Login

russian armor

US Mortar Halftrack's vet ability

31 May 2015, 19:47 PM

I know it has a delayed charge and that's about it. I don't really get what exactly it does.

Why is it better then it's normal barrage?
Is the explosion bigger?
What situations should I be using it in?
31 May 2015, 20:07 PM

I think it fires bigger, heavier shells with reduced range (because they are heavy) and a timer.

I guess you can use them to blow-up buildings faster than with regular shells.
31 May 2015, 20:16 PM

160.0 vs 80.0 damage, 105.0/105.0/105.0 vs 35.0/35.0/35.0 penetration, same range, higher scatter angel and distance. It's much better against buildings and bunkers, sometimes even crew weapons.
31 May 2015, 21:05 PM

:thumb: OK, thanks for the answer. I think I'll go try it out now.
31 May 2015, 21:18 PM

Also you can barrage light vehicles with it, sometimes when you have luck it sticks to the vehicles, pretty much ensuring they get destroyed.
1 Jun 2015, 00:57 AM
Patrion 27

I haven't used it more than once or twice but I have heard that the vet ability is potent vs OKW HQ trucks.
1 Jun 2015, 01:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I haven't used it more than once or twice but I have heard that the vet ability is potent vs OKW HQ trucks.

Its not. The spread/accuracy is huge and youll be lucky if ONE shell actually hits the truck. Youd be better off saving the munitions towards more M1919s.

And light vehicles? a direct hit to a kubel wont kill it.

Its needs to be way way more accurate,or free.
1 Jun 2015, 01:56 AM
Patrion 27

I have used two 5% accuracy bulletins for the USF mortar HT and it's still really lackluster. spending that amount of resources early game when pack howi, m8 scott and priest do the job a lot better seems moot.
1 Jun 2015, 02:28 AM

I have used two 5% accuracy bulletins for the USF mortar HT and it's still really lackluster. spending that amount of resources early game when pack howi, m8 scott and priest do the job a lot better seems moot.

It's accuracy isn't what it needs help with; it has very, very good scatter. It's biggest weakness is it's kinda crappy ROF giving it low DPS versus structures.

It's best used for the White Phosphorus. Delayed Charges are best used for clearing buildings.
1 Jun 2015, 02:33 AM
Patrion 27

It's accuracy isn't what it needs help with; it has very, very good scatter. It's biggest weakness is it's kinda crappy ROF giving it low DPS versus structures.

It's best used for the White Phosphorus. Delayed Charges are best used for clearing buildings.

Yeah, it's an OK unit to counter players that are camping buildings but I'd rather just use nades or flamethrowers.
1 Jun 2015, 02:35 AM

Yeah, it's an OK unit to counter players that are camping buildings but I'd rather just use nades or flamethrowers.

The White Phos can allow you to wipe entire armies, just fire it into his retreat path and watch the wipes happen. Even if you don't kill the unit he will take FOREVER to get his army back to full health.
1 Jun 2015, 03:16 AM

The White Phos can allow you to wipe entire armies, just fire it into his retreat path and watch the wipes happen. Even if you don't kill the unit he will take FOREVER to get his army back to full health.

I find it terrible for wiping squads. The phosphorous makes a smoke screen which blocks line of sight so your units can't finish the weakened squads off before they get away.

I usually just use it to block off advancing paths to delay, clear a building quicker, or to stop MGs from firing on my troops.
1 Jun 2015, 03:19 AM

I find it terrible for wiping squads. The phosphorous makes a smoke screen which blocks line of sight so your units can't finish the weakened squads off before they get away.

I usually just use it to block off advancing paths to delay, clear a building quicker, or to stop MGs from firing on my troops.

Make sure your army is still cutting him off, but the Phosphorus slows squads down so it allows you to catch up and get at least a few wipes in normally, but yeah it's good for forcing enemys off points to.

Also gotta remember white phos' disables vehicles main guns!
1 Jun 2015, 05:59 AM
Donator 11

Really good for barraging OKW emplacements, not so much for squad wiping
1 Jun 2015, 07:19 AM

The mortar is good since its buff and the delayed shells are OK to quickly clean a building or a position.

The problem is it delay your teching by 40 fuel. you must invest in a fuel cache to compensate it.
1 Jun 2015, 07:33 AM

I have used it against OKW trucks.

Its not.

It can't hit them at all, in face unless your target is an airfield, there is a good chance you'll miss whole barrage.
1 Jun 2015, 08:08 AM
Donator 11

I have used it against OKW trucks.

Its not.

It can't hit them at all, in face unless your target is an airfield, there is a good chance you'll miss whole barrage.

It does a ton of damage if you can manage to get close enough
1 Jun 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2015, 08:08 AMFuzz

It does a ton of damage if you can manage to get close enough

If you get it close enough to actually it being accurate, you're going to say hello to shrecks standing next to it.
1 Jun 2015, 08:36 AM
Donator 11

If you get it close enough to actually it being accurate, you're going to say hello to shrecks standing next to it.

Pretty much. I could definitely see it being OP if it had a small scatter at long range though
1 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM

Hmmm that sounds surprisingly like a Panzer Wefer....:foreveralone:

Wouldn't you agree Katitof?

US mortor seems quite poor and certainly needs a buff to bring it on par with Ost one. I dont know the stats but to me it seems to have a slow ROF with reduced damage in comparison. Pack Howie is defo the better choice
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★