Login

russian armor

*sigh* the OKW

7 Jun 2015, 07:08 AM
7 Jun 2015, 11:55 AM

1. It's "faction," not "fraction."
2. Sturms are not effective if they have to close on a stationary target. Even cons can wipe them in that situation.
3. SHQ is hard countered by a single AT gun, if you for some reason can't afford armor.
4. Panther is a tank hunter, IS2 is a heavy tank. Either way, a Panther will lose to two T-34/76 or even just one SU-85 if you know what you're doing.
5. Volks suck at killing infantry. Their Shreck upgrade is their greatest redeeming feature that makes them not total shit. If your armor is being killed by volks, stop building armor like an imbecile.
6.The resource conversion is not 100% efficient, and if an OKW player uses it often he will be handicapping himself.
7. The Kubel doesn't require micro to kill. It literally only takes two infantry squads that aren't right next to eachother to push it off and it'll die to three squads shooting at it before it can even get away. As a matter of fact, it takes far more micro to use a Kubel effectively than to kill it.
8. Every faction has some way to heal and reinforce in the field (except SU, which can only reinforce non-doctrinally). The OKW truck's advantage is that it takes some dedication to kill, but it's weakness is that once set up it doesn't move. Once again, a single AT gun can take it out.
9. The OKW flaktrack is an area denial weapon. If your enemy is trying to use it offensively, then all it takes is a few AT nades, an AT gun, or some handheld AT to kill it. It's fragile and requires support and micro to be effective, and costs vital fuel. Not even close to OP.
10. Your idea of the Puma is simply wrong. It could be and was used against armor.
11. Stuka has a predictable barrage pattern that makes it easy to dodge, and reloads at the speed of a dead tortoise, and is expensive.
12. Panther is not nearly as powerful as you make it out to be. Any trouble you have fighting a Panther is because you're improperly equipped, not because it's some god of war.
13. Seriously you need to L2P.
7 Jun 2015, 12:12 PM

Permanently Banned

3. SHQ is hard countered by a single AT gun, if you for some reason can't afford armor.
4. Panther is a tank hunter, IS2 is a heavy tank. Either way, a Panther will lose to two T-34/76 or even just one SU-85 if you know what you're doing.

LOL
7 Jun 2015, 12:13 PM

Op, the time you spent writing this bullpudding could have been used more effectively by actually playing the faction you complain about. You will see then how wrong you are.
7 Jun 2015, 12:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
7 Jun 2015, 12:36 PM

I was expecting a thread on the actual issues that OKW has such as: Having no good solution to clearing buildings or punishing players who just camp in green cover (no snipers, lackluster indirect fire), being overly punished for losing a flakHT too early, having lackluster non-doctrinal infantry options that get easily pushed off by enemy flamer spam, having no assault units worth their price (sturmpioneers scale badly and they have way too short range to add combat value in the midgame), etc etc.

Instead this is somehow a thread about how the most under performing faction is somehow OP.

Thumbs down.
7 Jun 2015, 12:47 PM

Panther is a tank hunter,

pls not again alex clone
7 Jun 2015, 13:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Wow If you put as much effort into improving your play as you did into making this novel of pure nonsense you wouldn't even think OKW is as OP as you say it is!!

Because they are really far from OP. Matter of fact they're the weakest by far!!

I can't believe you did this. The longest post I've ever read and it was literally so pointless.

Quick summary... Unbelievable!

Edit: I had to check the date and scrub my eyes to make sure this wasn't from last patch and was just necro'd. You're seriously..... :foreveralone:

But..but.. there are more chapters promised...:P Have you got your smelling salts ready? :D
7 Jun 2015, 13:25 PM

Sigh? Yawn!
The German army of late (well, and early) 1944 was crippled and burnt out alright, but....

what does that have to do with the price of rice in China? This is a computer game, and....

OKW in 1v1 is flat out piss weak, and virtually nil of your analysis and the successive complaints is accurate.
7 Jun 2015, 13:51 PM
Benefactor 115

Good post OP but I think it's not in depth enough, take some time and expand on your points please, I'll be eagerly waiting.
7 Jun 2015, 14:33 PM

ok this thread isn't really kek, it surely isn't top kek but it is something just plain stupid so i'll give the bronze kek award
7 Jun 2015, 14:45 PM

Patch in 16 days, these threads are pointless.
7 Jun 2015, 14:48 PM

Patch in 16 days, these threads are pointless.

Yep, considering the OP has zero idea what he's talking about.
7 Jun 2015, 16:41 PM

They have too many AT options and yet their overall AI capabilities are lackluster. Their T4 is too cheap and accessible too early. The Luchs got ninja nerfed a few last patch and yes they don't need any shrecks.
7 Jun 2015, 17:22 PM

man, i really did miss these OKW OP threads. theyre really funny considering the current okw balance state.
7 Jun 2015, 20:02 PM

pls not again alex clone

Do you seriously think the Panther isn't a tank hunter? What do you use it for, fighting enemy infantry?
7 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM

I heard there will be even more nerf to OKW
7 Jun 2015, 20:49 PM

Do you seriously think the Panther isn't a tank hunter? What do you use it for, fighting enemy infantry?

That was a joke based on your persistent attempts to rebrand medium tanks to tank hunters :snfCHVGame:
7 Jun 2015, 20:53 PM

That was a joke based on your persistent attempts to rebrand medium tanks to tank hunters :snfCHVGame:

Actually; Iv repeatedly said the only actual tank "hunter" in the game is the Panther, because it's designed to be able to take on pretty much any tank baring the very heaviest on in a 1 on 1 and then moonwalk out.

Historically the T34 variants were also tank hunters ~the more you know~
7 Jun 2015, 20:54 PM

Permanently Banned

OR TD's to medium tanks:snfMarcus:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS