Login

russian armor

Did the NDA help or hurt the Hype.

27 May 2015, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 20:14 PMNapalm
I'd vote for another option. The NDA makes me sad. It ended up creating a rift within my clan that I did not expect. Additionally it removed my desire to play the current CoH2 version knowing that changes and such are coming with the upcoming to be named content.

With all my heart, THIS ^

I won't be able to play current coh2 knowing what is to come.
I don't know how long I won't be able to play coh2 after alpha, because relic protects their info more then russia its secrets.
:foreveralone:
27 May 2015, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 00:13 AMMortar
For the VAST MAJORITY of the players who will purchase the new content, the NDA makes no difference as I believe those folks are completely unaware of the new content at this point.

The lack of a mob demanding info on a new faction may allow Relic to spend a little more time working out the kinks of that faction before dumping it all over the meta. The rush to "finish" designing OKW definitely shows and I hope they don't repeat the same mistake with their new NDA faction.

Not that it should keep them from deploying a few much needed changes in the meantime.
27 May 2015, 20:42 PM

Would appreciate some helpful keywords.

NDA is useless, all the information regards to Brits is available. Welcome to the age of Internet.
27 May 2015, 20:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 20:33 PMKatitof

With all my heart, THIS ^

I won't be able to play current coh2 knowing what is to come.
I don't know how long I won't be able to play coh2 after alpha, because relic protects their info more then russia its secrets.
:foreveralone:

Agreed

However the best bit about the Alpha was the people complaining who didn't get in it
27 May 2015, 20:56 PM

Agreed

However the best bit about the Alpha was the people complaining who didn't get in it

I'm more worried about some of the people who did get in it. :foreveralone:
27 May 2015, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 20:56 PMVonIvan

I'm more worried about the people who did get in it. :foreveralone:

Yea.. that too.

Imagine Alex or Sierra.

These would be softcore examples of whats in. :foreveralone:

The utter bs spawned on the forums since 2nd wave make official forums look objective and unbiased place of balance happiness . :foreveralone:
27 May 2015, 21:07 PM

The NDA will piss off the community a little bit but it makes sense from Relic's standpoint. Leaked alpha development messes up marketing to new customers. They can't advertise a cool new add on and then when a potential costumer searches for more information they find people whining about broken alpha stuff. All it takes are some trolls to bad mouth the add on a little and customers are lost. People don't dig in deeper to find out more about a game they have no connection with, they go with the first information they are presented with. And if that information is broken alpha stuff, well.

Everyone on this website is going to buy this anyway. They can afford to piss off the community a little bit in the hopes of reaching new customers.
27 May 2015, 21:31 PM
Benefactor 355

I am dead serious bro.
27 May 2015, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 20:58 PMKatitof

The utter bs spawned on the forums since 2nd wave make official forums look objective and unbiased place of balance happiness . :foreveralone:

I don't know kati I've been hearing a lot about you spreading some glory for the motherland on the alpha forums.

In the mean time why can't they just release some of the for sure changes now that have nothing to do with the british. Just why the fuck not. Shouldn't have to wait a month for some of the stuff we all know is going to make the patch, because thre are a huge amount of changes being made. Break it up ffs. Giant patches are so inefficient.
27 May 2015, 22:43 PM

It's like on coh2.org.

Alex vs Katitof in every thread.
27 May 2015, 22:44 PM

I don't know kati I've been hearing a lot about you spreading some glory for the motherland on the alpha forums.

Well, certain someone tries to prove that M-42 is decent AT gun so...
27 May 2015, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 20:56 PMVonIvan

I'm more worried about some of the people who did get in it. :foreveralone:

Wam Bam Treffer versenkt.
Katitof & his Axis analogues running an alpha, the inmates have taken over the asylum.

I fully expect the biggest balance fuckup since the introduction of WFA.
27 May 2015, 23:14 PM

Wam Bam Treffer versenkt.
Katitof & his Axis analogues running an alpha, the inmates have taken over the asylum.

I fully expect the biggest balance fuckup since the introduction of WFA.

I wouldn't worry about that.

Some butts will be hurt, but overall we might end up with one of the best balance patches up to date.
New army being new army, people will likely come up with stuff that alpha people didn't, just like with WFA.
Sadly can't say anything more other then I'm excited, but I can't tell you why :foreveralone:
27 May 2015, 23:20 PM

No offence (or offence, whatever, just a figure of speech, take it as you will) but you have to understand that the prospect of you and the rest of the vocal fanboy crowd having any meaningful impact on balance/gameplay/faction design decisions erodes whatever little confidence there is left in the active playerbase.
Although, as for myself, I honestly don't care too much anymore, expecting the worst allows little room for disappointment, amor fati and such.
27 May 2015, 23:50 PM

Well we give a lot of feedback but in the end it's about relic and whether they manage to do the job.
I remember bugs that were in WFA alpha and only got patched after half a year.

28 May 2015, 01:12 AM
Donator 11

NDA is completely useless, if people want to find out what's in the Alpha they easily can. All it does is cause pretty shitty relations between the developers and the community. This dead horse has been beaten so much.
28 May 2015, 03:59 AM
Patrion 28

because it is relevant: http://www.pcgamer.com/heart-of-the-swarm-beta-patch-warhound-gets-the-boot-carrier-welcomed-back/

i can't find the beta video that showed the warhound but blizzard revealed the warhound, and its purpose within the terran army, without giving out stats. then they went and pulled the unit...

ALL i want out of relic is a list of the new units and commander abilities. it can be subject to change but i want to know *in general* what's coming so i can be excited about.

actually, i already have a rough idea what's coming and i'm excited (and apprehensive due to relic's track record) about it. i don't care if the brit's infantry does 16 or 10 damage a shot but i want to know what they are and what their general function is.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 22:44 PMKatitof

Well, certain someone tries to prove that M-42 is decent AT gun so...

it's a great AT gun. if you're fighting lusch.
28 May 2015, 04:33 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Furthermore, #virgin mods of coh2.org can't wait to feed their pretty little self-esteems and hit dat quality ban button and shut down every form of excitement.

So what should we do instead of containing NDA-Leaks? Promoting them? Oh come on you can't be that dewy-eyed.

Yes we never signed a contract with Relic to enforce their NDA, but for the sake of our communication with Relic we tried not to let NDA breaches happen, were it reposts or leaks by actual Alpha members. At the start we had a very harsh zero tolerance policy but that led to discussions inside the staff so we adjusted it to a lighter Zero-tolerance policy which means we invised all Leaks and gave people a warning and just banned them when they were getting too oblivious.
28 May 2015, 04:41 AM

You guys really think any new customers potentially buying the upcoming content can't just as easily decide not to buy it by spending just a few minute on the forums hearing what the community thinks about the company and their nda and community relationship? The NDA doesn't protect them from negative community outlook on upcoming content.

As a sidenote: when you already don't have a huge player base, it is a bad idea to split about 30% of the players off into a contained alpha test. Getting games even among friends is ruined half the time by this.
28 May 2015, 04:52 AM
Patrion 28

So what should we do instead of containing NDA-Leaks? Promoting them? Oh come on you can't be that dewy-eyed.

leave them as long as they're not defamatory/flaming/break any of the usual posting rules.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★