Login

russian armor

Two Echelon, two Rifle Opening

3 Jun 2015, 21:52 PM

Is it viable? Experimenting lately, floating MP and then getting a Lietenant and then either a HMG or M20. The MP float from not building lots of Rifles means I can cache up and build FPs, while easily reinforcing units. It also means I have +600 typical by 3 CP, when I get Paras.

3 Jun 2015, 22:23 PM
Donator 11

It is, the capturing speed provided by having 2 RE squads is good for some maps, but for others Rifle opening is better.
3 Jun 2015, 22:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I find the early game advantage of USF is lost with this type of opener. 2 RE 3 Rifle would probably be significantly more viable.
3 Jun 2015, 22:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is better for like 3v3 or 4v4 where your teammates can cover for you,but like ohme said if youre gonna build 2 RE's then you need 3 rifles if youre in 1v1/2v2
4 Jun 2015, 00:01 AM

Yeah, I played around with this quite a bit in 2v2s but two REs + two Riflemen only works in larger team games reliably with the faster fuel income.

It can be an interesting build for those situations but I find myself preferring to lean on the superior early game that USF has with triple rifles.

If you want to do a MG heavy build I suggest Mechanized Company, grab two Rifles + WC51. Keep the WC51 alive until CP2 and trade it in. The manpower glut you get from having ~2 Riflemen and trading in your WC51 lets you get 2 .50 Cal HMGs out. Probably not the most amazing strategy in 1v1s but works fairly well in team games.
4 Jun 2015, 06:21 AM
Patrion 14

FOUR BLUE BADGES IN A ROW. YEA BABY.
4 Jun 2015, 07:45 AM

2RE into 2Rifles, lieutnant, m20/halftrack (I build both if the map is ok for), zooks(on RE), BARs.
in the middle of the BO, you build another rifle and place an emplacement to cover a side of the map. its really map and game dependent.

I use this BO with armor company and usually don't go for the major before really late if the game last long. I pump 1 m10 at cp7 and leave it in my base if there is no tanks so the CD ends and I can pump a 2nd one if an early panther point his nose on the field. Exception if I detect an Ostheer going CAS, I'll go for the major and pump SCOTTs.

To play this BO, I don't send RE squads to cap fuel or ammo (unless they are safe like fuel in semoisky summer) but to cap all normal territories + VPs. I cap 4 neutrals first and use rifles + RE to push after on the fuel/ammo.
Quickly Capping 4 neutrals gives you around the same amount of fuel than capping 1 fuel. Usually you don't have troubles to cap your fuel point after 4 neutrals, the real threat is a fast kubel to your fuel or a fast MG to your fuel, but it means you can go directly to his cutoff.

I tend to send RE in each side of the map so if one meet an early undesirable, I can still cap around with the 2nd one.

From the logic to send both RE on each side of the map, try to combine to attack both fuel point at the same time, if your opponent is that them or want to counter you, he'll have to divide his troops.

This strat works better vs Ostheer indeed, but I like it vs OKW as well.

Don't queue cap too much at the beginning, RE are really fragile, its better to micro them a bit more than losing one in the first couple of minutes.
4 Jun 2015, 18:20 PM

Thanks guys! So much blue.
5 Jun 2015, 09:10 AM

I played around with 2 RE, 2 Rifles openings in 2v2s for quite a while. I think it can work but you absolutely have to build a fighting position to get more damage out of one of the REs.

Because of this I actually find 1 RE, 3 rifles more mobile.

@Exile , out if interest, if you're playing armour why don't you go 1 RE, 2 rifles, asault engi. The time that all comes out isn't drastically different due to the lack of build time on the assault engineers and although its more expensive its way stronger in fights.
22 Jul 2015, 20:19 PM

I can't get two rear echelon openings to work against good players. When everything goes right then yep the fast territory grabbing is awesome.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak