free.

I propose it should either cost 40-50 muni or take much longer to remove engine crits.
7 Jul 2015, 17:07 PM

So how much should cost panzer tactician, which negates button which costs 75mun for DP upgrade and another 40 to use it, totaling at 105mun?
7 Jul 2015, 17:09 PM

So how much should cost panzer tactician, which negates button which costs 75mun for DP upgrade and another 40 to use it, totaling at 105mun?

The answer is that DP's and button should be cheaper, not that panzer tactician should be nerfed (a change to allow it to fire smoke like the sherman WOULD be awesome tho).

To address the OP, it should cost a bit more or take longer yes. It's especially unfair now that mines are the only go to way of snaring tanks normally.
7 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM

Katitof , do you have life with your 5k+ post?
anyway, the smoke is doctrinal while repair isnot :/
7 Jul 2015, 17:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Whats this,the 6th nerf allies thread youve made.

If they hit the mine on a flank and they get critted,they have to cancel their flank and repair. Mine did its job.

if they hit the mine on the frontline,jumping out to repair a crit is extremely risky under fire,especially with new popular MG42 spam,one burst of suppression or DPS = free sherman. Mine Did its job.

USF tanks are complete paper,but yeah,lets take away the one survivability perk they have going for them.
7 Jul 2015, 17:15 PM

If they hit the mine on a flank and they get critted,they have to cancel their flank and repair. Mine did its job.

if they hit the mine on the frontline,jumping out to repair a crit is extremely risky under fire,especially with new popular MG42 spam,one burst of suppression or DPS = free sherman. Mine Did its job.

USF tanks are complete paper,but yeah,lets take away the one survivability perk they have going for them.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the ability itself, rather, it's that it just costs to little :)
7 Jul 2015, 17:16 PM

Soviet t34 arenot made by rock neither, Cookie.
If it hits a mine, it is dead.
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't think anyone has a problem with the ability itself, rather, it's that it just costs to little :)

whatever
Patrion 14

At the same time, you have to look at the ability in terms of cost effectiveness. I agree that an unguarded mine shouldn't really matter, but at the same time, repair critical is currently bugged so that you can hop out, press the ability, then hop back in before the ability actually cycles. This makes counter-play only have a brief window of opportunity (about 1 second). 10 mu is also quite cheap for the ability itself.

I would be all for seeing repair critical lose its bugginess and actually make the crew vulnerable, and for the price to increase as well a little (30 mu is probably a good number, since there is also the inherent risk of losing the vet crew).

However, I would also like to see USF get a 76mm gun upgrade on the base sherman to help shermans scale into the lategame more, and I doubt that will ever happen :(
7 Jul 2015, 17:21 PM

whatever

dat bitterness

repair critical is currently bugged so that you can hop out, press the ability, then hop back in before the ability actually cycles. This makes counter-play only have a brief window of opportunity (about 1 second). 10 mu is also quite cheap for the ability itself.

^^^ this

If the ability actually functioned like it was supposed to and cost a decent amount like 30 muni it would be perfectly fine. I like how the ability allows orphaned crews help allies repair and encourages saving crews when you know you have a dead tank on your hands.

7 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

Katitof , do you have life with your 5k+ post?
anyway, the smoke is doctrinal while repair isnot :/

Actually its over 10k I believe. :megusta:
This is what happens when you have a job where you sit all day at pc and can use internet freely.

Also, guards aren't exactly a stock unit, are they?
Thats irrelevant.

Whats relevant is, USF can't use repair in combat, because they'll lose the crew and the tank in a split second due to focus fire, if you don't have any AT in the proximity to engage engine damaged armor, well, better luck next time. :foreveralone:

USFs perk is highest armor mobility and the lack of heavy armor.
Nerfing that is pointless, USF is muni starved enough already(inb4 "but Katitoooooooof, they spam P-47 on me!" yea, and how many nades and bars you see during that games? USF have most expensive and least cost effective weapon upgrades, most expensive vehicle upgrades and their offmaps aren't exactly cheap, they don't need anymore muni strain since they make ost look like muni floating faction-which actually is true thanks to CAS).
7 Jul 2015, 17:28 PM
Patrion 14

If the ability actually functioned like it was supposed to and cost a decent amount like 30 muni it would be perfectly fine. I like how the ability allows orphaned crews help allies repair and encourages saving crews when you know you have a dead tank on your hands.

Actually its bugged in two ways I believe. My crews seem to only be able to crit repair vehicles they just hopped out of (for whatever reason), making orphan crews only useful to repair to 100% (or have Thompsons B-) )

I only try to save crews with vet, since vet is the only way you will be able to keep up with German lategame mediums and heavies.
7 Jul 2015, 17:35 PM

Actually its over 10k I believe. :megusta:
This is what happens when you have a job where you sit all day at pc and can use internet freely.

Also, guards aren't exactly a stock unit, are they?
Thats irrelevant.

Whats relevant is, USF can't use repair in combat, because they'll lose the crew and the tank in a split second due to focus fire, if you don't have any AT in the proximity to engage engine damaged armor, well, better luck next time. :foreveralone:

USFs perk is highest armor mobility and the lack of heavy armor.
Nerfing that is pointless, USF is muni starved enough already(inb4 "but Katitoooooooof, they spam P-47 on me!" yea, and how many nades and bars you see during that games? USF have most expensive and least cost effective weapon upgrades, most expensive vehicle upgrades and their offmaps aren't exactly cheap, they don't need anymore muni strain since they make ost look like muni floating faction-which actually is true thanks to CAS).

See what Comm_Ash said; functionally the repairs are instant.

1919's anyone? Defensive stance? BARS are excellent on Urban/tight maps. The only really objectively shit upgrade is zooks and they are still at least occasionally worth getting 1 or 2 if you are floating fuel and your OKW enemy has gone for a light vehicle heavy build. Can also help deal with StuG spam.

And expensive vehicle upgrades? You mean skirts? I would gladly pay munitions to make my light vehicles more durable as OKW, and Ostheer/OKW both upgrade their tanks with MG's just like USF do, but in USF's case they pay more because the turret .50 is quite good.

Also before you jump all over me about how shit USF in 3's and 4's are I don't think anyone here disagrees that USF need help in other areas.
7 Jul 2015, 17:37 PM

I'm just pointing out unbalanced aspects when I see them, and it just so coincides USF still have many gimmicks that are either OP (Defensive stance, skill planes) or under priced abilities (Crit repair, demo charges) where as OKW have had most of their OP gimmicks nerfed into the ground since WFA release.

USF tanks (Stuart, Sherman, E-8, bulldozer) have pretty good armour, it's only the TD's that lack survivability. And even then you can launch smoke from a nearby sherman/rifle to cover their retreat.

I would say American vehicles have the best survivability in the game, keeping USF vehicles alive is easy mode. I mean how often can you say you've had a vet 3 scout car or kubel reach the end of the game like an m20 can?
7 Jul 2015, 17:51 PM

Maybe raise it to 20 munis, but any higher would be outrageous considering how paper thin the armor of USF vehicles are. :foreveralone:
7 Jul 2015, 17:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 17:37 PMRollo

USF tanks (Stuart, Sherman, E-8, bulldozer) have pretty good armour, it's only the TD's that lack survivability. And even then you can launch smoke from a nearby sherman/rifle to cover their retreat.

I would say American vehicles have the best survivability in the game, keeping USF vehicles alive is easy mode. I mean how often can you say you've had a vet 3 scout car or kubel reach the end of the game like an m20 can?

Im just going to ignore that and pretend I didnt see it.

I'm just pointing out unbalanced aspects when I see them, and it just so coincides USF still have many gimmicks that are either OP (Defensive stance, skill planes) or under priced abilities (Crit repair, demo charges) where as OKW have had most of their OP gimmicks nerfed into the ground since WFA release.

So make an OKW buff thread.
7 Jul 2015, 17:55 PM
Patrion 14

Stuarts have armor? Didn't know that. (80 armor, 400 HP) <- 3 Shots from AT platforms and tanks (Thats paper)

Shermans are the strongest mediums available to USF, and they only have 160 armor. <- 4 shots from AT platforms and tanks (can bounce P4).

We can talk about doctrinal units all day, but USF as a stock army only has the Sherman M4A3 for a medium tank. This means that USF has to rely on this tank for all their lategame potential. It is an indisputable fact that USF has the weakest lategame, mainly because they have to micro multiple mediums, each with only 640 HP maximum (yes, even the E8).

US tanks need repair critical because it is one of the few ways that they can curb the heavy losses that are apparent with such a micro heavy lategame. USF simply can't afford to pay for a new Sherman every 5 minutes with their heavy manpower bleed. If the ability gets fixed to not be bugged, you will have no reason to complain. Unless you think that an ability that takes 6 seconds to pull off is not enough time to wipe a crew with a repair debuff?
7 Jul 2015, 17:58 PM

USF vehicles are regarded as paper because ALL mediums in the game are paper with the exception of the Vet 2 JPIV and PIV, maybe the T34/85. What does USF have a lot of? Mediums, this means they will have a lot of paper tanks.

If Axis was much more reliant of medium armor you would see people complain Axis has paper tanks.

EDIT: If you want to prove this yourself just capture a USF AT gun as Axis and watch the rape happen before your very eyes. The point I'm making here is that Allied option for dealing with mediums are plentiful! It's just that Axis mediums never come in plentiful numbers :(
7 Jul 2015, 18:06 PM

See what Comm_Ash said; functionally the repairs are instant.

Because bugs=balance, right?

1919's anyone? Defensive stance? BARS are excellent on Urban/tight maps. The only really objectively shit upgrade is zooks and they are still at least occasionally worth getting 1 or 2 if you are floating fuel and your OKW enemy has gone for a light vehicle heavy build. Can also help deal with StuG spam.

1919s are more expensive and weaker then LMG42s.
I never said bars are bad, I said they aren't as cost effective as other weapons.

And expensive vehicle upgrades? You mean skirts? I would gladly pay munitions to make my light vehicles more durable as OKW, and Ostheer/OKW both upgrade their tanks with MG's just like USF do, but in USF's case they pay more because the turret .50 is quite good.

Compare ost upgrade costs to USF upgrade costs.
USF pintles are more expensive and less effective then ost pintles. Go check stats. Before you'll come up with "but squad difference", well that argument is worthless since OKW and USF were implemented.
Yes, skirts are great upgrades, they are also expensive ones. More expensive then what ost pays for AC to counter it.

Also before you jump all over me about how shit USF in 3's and 4's are I don't think anyone here disagrees that USF need help in other areas.

I don't really care for 3s and 4s. These are meat grinders without balance and will always be.

If I'd jump on you over something, it would be yet again because you're talking shit you don't know, like the USF pintles which are almost 50% more expensive but do less then MG42 pintles.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 41
Germany 720
Netherlands 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %