Login

russian armor

Encountered a very effective allied tactic

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
7 Jun 2015, 20:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi,

Just played many 2v2s as OKW and we encountered a tactic we couldn't beat, whatever we tried. I wanted to share it with you since I know a lot of people struggle with late game German armor.

It was on minsk pocket (I know horrible map), One went airborne with the p47 strafe, the other one went lend lease doctrine.

The usf player made:

- paratrooper browning lmg blob
- supported it with a scott
- spammed jacksons

the soviet dude

- conscript spam
- 3 dshka hmg
- lend lease shermans (about 3 to 4)
- 2 field guns
- mortar
- kattyuasha

We couldn't match the spam nor the armor, since the map is really clustered. The p47s pretty much chased us into our base, kept firing at us even while we were repairing. They were killing our tanks in pockets were they kept clumping up due to the sheer clusterfuck of the map. The paratroopers roamed the field, melting anything away. P47s kept comming due to the fact that they made several fuel and muni caches.

some bad rng saw my vet 5 volksgrenadiers die one by one due to being killed by one single katty hit. lend lease shermans penned panther from the front, the jacksons could penn anything, plus they are pretty cheap for their effectiveness.

Me and my friend pretty much got outplayed very badly, we couldn't match their play. Some rng with that and you have a very solid strategy to which the German players probably can't reply!

You might want to give it a try!

Cheers

7 Jun 2015, 20:58 PM

con spam 3 dshka

lel
7 Jun 2015, 21:08 PM

Permanently Banned
con spam 3 dshka

lel

haha it worked though!
7 Jun 2015, 21:57 PM

ok
7 Jun 2015, 22:06 PM

Dear Squeaky Door 96,

This is not a rare tactic. In fact, it's a popular one. The reason many of people are not taking your post seriously is because they see similar strategies very often, as allies have not as many different ways to defeat its opponents as axis.
7 Jun 2015, 22:44 PM
Patrion 28

need a replay to analyze what you did wrong and what they did right.
7 Jun 2015, 23:24 PM

You screwed up :D
8 Jun 2015, 04:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

need a replay to analyze what you did wrong and what they did right.
8 Jun 2015, 05:01 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Invised and edited some posts for being either disrespectful or not contributing at all!

Keep it classy guys :)

@Squeaky

A Replay would really help I suggest you post the one you are reffering too :)
8 Jun 2015, 14:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Invised and edited some posts for being either disrespectful or not contributing at all!

Keep it classy guys :)

@Squeaky

A Replay would really help I suggest you post the one you are reffering too :)

Thank you :)

Where can I find the replays :)? And I have played some other games after it, does this have any effect on said replay If I haven't saved it? Perhaps my friend still has it, I will check guys!

Squeaky
8 Jun 2015, 16:59 PM

Need a replay, but it appears that you did not inflict enough MP damage so they could afford spamming Infantry. You bled MP and you lost.
9 Jun 2015, 07:14 AM
Patrion 28

Thank you :)

Where can I find the replays :)? And I have played some other games after it, does this have any effect on said replay If I haven't saved it? Perhaps my friend still has it, I will check guys!

Squeaky

Documents\my games\Company of Heroes 2\playback

temp.rec is the last played game but you're out of luck if it's further back then that (or from a previous patch) and you didn't save it.
9 Jun 2015, 08:23 AM

Dont go double OKW, Mixed axis can shut down this strat pretty hard.
9 Jun 2015, 08:31 AM

Hey Squeaky Door 96 have you encountered a very effective axis tactic? It was on forum but has been locked.

I just copy it here:

Hi,

Just played many 2v2s as USF and we encountered a tactic we couldn't beat, whatever we tried. I wanted to share it with you .

It was on minsk pocket (I know horrible map), or any other One went AceTiger or Regular Tiger , the other one went King Tiger or even JagdTiger.

The Wehrm player made:

- Grenadiers lmg blob
- supported it with a AT Gun
- spammed PZ4 or Ostwind

the OKW dude

- Volks spam very often Fusiliers spam
- 1 Kubel hmg
- AA Halftruck
- 2 Raketten
- Stuka
- Jpz4

We couldn't match the spam nor the armor, since the map is really clustered. The Stuka strafe pretty much chased us into our base, kept firing at us even while we were repairing. They were killing our tanks in pockets were they kept clumping up due to the sheer clusterfuck of the map. The Greandiers roamed the field, melting anything away. Stuka kept comming due to the fact that they made several fuel and muni caches.

some bad rng saw my vet 3 Rifles die one by one due to being killed by one single Stuka the fuzz hit. Jpz4 penned Shermans or Jackson from the front, it could penn anything, plus they are pretty cheap for their effectiveness.

Me and my friend pretty much got outplayed very badly, we couldn't match their play. Some rng with that and you have a very solid strategy to which the Allies players probably can't reply!

Cheers
9 Jun 2015, 08:52 AM

Permanently Banned
Hey Squeaky Door 96 have you encountered a very effective axis tactic? It was on forum but has been locked.

I just copy it here:

Hi,

Just played many 2v2s as USF and we encountered a tactic we couldn't beat, whatever we tried. I wanted to share it with you .

It was on minsk pocket (I know horrible map), or any other One went AceTiger or Regular Tiger , the other one went King Tiger or even JagdTiger.

The Wehrm player made:

- Grenadiers lmg blob
- supported it with a AT Gun
- spammed PZ4 or Ostwind

the OKW dude

- Volks spam very often Fusiliers spam
- 1 Kubel hmg
- AA Halftruck
- 2 Raketten
- Stuka
- Jpz4

We couldn't match the spam nor the armor, since the map is really clustered. The Stuka strafe pretty much chased us into our base, kept firing at us even while we were repairing. They were killing our tanks in pockets were they kept clumping up due to the sheer clusterfuck of the map. The Greandiers roamed the field, melting anything away. Stuka kept comming due to the fact that they made several fuel and muni caches.

some bad rng saw my vet 3 Rifles die one by one due to being killed by one single Stuka the fuzz hit. Jpz4 penned Shermans or Jackson from the front, it could penn anything, plus they are pretty cheap for their effectiveness.

Me and my friend pretty much got outplayed very badly, we couldn't match their play. Some rng with that and you have a very solid strategy to which the Allies players probably can't reply!

Cheers

I understand what you are trying to say with this, I just don't understand why you have to do it like this?

I wasn't bitter about me being beaten by a strategy, I just wanted to share it with people whom have a hard time fighting axis.

But thanks for your response I guess, now I know what kind of person you are ;)
9 Jun 2015, 10:08 AM

I understand what you are trying to say with this, I just don't understand why you have to do it like this?

I wasn't bitter about me being beaten by a strategy, I just wanted to share it with people whom have a hard time fighting axis.

But thanks for your response I guess, now I know what kind of person you are ;)

Some people just seek conflict, that guy is one of 'em. Luckily the mods are troll hunting now, that kind of post shouldn't happen again.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 24
United States 2
United Kingdom 143
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L