Login

russian armor

Dynamic Battlefields a possibility? *Discussion/Relic*

23 Jun 2015, 17:08 PM
Donator 11

While we are on the eve of a new patch, I would like to talk about CoH2 map design.

Currently we have dozens of maps as well as custom maps, they feature snow, rain, and clear skies as well as mechanics such as ice and mud. There are many ways to make CoH maps feel alive an realistic however we still missing the dynamic maps of VCoH. Adding TOD (Time Of Day) changes such as day and night cycles as well as weather such as rain and possibly light snow on certain maps would been an awesome addition to already great maps.

These weather changes as well as TOD changes could already be added to certain maps and could be randomized or fixed to a static mode in a custom game or in auto match. Overall it is important we start making maps more dynamic and visually fun as well as help change stale maps to be ascetically pleasing even after they have been in the line up of auto match maps for months

Let Relic and the community know how you feel below and have a happy 23rd of June patch.
23 Jun 2015, 17:24 PM

Visually, yes that would be cool.

But all the stupid RNG mechanics, ie Blizzards, please no.
23 Jun 2015, 17:31 PM

I think you are talking about some other coh1 then everyone else played here.

CoH2 maps are incomparably more dynamic by the existence of blizzards alone.

And there wasn't day night cycle in coh1, maybe in campaign, but you have the same in ToW.
23 Jun 2015, 17:39 PM

The day night cycle is imho incredibly unrealistic, it had sense in Brody Tank War only :snfBarton:
23 Jun 2015, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 17:31 PMKatitof
I think you are talking about some other coh1 then everyone else played here.

CoH2 maps are incomparably more dynamic by the existence of blizzards alone.

And there wasn't day night cycle in coh1, maybe in campaign, but you have the same in ToW.

Dynamic doesn't mean better, i still find most of coh2 maps boring, and annoying to play.

I could be wrong, but i think day-night cycle existed in one or two maps in 1v1...
I think one of the maps was "Best" (thats a name of map), but i cant find any gameplay because of stupid name...
23 Jun 2015, 17:55 PM

Dynamic doesn't mean better, i still find most of coh2 maps boring, and annoying to play.

I could be wrong, but i think day-night cycle existed in one or two maps in 1v1...
I think one of the maps was "Best" (thats a name of map), but i cant find any gameplay because of stupid name...

I'm curious, what would make coh2 maps not boring to you?

A map in coh2 (or any RTS really...), simply put, is no more than a gloried chess board... and yes, a chess board is a 'boring map'.
23 Jun 2015, 18:57 PM

I'm curious, what would make coh2 maps not boring to you?

A map in coh2 (or any RTS really...), simply put, is no more than a gloried chess board... and yes, a chess board is a 'boring map'.

Well, im not sure if you are trolling me with this shite u write, or you are just a special snowflake.

That post is so out of context that i wont/cant type a normal response, so i end up with this one... Good day
23 Jun 2015, 19:00 PM

Well, im not sure if you are trolling me with this shite u write, or you are just a special snowflake.

That post is so out of context that i wont/cant type a normal response, so i end up with this one... Good day

All I did was ask a legit question dude. I'm genuinely curious.

You act as if I insulted you or something. Sorry I guess...
23 Jun 2015, 19:14 PM

Also, to answer your so-out-of-context post - I'm a special snowflake... Good day!
23 Jun 2015, 19:16 PM

All I did was ask a legit question dude. I'm genuinely curious.

You act as if I insulted you or something. Sorry I guess...

Yes you did ask a legit question, but i was like wtf at second part...

Well, first, deep snow is annoying and doesn't add possibilities, it takes them away, same for blizzards, it ruins the thempo of the match. I see what they wanted to do with that kind of feature, but... they failed.

Ice on river can be annoying, if ur tank is 5 cm on ice and ice breaks, tanks sinks... U can say that isn't a problem of map, but still... one more reason i avoid all snow maps...

Latest maps that they put into automatch were full of bugs.

There are more reasons, but... Doesn't matter what i type here, it wont make a difference.

23 Jun 2015, 19:22 PM

Actually, I agree with you on all points.

The snow and all that crap is incredibly annoying and ruins the competitive aspect.

But despite this, I don't see how that is 'boring' - Annoying, yes very much so.

Anyway, thanks for your answer!
23 Jun 2015, 19:25 PM

Ye it was my idea, I want it ye
23 Jun 2015, 19:40 PM
Donator 11

Maybe having random time of days for maps or maybe rain?
When I said add light snow I meant it as a weather effect not the deep snow you see in other maps that also means blizzards.

A better way to put it is "different variants of current maps using TOD changes and weather effects. possible lay outs"

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight