Login

russian armor

Replacement of Trenches for OST

5 Jun 2015, 05:44 AM

But, seriously, any kind of gun must have a verry hard time to colapse a trench, because hey, that is why trenches where designed for. I understand grenades will be efficient against trench garrison, molotovs, flame throwers, incendiary strikes, but mortars, AT guns, even artilery must have a very hard time to destroy them. In fact, the only quick / efficent metode to dispose of a trench should be storming it with flames grenades and molotovs or hitting them with incendiary strikes. Only then people will begin to build them. And they may cost something, like manpower or whatever.....
10 Jun 2015, 08:52 AM

I don't want them removed. I just want them to mean something. Virtualy, placing your squad in a trench it's rather a bad idea because you will be super exposed to grenades, flames, etc not having a powerfull bonus to compensate for. They don't need replacement, they need re-thinking.

Maybe units inside gain a consistent accuracy bonus at far, health bonus, ROF bonus, anything will make you consider this option not ignore it as for now.

Agreed. Defensive structures should be workable like everything else in the game. Soviet defense commander tank traps should be tougher and faster to build also.
10 Jun 2015, 09:20 AM

I was surprised that the new trenches were so different to the ones in CoH1. Not least because vehicles could drive over them, so they didn't choke an area up.

Was there much unhappiness with the CoH1 trenches?

Given the fact that coh1 trenches given immortality to unit inside, unless you spammed it with incendiaries?
Yea, there was quite the unhappiness.

At least you can put HMG or mortar in coh2 trench.
10 Jun 2015, 15:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Just put damage modifers so that AT guns and tanks do half damage. Theres no reason to make trenches give arbitrarily better cover than standard buildings just because the durability is bad. Shocker, maybe buffing trench durability to things that destroy it like a house of cards that really shouldn't should be changed. Dont you think?
10 Jun 2015, 15:56 PM

I always thought the net at the top would stop a grenade or Molotov.

The netting is just there for camo purposes. It's likely somewhat flammable and if it actually caught a grenade it would be akin to an airburst shell detonating directly over the trench.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 86
New Zealand 2
South Africa 1
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %