Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
18 Jun 2015, 00:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn't expect that the community would blow up so much about this.

These are changes to improve the game rather than shake its bases (what people expected this to be). I guess it's a mater of expectations.

Problem is: probably the game is gonna be played on the same way it has been going on for the last months. Tweak here and there, but Commander would remain the same.
Although i don't have as much hopes as the others who participated on the alpha that everything was gonna be rainbow colours.

CoH 2.5 soon™

PD: Partisans and Irregulars :ph34r:
18 Jun 2015, 00:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 00:12 AMCieZ

The Su76 buff makes sense because the current Su76 is terrible. Everyone knows it.

The Stug G buff makes sense without a range increase so the Su85 and other, more expensive TDs. It's still a massive buff.

T34/85s are a lot easier to deal with than ISUs and IS2s. Especially with Stug G and Raketen buffs.

Buffing a unit but sticking it behind a absolute absurd cost or next to a better unit means it will be used just as much as before; IE not at all. Why get an SU-76 if it's in the same tier as a better tank? Why get a StuG III G instead of a PIV and a Pak gun?

The StuG G should have 60 range, if it's a dedicated TD now why doesn't it have dedicated TD range?
18 Jun 2015, 00:22 AM

Has this really changed that much other than cementing Guard Motor as the most common Soviet commander?
18 Jun 2015, 00:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I didn't expect that the community would blow up so much about this.

Really?

Cynthia couldn't tell us what her favourite biscuit was without there being a flame war between the Jammy Dodgers and the Chocolate Digestives; meanwhile the Water Biscuits would stand to the side going "You know biscuits don't have to be sweet you know"
18 Jun 2015, 00:34 AM

Yes, that's have that conversation:

A You never see multiple KT in 1v1

B Yes, that's true, but you see them in larger modes

A Well not in 1v1

B Then it makes no difference to you if there's a limit does it?

I'm fine with multiple KTs.

In fact I think it's balanced. I was supporting the fact that OKW should be allowed to field multiple KTs. They're not as amazing as people make them out to be. Especially compared to IS2s and ISUs.
18 Jun 2015, 00:35 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Really?

Cynthia couldn't tell us what her favourite biscuit was without there being a flame war between the Jammy Dodgers and the Chocolate Digestives; meanwhile the Water Biscuits would stand to the side going "You know biscuits don't have to be sweet you know"

Mate you are a god
18 Jun 2015, 00:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Has this really changed that much other than cementing Guard Motor as the most common Soviet commander?

There's some good stuff here.

Every plane crash tells a story

People who were in Alpha are complaining that not everything in Alpha was here

Yet Relic have said that they are doing this bit by bit, and I think this is a big enough chunk for now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Armoured Assault may see a come back, as you can get an IS2 and then loads of T34-85s
18 Jun 2015, 00:38 AM

Armoured Assault may see a come back, as you can get an IS2 and then loads of T34-85s

You mean loads of call-in no-tech bullshit (like any other day in the past 2 years)
18 Jun 2015, 00:39 AM

I love how you bow down (and) for what a modder would do in an hour. And how you keep on telling the community, whos been crying for these changes, how retarded they are. You should rest your tongue boy.

Following me around shit-posting me just makes you look stupid. Keep trying.

Sure a modder could make these changes to the config file in an hour. Well, not all of them. But that's not the point.

You can't just throw changes into a config file and call it a patch. You have to test and iterate and keep progressing towards a more balanced game. Real patches take time, effort, hard work and testing.

Even microsoft only patches once a month, despite them needing to fix major vulnerabilities in Windows and other products. Even if the fix takes an engineer 5-10 minutes to make.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: I've never called anyone in the community retarded, at least not in this thread anyways.
18 Jun 2015, 00:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 00:34 AMCieZ

I'm fine with multiple KTs.

In fact I think it's balanced. I was supporting the fact that OKW should be allowed to field multiple KTs. They're not as amazing as people make them out to be. Especially compared to IS2s and ISUs.

Fair enough, I just have an issue with everyone else* being limited to 1 but not OKW.

*Well, technically Sov and OKH as USF are still limited to 0
18 Jun 2015, 00:40 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2015, 23:42 PMCieZ

Replay pls.

Inb4 4v4. Yay.

Still an extremely cost-inefficient tank.

relic in the patch note wrote:
"This also severely effects 3v3 and 4v4 games where players can see up to 12 Heavy Vehicles in a match."

So they clearly had 3v3+ in mind when implementing this. now, i am not gonna argue whether KT is inefficient or what not, but one okw player being able to field 2 KTs whilst allies can't is a huge advantage in a long drawn out 3v3+.

18 Jun 2015, 00:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You mean loads of call-in no-tech bullshit (like any other day in the past 2 years)

You missed Soviet Industry, remember that?

Seriously though, Shock Rifle was very good and Armoured Assault was very rare. If it gets it's day in the sun I won't lose any sleep about that, bearing in mind that what you get from it other than the tanks is underwhelming
18 Jun 2015, 00:52 AM

I gave you a very well constructed argument in another reply, you ingnored that. Apart from that, everyone seems to agree you love Relic with all of your heart. You defending a patch or anything Relic does, is something not to be taken very seriously.

12/10, would argue again

I'm must more critical of Relic than you, or most people realize.

Just because I don't criticize their decisions on public forums, doesn't mean that I don't criticize them.

I give Relic plenty of feedback on places other than CoH2.org - places you probably don't have access to =/

Sorry. Not sorry.
18 Jun 2015, 00:53 AM

You missed Soviet Industry, remember that?

Seriously though, Shock Rifle was very good and Armoured Assault was very rare. If it gets it's day in the sun I won't lose any sleep about that, bearing in mind that what you get from it other than the tanks is underwhelming

Never forget KV-2 era of 100 range pin point wipe, turret-ISU.

or Katyusha patch.
18 Jun 2015, 00:54 AM

Buffing a unit but sticking it behind a absolute absurd cost or next to a better unit means it will be used just as much as before; IE not at all. Why get an SU-76 if it's in the same tier as a better tank? Why get a StuG III G instead of a PIV and a Pak gun?

The StuG G should have 60 range, if it's a dedicated TD now why doesn't it have dedicated TD range?

Because the Stug G would cost you WAY less in terms of both fuel and MP than a Pz4 + PaK?

Because the Stug G is more mobile than a PaK, and it cannot be de-crewed while being significantly stronger at killing tanks than the Pz4 is.

Su76 in T4 will probably see a little love. It's a start but the unit could be moved or changed further.
18 Jun 2015, 00:58 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

In all this patch isn't bad. In a nutshell:

Pros I see this patch:

+ Precision Strike removed for all mortars and the kat (thank god) As a result, lots of my units won't get randomly wiped.
+ RNG in general got a huge nerf. YES! (flamer explosion chance nerfed, plane crash nerfed, engine destroyed engine crit removed etc.)
+ Skin, Decal, Victory Strike mods! Finally we can spice things up a bit.
+ Prioritize is added for many tanks
+ Hold fire for camo infantry
+ Blob easier to deal with (MGs got buffed)

Cons:

-Call in meta not fixed yet. T-38/85s will be spammed to high hell once again. Let's hope the new Stug G and cloaked raktens can help in this matter.
-Reinforced wire now 'cuttable'? What about denying enemy vehicles movement? OKW players can't do that now. I hope therefore the build time is reduced.
18 Jun 2015, 01:01 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 00:52 AMCieZ

I'm must more critical of Relic than you, or most people realize.

Just because I don't criticize their decisions on public forums, doesn't mean that I don't criticize them.

I give Relic plenty of feedback on places other than CoH2.org - places you probably don't have access to =/

Sorry. Not sorry.

They don't seem to value your feedback much then. The few changes they make can't all be from your feedback, you overflow them with it in your special places.

Having acces to those places doesn't seem to pay off at all, why would I want acces to those places then? Please do tell me
18 Jun 2015, 01:08 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its not bad per se, but you can't limit Tigers when T34/85's + Marked Target are left untouched. Axis is already the underdog in 2v2's now its going to be practically useless.
18 Jun 2015, 01:14 AM

'Tis a salty thread, my liege, proceed with caution.
18 Jun 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Really?

Bad memory. I just checked the last patch thread and we barely had the same amount of pages by this similar time.
PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS