Login

russian armor

Demo Charges are fun.

25 May 2015, 22:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

26 May 2015, 02:33 AM
Patrion 28

best way to stop demos is to blob but take a sweeper along with you and keep them towards the front. that way you can see the demo with minimal micro required.
26 May 2015, 03:23 AM

I love how allied faction players bitch about Axis blobs, but every game I see groups of 4-5 riflemen or cons running around together. The current meta of the game is TO BLOB. So of course people are going to be upset over the better blob counters in the game (the demo being one of the best).

Seriously though, allied players, stop howling "your a gay blobber!" if I am beating you in a match, you blob just as much as I do and early game my 3 volk and 1 sturm squads get easily chased off by your 5 con or 4 riflemen squads that just so happen to be right next to each other as you move to engage.
26 May 2015, 04:11 AM

agreed. Demos are fun. No patch required for demos. use sweepers
26 May 2015, 04:32 AM

agreed. Demos are fun. No patch required for demos. use sweepers

Using demos is super fun. Having them used against you isn't. Allow a sweeper upgrade to ALL axis infantry then its fine. Having to buy 4 pioneers so that all your troops have a sweeper isnt feasible. Demos vs blobs are ok. Demos versus 1 or 2 harassing or flanking units is not ok.
26 May 2015, 07:02 AM
Donator 11

say you have a fusiller squad worth 290 MP with a 90 munitions G43 upgrade. Boom. Hit a 90munitions demo while flanking.
Just wiped a squad (may have had vet too) essentially for free.
Much balance.

You know something terrible happened to me too last night. I upgrade my guards with DPs and a OH player puts a minefield in the retreat path. They die. How dare that evil Hun do that to me? Should I cry?

26 May 2015, 07:40 AM

I know how to fix demos: stop blobing.

And yet the biggest blobbers in this game happen to be the Allies. By far.
26 May 2015, 07:45 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 07:40 AMJason

And yet the biggest blobbers in this game happen to be the Allies. By far.

Go watch Paul's stream NOW
26 May 2015, 09:03 AM

I'd rather use all that muni for infantry and vehicle upgrades buuuut there is a lil problem with that.
26 May 2015, 09:16 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 09:03 AMKatitof
I'd rather use all that muni for infantry and vehicle upgrades buuuut there is a lil problem with that.

+ 1
26 May 2015, 11:44 AM

You know something terrible happened to me too last night. I upgrade my guards with DPs and a OH player puts a minefield in the retreat path. They die. How dare that evil Hun do that to me? Should I cry?

If he managed to get behind and flank you, he's earned the wipe. With demo you don't need to do any clever flanking. Just turd one out and wait.

26 May 2015, 12:13 PM

If he managed to get behind and flank you, he's earned the wipe. With demo you don't need to do any clever flanking. Just turd one out and wait.

How is this different to "if he managed to bait you over demo, he's earned the wipe" argument then?
You shouldn't get caught by more then single demo, if you have no sweepers after first one or after seeing assault engies, you've failed to take counter measures.
26 May 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 12:13 PMKatitof

How is this different to "if he managed to bait you over demo, he's earned the wipe" argument then?
You shouldn't get caught by more then single demo, if you have no sweepers after first one or after seeing assault engies, you've failed to take counter measures.

That's a good question, I'll try to explain.

1) Laying a minefield deep in enemy territory behind their lines is more complicated than laying demo in your own territory.

2) A Wehr minefield is very unlikely to wipe a full health squad retreating, only a half-dead squad. A demo will happily destroy full-health squads.

Let's say the soviet player gets a shocks squad behind you so when you retreat he wipes your units - this is fine. He's used timing and tactics to get the wipe. Same as the pios in your retreat path example. But with pios and the shocks would only wipe a badly injured squad. Demo wipes everything and with no skill involved?
26 May 2015, 14:36 PM

1) That would be more complicated if that mine field wasn't being layed down like grass seeds and actually had to be set up over meaningful amount of time. Back capping pios aren't really that rare sight.

2) You haven't been walking over wehr minefields in a while then, its much more likely to wipe squad regardless of spacing they make on retreat, unless you plant it on the edge of retreat patch.
26 May 2015, 15:03 PM

26 May 2015, 16:40 PM

Comparing Demo charges with S-mine fields is retarded.

Assuming your opponent is not blind and actually has some reaction time, S-mine fields will wipe squads if AND ONLY IF you manage to sneak a pio squad behind enemy lines to build the field in a retreat path. And guess what, all AI mines do this!

Now demo charges on the other hand do not have signs and will wipe squads without giving your opponent any response time. They also do not have to be placed on retreat paths, but instead can be placed on any semi-important spot for easy, 1-click wipes.
26 May 2015, 16:42 PM

If you read your opponent's movement, you can gauge if he/she has set up a demo. I played a game yesterday where cons were kept moving back and I used my pios to sweep (plus amazing line of sigh for MG-42) to clear the path. Demos are fun feature in this game and ya it punishes blobers allot more.
26 May 2015, 17:45 PM

Demos are flat out one of the worst and retarded mechanics in the game for the simple reason that there is so little counterplay to them, and that they can decide the game in one fell swoop for 90 munis, and I say that as a fanatical demo user.
26 May 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned
I'll repeat: If you blob, you deserve the wipe.
26 May 2015, 18:33 PM

I'll make a separate thread on blobbing and demo charges as some people seem to think that having the demo charge as a blobbing deterrent justifies its current performance. Spoiler alert: it's not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★