Login

russian armor

Great job Relic, now CoH2 crashes even more than it used to.

26 Jun 2015, 19:30 PM

At least 50% of the time BEFORE the last patch CoH2 usually crashed as soon as I clicked the "exit match" button once a match was over or someone surrendered. I accepted it and just kinda dealt with it, annoying as it was.

Now, instead of crashing when I click the button, instead it crashes as soon as I am brought to the match stats screen after a match. This is happening nearly every single match.

I don't understand. How is this game still so buggy after all this time? Not to mention all the old bugs STILL NOT FIXED like grenades NOT BEING THROWN and all the new sound issues.

This is getting ridiculous. I am so tired of the crashes. Please someone here tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this, I am about to go fucking crazy!

I'll add some information for anyone interested. I use a GTX 970, a newer high end GPU. I have zero issues with any other games except CoH2. I have no other performance issues with the game aside from the crashes.

I swear, I must send at least 2-3 bugsplat reports every single day I play CoH2.
26 Jun 2015, 19:58 PM
Patrion 310

Verified game cache?
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 20:06 PM

Great job Relic, now CoH2 crashes even more than

This is good thing that this game crashes now. What a idiots. What the did with this game its unplayable now.
26 Jun 2015, 20:09 PM

I have a gtx 970, game crashed a lot for me before, still crashes a lot, not noticed a change myself.
26 Jun 2015, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 20:06 PMaaa

This is good thing that this game crashes now. What a idiots. What the did with this game its unplayable now.

It's perfectly playable...
26 Jun 2015, 20:29 PM
Patrion 14

rarely crashed for me before and haven't changed for me.
26 Jun 2015, 20:31 PM

0 problems here
26 Jun 2015, 21:02 PM
Donator 11

Reinstalling, new drivers, even a fresh OS could help.
Software is tricky and little changes could make your game more stable or crash.

You should try new/older drivers, reinstalling the game and installing a fresh OS is the last option.
26 Jun 2015, 21:03 PM

Check your event viewer for critical application errors as a first step towards trouble shooting.
26 Jun 2015, 21:34 PM
26 Jun 2015, 21:42 PM

I experience the same crashes :P they are annoying as fuq
26 Jun 2015, 22:39 PM

Only issue i've had was when I opened a war spoils and it got stuck in a loop so I couldn't close it. Other than that zero problems.
26 Jun 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 22:39 PMTetley
Only issue i've had was when I opened a war spoils and it got stuck in a loop so I couldn't close it. Other than that zero problems.

Yeah I get this sometimes, then I have to restart the game. :/
27 Jun 2015, 03:27 AM

GTX 980ti.

Last patch it crashed a lot when I tried to boot the game.

Now it crashes every time I boot the game. I cannot even get in once.

I already reported major Nvidia instability during the Alpha, Nvidia and Relic really need to sort this one out because it's infuriating. CANNOT PLAY THE GAME. I know two other Nvidia users experiencing various degrees of instability, one on a 770, one on a 970.
27 Jun 2015, 03:38 AM
Patrion 28

GTX 980ti.

Last patch it crashed a lot when I tried to boot the game.

Now it crashes every time I boot the game. I cannot even get in once.

I already reported major Nvidia instability during the Alpha, Nvidia and Relic really need to sort this one out because it's infuriating. CANNOT PLAY THE GAME. I know two other Nvidia users experiencing various degrees of instability, one on a 770, one on a 970.

are you getting texture corruption or just crashes? you could try opening a thread on the nvidia website but if you don't have any examples i'm not sure it would help.
27 Jun 2015, 03:42 AM

are you getting texture corruption or just crashes? you could try opening a thread on the nvidia website but if you don't have any examples i'm not sure it would help.

I have no idea what texture corruption is in this context.

I click on the game, I see the CoH2 logo, then the screen flashes, then it's black, then crash to dekstop. Takes only a couple of seconds from first boot to crash. I never see the main menu.

Last few drivers/patches the instability was sometimes crashing on boot, but even when it didn't it would constantly seem like it was struggling to attain fullscreen, like it would switch between full screen and bordered a couple of times, flash a few times, then eventually either crash or decide to boot properly seemingly with no rhyme or reason. Then, when in game, if I dared alt tab, it would crash > 75% of the time.

Now I can't even get that far. I have verified the cache, it downloaded a 10mb file, then it was exactly the same and nothing was fixed anyway.
27 Jun 2015, 04:05 AM

28 Jun 2015, 03:32 AM
Patrion 28

I have no idea what texture corruption is in this context.

I click on the game, I see the CoH2 logo, then the screen flashes, then it's black, then crash to dekstop. Takes only a couple of seconds from first boot to crash. I never see the main menu.

Last few drivers/patches the instability was sometimes crashing on boot, but even when it didn't it would constantly seem like it was struggling to attain fullscreen, like it would switch between full screen and bordered a couple of times, flash a few times, then eventually either crash or decide to boot properly seemingly with no rhyme or reason. Then, when in game, if I dared alt tab, it would crash > 75% of the time.

Now I can't even get that far. I have verified the cache, it downloaded a 10mb file, then it was exactly the same and nothing was fixed anyway.

well it's not texture corruption then. texture corruption is kind of hard to explain and i didn't save any pictures but basically the models had exploded verts all over and textures were rendering incorrectly (in a lot of different ways).
28 Jun 2015, 07:48 AM

So as an update it seems like if I alt tab during startup it sometimes doesn't crash? It may also have been me closing the Nvidia backend process but I'm not sure. It still sometimes crashes but no-longer always.
28 Jun 2015, 08:37 AM

Permanently Banned
Relic back optimization in game :*(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment