Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
25 Jun 2015, 13:45 PM
Donator 22

And being surppressed while in green cover.

yeah thats bullshit and needs to get fixed!
25 Jun 2015, 13:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Alright everyone. Lets all assume for 1 second that both players aren't trying to blob. Ok and now, cue argument.
25 Jun 2015, 13:51 PM

Some food for thought regarding this discussion:
1. Are you blobbing?
2. Are you using smoke just as you've been suppressed?
3. Do you use Rifle flares?
4. Do you use mortar flares?
5. Are you not scouting enemy defences?
6. Do you A move carelessly?
7. Are you still living in a world where Con and Rifle blobbing into an MG arc is viable?

If you answered yes to any questions 1-7 then your having problems with the MG-42. Countering an MG hasn't changed, why did no one complain about it when it was doing the same thing but slightly worse??? I am perplexed tbh

Regardless of whether or not the MG-42 is over-performing, USF needs earlier units that can deal with static defence.
25 Jun 2015, 14:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 13:43 PMKatitof

Given CoH2 narrow maps, roads and cutoffs it makes it exceptionally difficult to pull a proper flank without circling half of the map. CoH1 also had much more open maps, hell comparing CoH1 semois to coh2 version speaks for itself.

I agree with you on this point. CoH1 had more maps at its disposal which were far better suited for flanking maneuvers and which were indeed more balanced but there were also some maps which I despised (Beaux Blowlands...). CoH1 had even maps I really loved to play on like Duclair, Angoville, Semois (unlike Semoiskiy in CoH2) and there were actually enough vetos. :snfPeter:

How many "balance problems" would disappear if CoH2 maps were more balanced. :guyokay:

aaa
25 Jun 2015, 14:34 PM

If only more maps allowed flanking maneuvers... :foreveralone:

That short word "if".
Fnank is not an option in many situations.

What i think i will try on urban maps
4 cons 2 mortars opening
1. In case of enemy having 2 mgs I will have 2 more infantry squads and to cap points in the opening. (if 1 mg i will flank it)

2. after that it will be like 4 cons 2 mortars vs 4 greens 2 mgs. And try hard to get vet 1 to any mortar.

3. After mortar gets vet 1. I will pound him using flares (which he dont have as far as i know) probably forcing to attack. And he cannot attack with his mgs he will attacj with infantry outside of mg range and die.
25 Jun 2015, 14:37 PM

Permanently Banned

Lets assume you've plsyed USF..

oh, what a shame.
Challenge accepted.
25 Jun 2015, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 14:34 PMaaa

That short word "if".
Fnank is not an option in many situations.

What i think i will try on urban maps
4 cons 2 mortars opening
1. In case of enemy having 2 mgs I will have 2 more infantry squads and to cap points in the opening. (if 1 mg i will flank it)

2. after that it will be like 4 cons 2 mortars vs 4 greens 2 mgs. And try hard to get vet 1 to any mortar.

3. After mortar gets vet 1. I will pound him using flares (which he dont have as far as i know) probably forcing to attack. And he cannot attack with his mgs he will attacj with infantry outside of mg range and die.

Why not 5 cons 2 guards ? ; P

If he have a 2 MG start, he have 0 mobility, so:

- Flank from side or behind
- 2 Cons Hoorah in 2 different angle
You will outnumber him so much, 2MG start is very vulnerable to M3 flamer followed by guards

25 Jun 2015, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 11:37 AMjesulin
In some cases I agree, HMG42 is so powerfull against squads in green cover :loco: although the biggest problem I find is when you are playing as USF in some maps, it so painfull to counter.

I agree.

No real difference between Green/Yellow/Red cover.
Narrow maps now go on the veto list.
Additionally the incendiary rounds are OP and still have been for a long time. Have you tried them with this patch. You should.

For all HMG

Troops stay suppressed far too long once the HMG has left the area.

This is also a flash back to CoH2 launch discussions about the MG42. We could more then likely just bump those old threads.
25 Jun 2015, 14:45 PM

every HMG (+ kubel) seems able to suppress squads in green cover this patch, they failed on this one...
25 Jun 2015, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 14:42 PMNapalm

This is also a flash back to CoH2 launch discussions about the MG42. We could more then likely just bump those old threads.

Or bump the cost.

If MG42 is cost efficient for 240mp, then .50 cal, maxim and DSHK are way to expensive for what they offer in comparison.

This thing is crazy effective now, I don't mind it staying this way, but if it will, its severely under-priced for the performance it provides.
25 Jun 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 14:49 PMKatitof

If MG42 is cost efficient for 240mp, then .50 cal, maxim and DSHK are way to expensive for what they offer in comparison.

I have to agree with this. It is slightly under priced but in now way OP. Nerfing it again would be just laughable. Increasing the cost to 260-270 seems fair to me.
25 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM
Donator 33

I still think it's too early to claim something to be OP. People have to adapt to the new changes first.

It reminds me of the WFA release when everyone claimed the Stuka was OP because it was so accurate. People insta-retreated when they heard the sound and got rekt on retreat.

HMGs are now reliable inf counters unless they get flanked or simply outnumbered.

Scouting is important against the new HMGs .

As Soviets you have plenty of options to counter HMG play, as USF you'll have to be more careful in the early game. REs are good to spot HMGs so that you can flank them with rifles.

Narrow maps are a problem though.

Also: Why does everyone seem to think green cover should provide immunity to suppression?
25 Jun 2015, 15:10 PM

A lot of people get hung up on the fact that when you play allies you have to dominate in the early game otherwise axis late game will be the end of you since its always been known to be really strong. As of now with the last FEW patches allies late game become more powerful and allied players should realize that if they don't dominate early on that it wont be the end of the game for them.
25 Jun 2015, 15:13 PM

Also: Why does everyone seem to think green cover should provide immunity to suppression?

Tradition, mostly. Also micro-intensive but munitions-free means for handling the new MG seem to me to be a good thing. Really, present MG performance is fine but USF needs a t0 mortar with flare and smoke or the old Jeep back.

Still, I gotta admit that I'm not a fan of the changes. A static suppression based game isn't a fun to play or watch as a mobile infantry based game.
25 Jun 2015, 15:27 PM
Donator 11

MG42 is fine, good to know who blobs on this forum though. :megusta:
25 Jun 2015, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 09:29 AMppsh41
I don't know what's wrong with the hmg last patch, it is too hard for USF to counter OStheer HMG this patch in early game, two HMG can simply shutdown everything it is really frustrating, I feel everyone from German side are playing Ostheer now. something has to be done for the HMG now.

flank mg and have skill Kappa
25 Jun 2015, 15:40 PM

yeah thats bullshit and needs to get fixed!

haha all blobber cry now :D MVGame
25 Jun 2015, 15:44 PM

It's fine, now you can't get overwhelmed by a frontal charge, a 2 way flank even within the ark of fire will still win you the engagement, simply can't A-move anymore against ost for the first 10 minutes of the game.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS